Thoughts On All Access | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thoughts On All Access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I truly hope that potential. Recruits have the chance to watch those as it will give them a great window into coach and the program, expectations and way to achieve it. It explains why UConn is like no other place for WBB

Reaction Score
I think they edited part of Geno going off on KLS. I saw preview of All-Access show and the dialogue was longer, and the camera on KLS was also.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think they edited part of Geno going off on KLS. I saw preview of All-Access show and the dialogue was longer, and the camera on KLS was also.

Yes. I thought this was the case as well.

Actually, I was one of the BY'ers who thought it was a little extreme to show some of the verbal butt-kicking responses to an audience.

However, after seeing the show (albeit filtered), when you think how small these events are in comparison to the whole show and more to the point, to the time that the players interact with the coaching staff in general, it is much more palatable to me and no longer feels like indiscriminate verbal abuse.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if SNY will be re-playing this show? If so, when?
When is the next NEW one scheduled ? Anyone know how many original shows there will be ?

Reaction Score
When is the next NEW one scheduled ? Anyone know how many original shows there will be ?
There's one per year, so last night's was it. Each season has 11 or so Geno Shows though, and we've only had two so far, so they will start airing new episodes on a weekly basis.

Reaction Score
If someone could post a link for those of us out here in the hinterlands, that would be great...! :)

SCUD 49: Having never done a like, I can't help in that regard: but was there enough in this solid thread to help you get to something that will enable you to access the show? It was so well done, I'll try to find a way to help you (do have some high tech friends) if your are still in need....don't want you to miss this.

OTHERS: terrific show, thread, and comments.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There's one per year, so last night's was it. Each season has 11 or so Geno Shows though, and we've only had two so far, so they will start airing new episodes on a weekly basis.
I thought they do a couple/three of these during each season. They don't get to produce anything post regular season, but I thought they sort of split the season into thirds and this one carried through the first 6 weeks.

FYI - the reason the ND game got such scant coverage (as well as a few others) is because they don't own the film on those games.
'
I sure prefer Geno's locker room talks to those of pretty much any other coach that gets them aired - not a lot of bravado or PR going on - straight, honest, and occasionally brutal talk meant for the team and not the cameras!

Reaction Score
I posted the following on the Natalie Butler thread but it obviously applies here also!

Watching the HUSKIES ACCESS show Wednesday night after the ECar game was amazing! His use of attacking his players then to say something that pushes his players to play above their skill level! He rides Crystal Dangerfield unmercifully, then hugs her when she exceeds his expectations! His constant snide comments keep the players constantly on edge and he makes sure no matter how talented his teams are they can never WIN in practice so he constantly keeps them humble going into a game! His alumni tell stories that he keeps changing the drill goals so they are always coming up short and he doesn't let them forget they failed! So they can't get too cocky!

Reaction Score
Sue Bird tells the story that her Junior year, one practice Geno was riding her really tough and she started crying and told Geno to go F himself then walked out of practice, only to return 10 minutes later and apologizing to Geno & the team! And today no alumni is as close to Geno as Sue Bird! Maybe DT & and Rebecca Lobo!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sue Bird tells the story that her Junior year, one practice Geno was riding her really tough and she started crying and told Geno to go F himself then walked out of practice, only to return 10 minutes later and apologizing to Geno & the team! And today no alumni is as close to Geno as Sue Bird! Maybe DT & and Rebecca Lobo!
And Geno has apologized to Sue - said he crossed a line trying to get her to snap.

Reaction Score
I agree that we are fortunate that SNY has given us this gem of a series. I watched it two times last night and will probably watch it a dozen more times before it is retired from my DVR.

I disagree with those who say that they should not show the direct and harsh moments of practice. One, if those moments are not shown we would get a warped view of how these teams are made. It would stray further and further from the reality of UConn. This is the fire that forges the steel. Two, it shows how tough these women are. They listen to harsh criticism and they don't collapse. They learn to incorporate the information and produce the incredible results we see. Three, it is a lesson on how elite athletes can be taught and motivated. Four, it is the honesty that Geno and staff shows that make the praise more honest and heartwarming. You know they are not saying it because they always say nice things or because the camera is on or because it will be edited to show only the good.

I love the insight into the coaches mind, their concerns and how they are learning about the team. I love that the team hears the criticism and fights back and evolves into incredible athletes and incredible women.

I admire the team and the coaches the more I see of them -- both the harshness and the hugs.

Sorry I'm late to this thread. I loved this show. Geno is tough, but fair. If you are the best in D1 WCBB and go to UConn then this is what you should expect. It seems to me that the young women on this team (LouConn, NC, Gabulous, Kia, Chong, Big Nat, etc.) have embraced it. It reminds me of my time at USAF Academy. There are "...no excuses, sir!" That's why I watch UConn WCBB and why we have (or will have again) an outstanding military. But, I digress.

I can't wait for the next show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01