This Win is the Greatest Win in UConn History | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Win is the Greatest Win in UConn History

Reaction Score
I just went to the ESPN home page.

Jeez put a dual pic of CC and PB!

ESPN still sucks.
Not to mention, their article on reseeding the women's Final Four says that NC State is currently "the centerpiece of the basketball universe" because of their two surprising Final Four runs this season. No acknowledgment in the article, of course, that UConn is doing the same thing for the (counts on fingers) fifth time now, and has actually won dual championships twice.

Let's make it three times. Nobody puts Husky in a corner.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
First of all the greatest win for a championship program is winning a championship.

1) 1995 NC. The first.
2) 2000 NC. Proved that was no fluke, and bashed Tenn.
3) 2003 NC. The miracle Diana year.
4) 2013 NC. Finally beat ND, and started the 4-peat.
5) 1991 E8. Maybe this Geno guy knows what he’s doing.

I could go on.
2022 OT win over NC State in the Elite Eight

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
This win ranks up their in greatest win in UConn history.

I am amazed at the coaching job Geno and his staff have done. It is probably his best job ever.

It is official now, this team is the Magnificent 7.

3 seniors and 4 freshman playing inspired ball. They just keep coming at you and not giving up.

Again we have both the men and the women in the final four. ESPN take notice. We have been there and done it before!!

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Nobody believes we can go so far. Go Husky ~~~~
Exactly right, K. I really didn't think we'd get this far depending as we do on a couple of players. But I was wrong. Both teams had 2 big-time players; everyone else could have stayed home. When Nika started the game by throwing the ball away and Ashshade began by clanking a few makeable shots, I had to increase my caffeine iv. Am I gonna live through this? Well, yes I did and yes they did.
Getting to see another night of Caitlin and her Magic Wand is a bonus, so next week should be just terrific. Sad as it was to see ND and LSU fall, we couldn't have written a better script.
Easter is a perfect metaphor for our Huskies . . .

Reaction Score
For me, thus win is the most satisfying, and it brings me back pre-1995 before Natty 1.
Why? Because we have gone through a year of unheard of injuries and Geno took a team with 3 seniors and 4 freshman to the FF4.
Also, the total lack of respect for what this team accomplished during the regular season was glaring.
When Ice hit that three, I thought the "basketball gods", which have been terrible to us, finally seem to be back with us.

Reaction Score
4 down, 2 to go. Uconn has handled Iowa 4 times in the past few years, even with Clark, we won going away. This team has arrived and playing their best BB this year. S. Cal put up a fight, but fell short. I said it before and I'll say it again..... I BELIEVE!!!!!!! I also believe that No. Carolina will beat S. Carolina in the FF and Uconn will beat N. Carolina in the championship game. I BELIEVE!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!! GO PAIGE !!!! GO AALIYAH !!!!!!
If NC State can beat South Carolina that would be a huge gift for UConn. South Carolina is the one team that has size and a very deep roster and both of those make them a tough match up for UConn. But in a one game series anyone can win.

Reaction Score
4 down, 2 to go. Uconn has handled Iowa 4 times in the past few years, even with Clark, we won going away. This team has arrived and playing their best BB this year. S. Cal put up a fight, but fell short. I said it before and I'll say it again..... I BELIEVE!!!!!!! I also believe that No. Carolina will beat S. Carolina in the FF and Uconn will beat N. Carolina in the championship game. I BELIEVE!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!! GO PAIGE !!!! GO AALIYAH !!!!!!
If that were to happen it would be one of the three greatest upsets in the history of sports

2024 Women's College Basketball Championship Odds​

A loss by the Gamecocks would be a bigger upset than

The miracle on ice

The previously mentioned men's Wolfpack win back in 83

Take your pick super bowl 3 or super bowl 42

According to the betting odds by ESPN a $12 bet makes you a dollar. I might be willing to bet $120,000 on a South Carolina win.

The real question can North Carolina State Wolfpack stay within 15

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw what you did there!
I think Nika is looking forward to the opportunity to defend Clark again... She wants CC to tell her teammates to "get #10 out of my face" again... in fact, CC is going to feel like she is wearing two jerseys... one her Iowa White, and the other UCONN Blue with a Croatian young woman inside.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
5 6 injured players on the bench this is Genos Greatest Coaching Season and maybe in all of BB history
I mean, no sense in underplaying it.

;)

CL82

Reaction Score
Man just watching Nika give it her all. She’s tasked with the toughest defensive assignments and has to play the entire game. The exertion and exhaustion that she displays, man just so inspiring. We will miss her.
KK has impressed has well. she is a persistent pest on defense. She could be the gnew gnat.. or maybe, Gnat, Jr.

CL82

Reaction Score
2022 OT win over NC State in the Elite Eight
Until a 2024 victory over NC State in the finals?

Star Wars Doom GIF

Reaction Score
Sweet Sixteen was a reasonable expectation and they're in the Final Four. Amazing job by the players and coaches to persevere in a crazy season. All gravy from here out. Already a great season.
In fact, we were never a shoe-in to be in the Sweet Sixteen. We had to play Syracuse, which was taller, and had momentum. Even the BigEast Championship was not a given.

Miracle on the Connecticut!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom