Ticket Prices | The Boneyard

Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think UConn should reduce ticket prices. I can go to a wolfpack game and get my hockey fix for 10 bucks. Besides, for some reason I found 10-12 dollar tickets for the BC game but now they are up to 22.50 after fees. Am I missing something?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Season tickets are $150 for a full season. Better off going that route on a cost per game basis.

Reaction Score
They didn't charge fees for BC and now they have several sets of fees. How about the $2 for emailing the tix? Give me a break!

Reaction Score
$17 is cheaper than BU, BC, Maine, Merrimack, Providence, Notre Dame, Vermont, most UNH tickets, and is the same as Amherst, Lowell, and Northeastern. For a chair back padded seat, that's a great deal. Most of the above charge $20+ for a wooden bench with numerous obstructed views. I'm looking at you, Maine.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The fees are highway robbery. Just say the price is $21.50. I wanted to go today with my wife and 2 Y.O. Last I checked, $17+$17+$12 = $46. I go to checkout and I'm being charged $58.25?

How Congress found that Ticket Master isn't a monopoly in the Pearl Jam case, I'll never know. Global Spectrum, and Ticket Master (UConn too because they are allowing it) are pricing out families. I could understand a fee to pick up at will call, but the Internet is supposed to make things cheaper and more efficient. It costs nothing to send bits of data over a coaxial cable line...

Season tickets are $150 for a full season. Better off going that route on a cost per game basis.

Only if you attend every game and only for hockey, apparently. For football, they lower the price of single game tickets by 35% (compared to season tickets) two days prior to kickoff. For hockey, they add 25%? There is no discernible logic.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It's too bad this isn't football. I can't give away my 4 extra season tickets on a weekly basis. I don't even think I could pay someone to take my extras.

I guess that's good news for the growth of UCONN hockey though. Demand seems to be fairly high right now. Two good games this weekend against good local opponents. Should be an exciting 2 games at the XL.

Reaction Score
The fees are highway robbery. Just say the price is $21.50. I wanted to go today with my wife and 2 Y.O. Last I checked, $17+$17+$12 = $46. I go to checkout and I'm being charged $58.25?

How Congress found that Ticket Master isn't a monopoly in the Pearl Jam case, I'll never know. Global Spectrum, and Ticket Master (UConn too because they are allowing it) are pricing out families. I could understand a fee to pick up at will call, but the Internet is supposed to make things cheaper and more efficient. It costs nothing to send bits of data over a coaxial cable line...

Only if you attend every game and only for hockey, apparently. For football, they lower the price of single game tickets by 35% (compared to season tickets) two days prior to kickoff. For hockey, they add 25%? There is no discernible logic.
Try buying at the box office before the game, there might be a small facility fee of a dollar or two, but no TM fees. They're awful, BU's $24-26 price becomes $30-35 with the absurd fees. TM is indeed pricing out a lot of fans.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I just looked at tickets. $12 tickets have a $1.50 fee. And I don't think the school uses TicketMaster anyway.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I just looked at tickets. $12 tickets have a $1.50 fee. And I don't think the school uses TicketMaster anyway.
Sorry...Agera...

If my ticket order was still valid, I'd post it. Off the top of my head, here are the costs to step foot into the XL Center for a family of three, one being a 2 y.o. boy (not including parking or possible bite before the puck drops).

2 adult tickets: ($17 +$2 for whatever) x 2 = $38
1 child ticket: (12.50 +$1.25 for whatever) = $13.25
Delivery Fee (e-mail is the only option)____$2
Order Charge:_____________________$5

Let me know if you want me to total that up, or if you can do the math on your own.

For the BC Game, the $2 and $1.25 for the adult and child tickets was not charged, nor was the order fee. Why does Vermont carry a 21.4% premium over the #3 ranked team in the country?

Reaction Score
They didn't charge fees for BC and now they have several sets of fees. How about the $2 for emailing the tix? Give me a break!
Really charging for email is hitting below the belt. Come on.

Reaction Score
I have season tix. I asked my buddy who has football season's to do the doubleheader with me today. He bought four tickets through the Uconn website and said he paid $15 with no fees.....$60 total for 4 tickets. I wonder what he did or if he was misrtaken.

Reaction Score
As long as thy pack in every game, then they can charge what they want. $17 is really not bad.

Reaction Score
The prices are not out of line, I went to the box office1 hour before game and got 2 tickets for $17 each 7th row from ice on the blue line, great entertainment for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom