Tiger Trouncing stats available | The Boneyard

Tiger Trouncing stats available

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Up-to-date per-40-minutes spreadsheet is available at the usual place.

I was impressed with the team in the Memphis game. Against somewhat lesser competition, all of the team members demonstrated they know where they are supposed to be, both on offense and defense. The number of lapses of focus resulting in mis-positioning was quite small. There were a number of times -- including once at the end of the game -- when the ball-and-player-movement ballet was just mesmerizing.

The starters were in the game longer than I expected, but the subs made the most of their opportunities:
Per-40-minutes (and playing more than 5 of them), Megan lead the team in made FG and points, Kyla in FG attempts and RB, Azura in blocks. Azura also had the highest A/TO.

Thank you, ladies!

Molly, please shoot!

Reaction Score
In your Full Season Summary and Regular Season Summary, the opponents total line (row 23) formula's reference row 22 when they should be referencing row 23.

In the Regular Season Summary, UConn's total line (row 22), the formula's reference row 21 when it should be 22.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
In your Full Season Summary and Regular Season Summary, the opponents total line (row 23) formula's reference row 22 when they should be referencing row 23.

In the Regular Season Summary, UConn's total line (row 22), the formula's reference row 21 when it should be 22.

Believe it or not, the formulae are correct -- the totals lines are supposed to be in different rows in the summaries than in the game sheets. BUT your observation allowed me to find some other problems:
1. The minute Camara played in the OK game was omitted
2. There was an inconsistency in formatting the game pages in the .xslx version of the spreadsheet due to bad copy & paste work on my part, causing bad summary totals.

So, you've prompted me to do the testing in non-Excel spreadsheet products that I've been putting off for a while. I've verified it works in Libre Office Calc and Open Office, with appropriate warnings about the macro. As a result, I've removed the .xlsx version from the website, saving me some work with each new game.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reaction Score
I should have clarified that I was looking at the non-macro version.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all that you do. I am using your spreadsheets to track All Americans and Wooden/Naismith players.
The numbers are interesting to say the least.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Thanks for all that you do. I am using your spreadsheets to track All Americans and Wooden/Naismith players.
The numbers are interesting to say the least.

If it's not considered a proprietary work, I'm sure there is more than one Boneyarder who'd like to see your work on this.

Reaction Score
upload_2018-1-2_21-16-16.png

Legend:
  • KLS
  • KM = Kelsey Mitchell
  • AD= Asia Durr
  • VV=Victoria Vivians
  • JC = Jordin Canada
  • KN=Kia Nurse
  • BM=Brook McCarty
  • CD= Dangerfield
I am no where near being a data scientist/statistician but this is just a quick visual of the per game averages of the guards I am following.

Reaction Score
Post-Wing players
upload_2018-1-2_21-23-13.png

Legend:
  • AW = A'ja Wilson
  • GW = Gabby Williams
  • NC=Napheesa
  • JN=Jamie Nared
  • MR=Mercedes Russell
  • KB=Kalani Brown
  • MB=Monique Billings
  • AS=Azura Stevens
There are several other players missing. Sabrina Ionescu, Teaira McCowan, Arike Ogunbowale, Sophie Cunningham etc.
Depending on how things progress over the next few weeks. I may do an update to include those players that I have missed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A comprehensive look at the Division 1 leaders in the 5 major stat areas at a glance.

Thanks.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I am no where near being a data scientist/statistician but this is just a quick visual of the per game averages of the guards I am following.

They are, as you said, interesting views. How about switching the blocks stat for turnovers in the guard graph?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom