Thursday (3/7) games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Thursday (3/7) games

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Marina Mabrey just walked by.. I thought she looked familiar.. Then I saw the nd logo on her bookbag. I was thinking for a second what in the world is she doing at this game . Then I remembered that her sister is playing for VPI. @Dillon77 @Fightin Choke @Orangutan
You need to remove your jinx on Dara and put it on Marina, please! Marina would gladly take the fall for lil sis.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Utah just came out to start their warmup, and they only have 7 players warning up. Is that all they have healthy now??

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well whattya know. Brian Agler and Bill Laimbeer are chit chatting about 10 feet away from me.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well whattya know. Brian Alger and Bill Laimbeer are chit chatting about 10 feet away from me.
Agler. ;)

This is Alger:

Alger_Hiss_%281950%29.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not a ton of massive upsets so far, but a lot of teams likely secured their tournament spots today including Auburn, NC, Clemson, Michigan State, Indiana and Cal if they hold on. No way does LSU have a real shot anymore IMO. I still think Tennessee is a fringe team at best despite what Creme says.
UNC, Auburn and Tennessee are teams I would personally not want to see in the tournament, despite what the resumes may say.

FWIW LSU’s RPI nosedived to #81 after losing today, so the value of those two wins for Tennessee has diminished somewhat.

The road wins at Missouri and Texas and the sweep of Auburn are anchoring Tennessee’s resume against the losses to Georgia, Alabama and (gasp) Vanderbilt. It’s about as bubbly as it gets.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon State isn’t even playing today but I can confidently say that I’ve seen more Beaver attire than of any other school today. They’re the Pac-12 attendance leaders and they travel.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Utah just came out to start their warmup, and they only have 7 players warning up. Is that all they have healthy now??

That's what they're saying in the between game broadcast inside the arena. They had Dre'Una Edwards joining them for several minutes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was not a fun second game... I'll have to look at the replay but looks like Coach McCallie was at the handshake line before the clock ticked off the final few seconds. A bunch of sad looking Duke fans tonight... alot were headed to the exits with several minutes left on the clock. :(

I'd be very worried, Triad appears to be a master jinxer. He jinxes in a very subtle and unassuming way, but his jinxes are 100% effective, I haven't seen one fail yet. :cool:

This was said in another thread, I was like... I aint that bad am I :oops:

I predicted Ga Tech, VPI, and Duke to pull off upsets today.... would have put money on it

disappoint.gif

No more predictions outta me the rest of the ACC Tournament

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That was not a fun second game... I'll have to look at the replay but looks like Coach McCallie was at the handshake line before the clock ticked off the final few seconds. A bunch of sad looking Duke fans tonight... alot were headed to the exits with several minutes left on the clock. :(

This was said in another thread, I was like... I aint that bad am I :oops:

I predicted Ga Tech, VPI, and Duke to pull off upsets today.... would have put money on it

View attachment 40647

No more predictions outta me the rest of the ACC Tournament

Do me a favor and don't predict any of my teams are gonna win. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's what they're saying in the between game broadcast inside the arena. They had Dre'Una Edwards joining them for several minutes.
Yeah I saw they were interviewing her. My seat is close to the broadcast desk.

Bums me out to see what happened to Daneesha Provo as well. She was Utah’s second leading scorer behind Huff and I think would’ve really made a name for herself. She went down with an ACL in the first ASU game in early January, having played 13 games—4 too many to get a medical hardship. And so ended her college career.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like you're getting a nice game in the night cap @Plebe ...at least so far. Washington plays like this occasionally, and it makes me wonder how they play so badly most of the time. 18-17 UW after Q1, Huff is struggling so far.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big THREE from Emery...32 points for her. 2 point lead for the Hokies.

I had no idea she had so many pts until I saw this post earlier. They dont put the players stats on the videoboard... its off to the side on one of those ribbon scoreboards. She is definitely an electric offensive player. Not sure about her post graduate basketball plans.... but I did see a few weeks ago on a VPI site, that she was accepted into VET school.... fulfilling a lifetime dream.

When is the last time Clemson made the QF of this tournament?

Well pre 2005...... the ACC had 9 teams.... so technically if you finished 7th place or above or above you were in the quarterfinals automatically. Since that round of expansion.... they won a game in the 2009 tourney (regular season 2-12) ... and played in the quarterfinals and lost.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha Vegas is *not* my cup of tea. But the arena is nice. Stadium style seating and just the right size.

1) which arena are they playing in

2) what exactly is stadium style seating

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Missy Peterson is just night and day difference since she doesn't have to wear a mask anymore. She never adjusted to it and just couldn't shoot. She's been lights out the last 2 games.

UW is KILLING Utah w/ turnovers. Dawgs up 34-26, Utah has 14 TOs and it's not even halftime yet.

The ball just dead stopped on the heel of the rim. Never seen that before. I've seen it get jammed between the rim and the backboard, but not this.

Plebe

Reaction Score
1) which arena are they playing in

2) what exactly is stadium style seating
MGM Grand Garden Arena

I could be wrong but I think of stadium style meaning each row is significantly higher than the one below it. Creates better sight lines and a more intimate feel

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oregon State isn’t even playing today but I can confidently say that I’ve seen more Beaver attire than of any other school today. They’re the Pac-12 attendance leaders and they travel.
I saw lots of Orange and Black at the Maui tournament in December 2017.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Utah just looks flat. I think the injuries and the late game collapses against ASU and USC have just gutted them emotionally.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

They do indeed travel very well, but they are no longer lead the Pac 12 in attendance. Oregon does, and by about 1700/game over OSU (7217 vs, 5457). I don't think any other Pac 12 teams approach either number.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah just looks flat. I think the injuries and the late game collapses against ASU and USC have just gutted them emotionally.

I think you're right. 12-2 scoring in Q3 in favor of UW. Utah just looks done.

Hard to figure what happens in conference tourney games. USC-Arizona looked like a pick 'em game, didn't expect a blowout. UW is on the verge of running away with this one.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Utah went on a a bit of a run to cut it to 11 and then Bean got hit with a charge call that I really thought was a block. Coach Roberts was uncharacteristically ready to explode after that one.

Bean is really banged up. She’s limping around the court during dead balls and timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom