Ticket buying options Concerts/NBA/MLB | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ticket buying options Concerts/NBA/MLB

Reaction Score
I would say they're definitely on the same caliber as college street and the other 2 venues hold 8x the amount of people.

Just looking at college street, these are the artists appearing in the next few months:

The Roots,
Mars Volta,
Hot Tuna
Explosions in the Sky
Interpol
Violent Femmes,
Bad Religion

the only band that Toad's Place has right now that I'm vaguely familiar with is Shakey Graves.

Reaction Score
One reason that ticket prices have gotten so high is that it's the only way for the artists to actually make money. They make nothing on the music streaming. The concert tix are still somewhat reasonable if you get the tix directly when they go on sale. It's expensive, but these stadium shows cost a fortune to put on. The problem is the secondary market and I'm not sure what the answer is. When Springsteen used dynamic pricing for some of his best tickets, people were outraged. It does suck that you needed to drop $5k for front of stage seating, but at least he and his team made the money. Ticketmaster took their few pounds of flesh also, but they get that on the secondary market for many of the tickets anyway.

I personally don't love stadium tours anymore. I think that's more about the bands that play stadiums than the stadium atmosphere. I saw Green Day and Weezer at Citi Field and liked it a lot. But G&R at Met Life wasn't great. I have no interest in seeing Taylor Swift, Drake, Beyonce....

I've been done with attending pro sports for a while. They're typically boring to attend (especially considering how many NBA/MLB games there are) and are generally better on tv. Especially since I don't have a huge rooting interest anymore. College sports are still much better priced. I got the Empire (UConn/Indiana and Texas/Louisville) seats for $125 per ticket. That doesn't seem unfair for two good games (I'll probably leave after the UConn game). Small theater shows are also still reasonable.

Well the music labels are pushing the cost to fans. They could give a bigger cut to the Artists instead of just giving them for fractions of pennies on the dollar for album sales.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think the appeal is the huge tailgate atmosphere before/during the show but I've never been a huge country music fan

To be fair, Toad's Place still seems like it has a lot of pretty cheap concerts. You're just not going to see Taylor Swift there
Except for the fact that Bob Dylan showing up there in 1990 was akin to Taylor swift

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well the music labels are pushing the cost to fans. They could give a bigger cut to the Artists instead of just giving them for fractions of pennies on the dollar for album sales.

I mean you say the right things but you actually have no idea how this works. in 2020's? THE ARTIST AND THEIR MANAGEMENT! also hold back seats for secondary market, that is why everyone gets shut out of on sale dates, it aint (just) bots. And heres the thing. I guess if someone is going to scalp its better the artist scalps their own tickets than a 3rd party.

Reaction Score
Just looking at college street, these are the artists appearing in the next few months:

The Roots,
Mars Volta,
Hot Tuna
Explosions in the Sky
Interpol
Violent Femmes,
Bad Religion

the only band that Toad's Place has right now that I'm vaguely familiar with is Shakey Graves.
Toad’s has several artists with millions of monthly listeners on Spotify playing there in September (Memphis May Fire, Villano Antillano, Zhu) in addition to a few bands that were popular in the early 2000’s that draw pretty well.

They usually have a lot of shows featuring more alternative music than College Street I guess though so it’s not everyone’s scene

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Let’s say you wanted to take a family of 4 to an NFL game. What should you expect to pay and what app would you use?

Reaction Score
Let’s say you wanted to take a family of 4 to an NFL game. What should you expect to pay and what app would you use?
For good/decent seats? Well over a $1,000. And the best place for NFL tickets are probably Ticketmaster resale or SeatGeek. They might not have the best prices but they will probably be the official marketplace. I've heard horror stories with some of the other apps including StubHub since they were sold.

Reaction Score

I think it depends on who the 2 teams are that are playing. If 1 team is ok record wise and the other is awful you could get tickets for 4 for maybe 150 a piece.

If both teams are good, it will be well over 1000 for just the tickets.

Reaction Score
1693766278994.png

Reaction Score
For good/decent seats? Well over a $1,000. And the best place for NFL tickets are probably Ticketmaster resale or SeatGeek. They might not have the best prices but they will probably be the official marketplace. I've heard horror stories with some of the other apps including StubHub since they were sold.
Sometimes teams release additional seats on game day. I know it's nice to have tickets in advance but last minute works.

Reaction Score
Sometimes teams release additional seats on game day. I know it's nice to have tickets in advance but last minute works.
Very true but still going to run over $300 each for something good. Always can wait for the secondary market too. But that could go the other way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom