This UConn recruit tore up the Chicago League. . . . | The Boneyard

This UConn recruit tore up the Chicago League. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ok. Seems like RB left much of his dunk repertoire at his high school. I've always been wowed by his hops but those dunks were SICK! I hope he dusts some of those off this season. I can't wait for the season to start. If it wasn't for UCONN hoops I don't know how I'd survive the long CT winter.

Reaction Score
Ok. Seems like RB left much of his dunk repertoire at his high school. I've always been wowed by his hops but those dunks were SICK! I hope he dusts some of those off this season. I can't wait for the season to start. If it wasn't for UCONN hoops I don't know how I'd survive the long CT winter.
Boat dunks all the time.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Boat dunks all the time.
I didn't say he doesn't dunk. I said the variety of dunks isn't as diverse as high school. Most of his are standard two handed with an occasional one handed. Maybe he doesn't want to do anything too fancy and risk missing.

Reaction Score
Boat does all of those dunks that are in the video all the time in UConn games, the one windmill was in warmups. Boat can do pretty much any dunk imaginable but it's kind of hard to pull off a huge variety in games when you jump off of two feet. I've never seen a guy his size catch as many alley-oops as he does.

Reaction Score
I remember specifically the first time I saw Boatright's high school footage - I was at my buddy's condo watching the UConn-Arizona Elite 8 game. I was so fired up after the game that I needed more UConn, so I looked for some video of our incoming recruits. Couldn't believe what a great scorer and athlete the kid was.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but can he play defense? All I see him do is dunk. :rolleyes:

It's a summer league, so no, he can't, neither can anyone else as it against the rules to try on defense.

Reaction Score
As super john mentioned and it's been discussed here before, unless he finds a way to get back to the normal explosion off of one foot you will continue to see the two handers because of the need to stop and jump off of two feet. He actually allowed defenders to catch him ahead of the court because of the need to stop and gather with two feet...........let's see if anyone recognized it and he works on getting back to the one foot!?!?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You can see why he tried to finish too often when he was an underclassman.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As super john mentioned and it's been discussed here before, unless he finds a way to get back to the normal explosion off of one foot you will continue to see the two handers because of the need to stop and jump off of two feet. He actually allowed defenders to catch him ahead of the court because of the need to stop and gather with two feet......let's see if anyone recognized it and he works on getting back to the one foot!?!?
He's been nursing an ankle problem for some time. That's the issue. Hope it heals the way Bazz's foot injury healed. Additionally it would be nice to have a similar outcome for this years team as occurred last season after ahe stars injury healed. :cool:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wow! Impressive how much contact he can take and still finish.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
since we are posting HS videos how about this one ?!!

Let the Ferrari out of the garage, just the way he attacks the rim, my God!
Co-worker asked me to describe him, only needed one word "Nasty"

this is going to be some year, so excited I'm shaking

Best athlete we ever had at the guard spot. If teams thought they couldn't handle the quickness of Bazz and Boatright then I can only imagine what Boatright and Purvis will do to them. Purvis is going to be such a great player for us this year and will be huge in replacing Bazz.

Reaction Score
Best athlete we ever had at the guard spot. If teams thought they couldn't handle the quickness of Bazz and Boatright then I can only imagine what Boatright and Purvis will do to them. Purvis is going to be such a great player for us this year and will be huge in replacing Bazz.

From your mouth to Purvis' ears.

Reaction Score
The amazing thing is, how much Boat has grown since that mixtape.
Especially the latter third of last season.
Leaps and bounds (pun intended) since he started.

Cannot wait for this season to begin.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We've had some pretty damn good athletes at guard though. Ben Gordon and Tony Robertson come to mind.

Reaction Score
As super john mentioned and it's been discussed here before, unless he finds a way to get back to the normal explosion off of one foot you will continue to see the two handers because of the need to stop and jump off of two feet. He actually allowed defenders to catch him ahead of the court because of the need to stop and gather with two feet......let's see if anyone recognized it and he works on getting back to the one foot!?!?
Boat is going off of 2 feet on every play in that vid, both dunks and jump stops to layups. That's who he is, a 2 foot jumper, at this stage in his life you can't change that, its too much of a natural motion for him. Boat just needs to focus on picking and choosing his spots on when he wants to go all the way to rim, which it seemed like he was already doing last season, there was way less reckless drives to the rim. I'm hoping there's a renewed focus on the midrange game, there should be pretty much an imaginary stop sign between the free throw line and dotted line area, because with his ability to stop on a dime and the elevation on his jumper he should be a able to make a killing on pull-up jumpers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak