OT: - Tiger Woods in severe single car accident | The Boneyard

OT: Tiger Woods in severe single car accident

Reaction Score
That was no simple roll over accident. That front end hit something.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
High speed, on a hill, with a turn. The car went across the median, rolled over, and tumbled down a hill.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The last accident he fought a fire hydrant. This is much worse. Tiger is lucky to be alive. If he weren't wearing a seat belt we'd be comparing this to Kobe's death about a year ago. They say Tiger wasn't impaired. Charlie take note. When dad hits 70 I'd seriously consider taking his car keys...and the remote.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The last accident he fought a fire hydrant. This is much worse. Tiger is lucky to be alive. If he weren't wearing a seat belt we'd be comparing this to Kobe's death about a year ago. They say Tiger wasn't impaired. Charlie take note. When dad hits 70 I'd seriously consider taking his car keys...and the remote.
Yep. The seatbelt saved him.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The word accident implies that a car crash happened through the fault of nobody in particular. This can be seen in the commonly used phrase, “It was just an accident.” On the other hand, the word crash indicates that someone caused the car wreck to happen, or that someone is actually at fault.

I came to learn this distinction when I had to take a written test to renew my California driver's license.

JordyG

Reaction Score
The word accident implies that a car crash happened through the fault of nobody in particular. This can be seen in the commonly used phrase, “It was just an accident.” On the other hand, the word crash indicates that someone caused the car wreck to happen, or that someone is actually at fault.

I came to learn this distinction when I had to take a written test to renew my California driver's license.
I get it. Unfortunately in most cases this is a distinction that make absolutely no difference at all to the person(s) involved.

Reaction Score
Tiger has had two very distinctive lives. The one before his wife chased him down with a 5 iron causing the first crash. And, the one after. Before, he was god-like. After, he was turning into a more normal human being, and, apparently, a good dad. I wish him well with a full recovery.

At this point, it’s hard to tell if he will ever play competitive golf again. If anyone can recover to that extent, it’s Tiger. Like his lives, for me, there are two kinds of golf tournaments. The ones with Tiger playing in it and the ones he doesn’t.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Tiger has had two very distinctive lives. The one before his wife chased him down with a 5 iron causing the first crash. And, the one after. Before, he was god-like. After, he was turning into a more normal human being, and, apparently, a good dad. I wish him well with a full recovery.

At this point, it’s hard to tell if he will ever play competitive golf again. If anyone can recover to that extent, it’s Tiger. Like his lives, for me, there are two kinds of golf tournaments. The ones with Tiger playing in it and the ones he doesn’t.
Frankly I just want to see Tiger walk out of that hospital with Charlie at his side. I also want, next year, to see him standing behind the winner of The Master and walking to the clubhouse. Driving not so much.

Reaction Score
Name me a better putter than Tiger !!!!

Based on the injury reports, it does not look good for a return to golf. I hope no amputations are necessary.

Reaction Score
I hope he keeps his legs. I hope his "smashed ankle" doesn't turn out like my dad's smashed ankle after he was in a bad car crash. The smashed ankle had to be surgically put together, and ended up as big as a softball. Resulted in intense chronic pain from arthritis later in life.

Just want Tiger to get better, keep his legs, and be able to walk again. From the reports, that's what we should be wishing for.

Reaction Score
Name me a better putter than Tiger !!!!

Based on the injury reports, it does not look good for a return to golf. I hope no amputations are necessary.

Based on the medical reports, I don't think amputation is even a possibility.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That was no simple roll over accident. That front end hit something.
It was a “simple” end-over-end rollover. O don’t know what one has to do to make that happen, but I sure hope I never do it.

Reaction Score
If Tigger's vehicle crossed the road, and hit another car, or even a pedestrian, would it be just a "simple accident". I don't get the word play here. Now he claims he doesn't remember a thing. Something tells me, "this just ain't right!"

Reaction Score
It'll be a long, slog recovery for him. He had surgery for compartment syndrome. Look it up - they literally filet the muscle. Pretty gruesome.

Reaction Score
I seem to recall that Ben Hogan came back from a serious car crash, but he was much
younger than Tiger.
Yes, nine years younger. His injuries, however, were more numerous and more severe. Although he had great success in majors after his miraculous return, he only played 39 events over the next 10 years. Basically only the majors. He had problems walking the course - and major problems in those events that required 36 holes in one day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom