Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
always was pretty good... but like everyone else couldnt get past UConn

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Regarding Ms. January, a few years ago Karima Christmas (now with Tulsa, as I recall) also played for the Indiana Fever. I kept waiting for the play where Christmas would miss a shot, and January would get the offensive rebound and put it back for a score.

That would give the game announcer a chance to make the timeless observation that "Christmas is followed by January!"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I just enjoy her and Renee continue to go at it... January is more of a valuable piece to her team than Renee currently is BUT Renee brings some great energy

Reaction Score
Thanks. I was so salty after the Mexico over US win and this was exactly what I needed. Although I'll be damned if that third foul wasn't some Stop.

Reaction Score
The first 15 minutes of that game was practically all Arizona State.

I never would have believed that January, at this point of their respective careers, would be having a better pro career than Montgomery.

Reaction Score
IIRC, that year ASU's other starting guard, Dymond Simon (a top 10 recruit out of HS) tore her ACL in the last game of conference play before the NCAA tournament, yet ASU still made the Elite 8. Charli Turner Thorne is a great coach. She took a year off a couple seasons ago, but she got ASU back to the Sweet 16 and was a point or two shy of making the Elite 8 IIRC last year. She did so without a single starter ranked top 100 out of HS.

Reaction Score
The first 15 minutes of that game was practically all Arizona State.

I never would have believed that January, at this point of their respective careers, would be having a better pro career than Montgomery.

January was unranked coming out of HS. At that point, I never would have guessed she ultimately get drafted ahead of Courtney Paris as a senior, and for that to pan out to have been the right selection.

January definitely deserves consideration for the USA team. She's right in the middle in terms of age and experience–comes with lots of experience but still young enough to invest in to return for 2020.

She and Courtney Vandersloot are pretty close. Most might pick Sloot over January, but I think January is a bit quicker, a better defender, and actually a better 3-point shooter IIRC.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she's tough as nails... isnt her dad military?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom