Tidbits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tidbits

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Continued........................So I spent the rest of the game entertaining these kids while in between rooting our huskies on to victory. They were sharing their pretzels and candy with me. I think the mothers at one point overheard my dad and I talking how we liked the tournament lapel pins the coaches of both teams were wearing all tournament. At the end of the game all the families were all getting their stuff together and obviously they were disappointed in the loss. The little girl with the lollipop came up to me and handed me this (pic below) , I said, "oh no I can't take that! That is a special pin. Thank you though, that was really nice of you to offer" and then her mother came up behind her and said "no. we all wanted you to have that. Thank you, and Congratulations on the Championship"

View attachment 98357

After I received that, I was then admitted to the floor for the Championship celebration where I got to talk to Yousoff about our mutual love of Cam ;-)

View attachment 98358

Coach Hurley is absolutely right about the Marquette Program and fans. Great people, great organization, classy as hell. They are probably our biggest on court rival in the league, but I will never hate them.

I've been carrying around this pin in my pocket ever since that night, and it is staying there until we hoist trophy #6.
This is the best Tig Bat I’ve seen yet.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Tidbit(s) -
I went behind enemy lines and watched the BigEast tournament Championship game from the Marquette bench among the staff families.

I was close enough that I was planning on giving them all hell all game long while guiding my huskies to a title. I talk as much and as harsh as Cam Spencer does during a normal game.

View attachment 98349

But then something unusual and unexpected happened. Adub (like the Grinch) had his cold, black heart melted by the coaches families. I was sitting amongst 5 Marquette Children between the ages of 1-6

These two here below spent the whole game turned around like this and were asking me questions. Their first question was "Why are you rooting for the enemy? Boo Providence" - Obviously they were still thinking it was the semifinal opponent. Who can blame real young kids who are part of the program and in New York City for multiple days from getting confused. Their mothers told them to leave me alone, but I replied "Hey I agree with them! Boo Providence!" They laughed and I assured them that I have no problems with their kids. They are fine.

View attachment 98350

To be continued........... (Yeah @businesslawyer , here is another story I may not finish!
IMG_1102.jpeg

This you cheering on Donovan’s and-1? She looks like she’s backing away as you gesture wildly like a rabid Providence fan.

Reaction Score
Continued........................So I spent the rest of the game entertaining these kids while in between rooting our huskies on to victory. They were sharing their pretzels and candy with me. I think the mothers at one point overheard my dad and I talking how we liked the tournament lapel pins the coaches of both teams were wearing all tournament. At the end of the game all the families were all getting their stuff together and obviously they were disappointed in the loss. The little girl with the lollipop came up to me and handed me this (pic below) , I said, "oh no I can't take that! That is a special pin. Thank you though, that was really nice of you to offer" and then her mother came up behind her and said "no. we all wanted you to have that. Thank you, and Congratulations on the Championship"

View attachment 98357

After I received that, I was then admitted to the floor for the Championship celebration where I got to talk to Yousoff about our mutual love of Cam ;-)

View attachment 98358

Coach Hurley is absolutely right about the Marquette Program and fans. Great people, great organization, classy as hell. They are probably our biggest on court rival in the league, but I will never hate them.

I've been carrying around this pin in my pocket ever since that night, and it is staying there until we hoist trophy #6.
Milwaukee peeps are great.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Tidbit - Apparently a state supreme court can tell a coach of a Division 1 university how to allocate playing time.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tidbit - Apparently a state supreme court can tell a coach of a Division 1 university how to allocate playing time.
Are you sure? I remember (in a business law class many decades ago) being told that is not the case.

August_West

Reaction Score
Are you sure? I remember (in a business law class many decades ago) being told that is not the case.
It is why Shannon is playing basketball right now. So yeah, Im sure.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It is why Shannon is playing basketball right now. So yeah, Im sure.
Misunderstood your initial statement.

The fact remains that they cannot tell him how many minutes each player should play (or who should start, what positions any given player should play, etc..). It's just a matter of that state's court saying they can play him.

August_West

Reaction Score
Misunderstood your initial statement.

The fact remains that they cannot tell him how many minutes each player should play (or who should start, what positions any given player should play, etc..). It's just a matter of that state's court saying they can play him.

The judge actually made a recommendation about playing time as a way to to be exposed for a potential lawsuit for damages in relation to the harming of NIL opportunities.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The judge actually made a recommendation about playing time as a way to to be exposed for a potential lawsuit for damages in relation to the harming of NIL opportunities.
Wow if the Judge did that.

August_West

Reaction Score
Wow if the Judge did that.
It’s pure frockin insanity. A team can’t even suspend a player now! Illinois to their credit actually tried to do the right thing. Screw this kid.

Reaction Score
In the 80's in the Bathroom at Hooligans on Rte 32 in S. Eagleville, (then it became Smedleys and now it is Pub 32 I think............. anyway it will always be Hooligans to me) there was Graffiti in the mens bathroom that said "Tig Bats"

I've always wondered what that meant and what sociopath wrote it.
Hooligans was the best UConn bar from 86-87 when I graduated. I am thankful for the miracle that me and other fellow students made it back to campus and carriage house from there. I remember watching the infamous BU - UConn game there, where Mike Jarvis made the Huskies play after a bus accident and the game went late into the night.

I also remember walking into Hooligans on last day of classes senior year, after pre-gaming at Ted's for a few hours. Hooligans chalkboard advertised "Really disgusting Tequila $0.99 Shots".
My buddy and I partook, downed the shots - took one look at each other and we each walked straight out the door and gave the beers we'd consumed at Ted's back to the earth.

Cleared up room for rest of the nights' debauchery, I don't recall anything after that.

Reaction Score
It’s pure frockin insanity. A team can’t even suspend a player now! Illinois to their credit actually tried to do the right thing. Screw this kid.
lol what judge -- elected or appointed -- is ever going to recommend a star player from their state sitting out?

Reaction Score
During today's press conference, John Fanta complimented Brad Underwood on his speed and agility during last night's post game celebration and said he couldn't move that fast if he was chasing a burger. Love that guy.

Reaction Score

August_West

Reaction Score
lol what judge -- elected or appointed -- is ever going to recommend a star player from their state sitting out?

They should not be involved with this. This lawsuit is pure garbage. The presumption of innocence is for the court room, and when Shannon's case comes up he will have his day in court. That presumption of innocence is why he is not in jail right now. I assume Illinois, like UConn and pretty much every other school out there also has a "code of conduct" which is entirely disconnected from the judicial system. Illinois should be able to do with whatever they want to in response to this when it comes to whether or not they want a player participating on their team . When AJ Price was suspended for the year, and Marcus Williams for part of the year for laptopgate, they had not had their day in court yet, but were still suspended by UConn for violating the teams code of conduct. The inmates are truly running the asylum now, and I don't like the implications one iota. I was, and am, all for NIL in the overarching sense and it's stated intent. That is already way off course anyway and in a new york minute we went off the rails, but this is entirely in another hemisphere of bad signs for this sport.

Im enjoying the hell out of this run we are on, and trying to soak it all in because this house of cards is about to collapse and within the decade this sport will look nothing like it has from say the mid 80's to today. It's been a fantastic run for the sport. Currently my love of UConn basketball is enough to mitigate my disgust with society in general, and college sports in particular, but every day the scale starts weighing heavier on the side of disgust winning. And when that happens, I'm out.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Stop the rape conversation.

Take it to a DM.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1999 Championshup - on flight home from Ft Laud to Bradley that coincided w/uconn v duke gm (vaca plans made months earlier) & before cell phones, iPads etc., whenever we flew over a major hub (Atlanta, DC etc), pilot would announce game score. Very tight gm. Entire plane would cheer whenever pilot announced UConn ahead. When we all deplaned at Bradley, only few minutes left in close gm. A young man with a boom box (remember those) happened to walk by the frantic UConn fans in airport & pretty much kidnapped his radio, changed station to Joe D’s uconn broadcast as about 100 fans gathered around the boom box & the poor kid looked at us like we were crazy….which, of course, we were. Cheers were amazing when they won & the poor kid was able to retrieve his boom box & RUN away from all of us! Great memory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom