This Season Looking Through Tony C's Sunglasses. | The Boneyard

This Season Looking Through Tony C's Sunglasses.

Reaction Score
Disappointed in not winning the NC? , Of course, another banner is always appreciated. But what a ride we had watching these amazing women and coaching staff overcome everything from from youth to Covid-19. In spite of the odds against them taking home the prize, I always saw a smile on their faces and a love for each other. I also saw some older guy who's won a few titles here and there rejuvenated and seem to enjoy being in the moment again. I even saw him somewhat accept a drive- by pat on the behind by some player called "buckets" without having a "benched Buckets"! I saw a bunch of really young people working hard and having fun at the same time. I saw a team that tries to be a role model for other young girls. I saw a group of young basketball players that put in the work to achieve a common goal. They may not have won the NC but they have won respect from many new fans all across the country. And that's just as important, in my opinion.

Look at the bright side...everyone is coming back. We have a fantastic class arriving next year. We have at least two very highly rated recruits for the following year. More and more top rated ballers want to come to Storrs and join the "circus". Our glass is more than half filled. Finally, we only lost two games with a team that had no seniors and a bunch of freshmen that were so young , they probably needed ID to visit the dairy bar. We also beat some highly ranked teams (although we had to use our own wobbly basketball to beat SC and had to hire our late fourth quarter substitute referee to finish off Baylor.):D

When we count our blessings, including Paige's great accolades and awards, I am, and always will be, a proud fan of the UConn women, coaches, and staff.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Disappointed in not winning the NC? , Of course, another banner is always appreciated. But what a ride we had watching these amazing women and coaching staff overcome everything from from youth to Covid-19. In spite of the odds against them taking home the prize, I always saw a smile on their faces and a love for each other. I also saw some older guy who's won a few titles here and there rejuvenated and seem to enjoy being in the moment again. I even saw him somewhat accept a drive- by pat on the behind by some player called "buckets" without having a "benched Buckets"! I saw a bunch of really young people working hard and having fun at the same time. I saw a team that tries to be a role model for other young girls. I saw a group of young basketball players that put in the work to achieve a common goal. They may not have won the NC but they have won respect from many new fans all across the country. And that's just as important, in my opinion.

Look at the bright side...everyone is coming back. We have a fantastic class arriving next year. We have at least two very highly rated recruits for the following year. More and more top rated ballers want to come to Storrs and join the "circus". Our glass is more than half filled. Finally, we only lost two games with a team that had no seniors and a bunch of freshmen that were so young , they probably needed ID to visit the dairy bar. We also beat some highly ranked teams (although we had to use our own wobbly basketball to beat SC and had to hire our late fourth quarter substitute referee to finish off Baylor.):D

When we count our blessings, including Paige's great accolades and awards, I am, and always will be, a proud fan of the UConn women, coaches, and staff.
Very nice post. It was refreshing that you stayed away from your opinion (which you are entitled to) concerning next year's starting 5, etc. Well stated recap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom