This says it all... | The Boneyard

This says it all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just told my WVU buddy Edsall is back. He said, "You want to go up for the first game? Gotta welcome him back." I said, "Not thrilled, sucked at MD". He says, "You aren't being grateful. Edsall was a good coach at UConn and he opened things up more at Maryland, he'll evolve, he's got something to prove. He's going to do really well there. We should go, you have a real football coach again and I love that stadium, so much fun." (I enticed him to a few games over the years based on beer and tailgating)

Suddenly, I felt better. Other people think Edsall is a real coach. That is worth something, right? Welcome back coach.

Reaction Score
He's testing the adage that you can't go home again. He is a known quantity in this area. How fast he can get the Program back to respectability is anyone's guess, but one thing we can be certain of: His team will play hard & disciplined. Clock management won't be an issue. Each player will know his assignment & produce, or he won't see the field in game action

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If Edsall beats Holy Cross by four TDs the crowd will be chanting his name. In fact, I could see the crowd chanting "Ran-dy Ed-sall" at every home victory in the final minutes. That's how hungry and appreciative we are going to be for real football respect.

Reaction Score
If Edsall beats Holy Cross by four TDs the crowd will be chanting his name. In fact, I could see the crowd chanting "Ran-dy Ed-sall" at every home victory in the final minutes. That's how hungry and appreciative we are going to be for real football respect.
If we don't beat Holy Cross by four TDs, Randy's head should go on a pike.

Reaction Score
If we don't beat Holy Cross by four TDs, Randy's head should go on a pike.
Right, cause Diaco would.

Edsall is a real Coach, and for that matter so was p. Diaco was just a dummy.

I just want to see competence on the sideline again. The goal line debacle at Navy was Diaco coaching in a nutshell. Every critical moment was too big for him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say we have holes as its more a lack of depth. Although I'm extremely disappointed by the hire, Edsall always has good depth on his teams which will be nice to see again,

I would call QB, #1 WR, the entire OL - but particularly the tackle positions and the entire secondary as major holes. Our interior DL play is also highly dependent on Fatusaki. Our LB play has also lost a step, like much of the D, not as fast as it needs to be.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I am guessing RE will not go with Donovan, not his style of QB... I think he goes another route, maybe JUCO??? He needs a game manager, he will want production from day 1, Donovan is not it..

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
BS is a Randy Edsall QB. He'll be back.
I agree, as I said in another thread he is almost identical size wise and abilitiy wise to Lorenzen.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Oh yeah. Just ask a woman. 5 inches is the same as 8 now days.
In the dark, half of them don't know the difference anyway.

Reaction Score
In the dark, half of them don't know the difference anyway.
As my former boss always said in the dark, lips are lips. LOL.

Regardless, Shirreffs is no where near the size of Lorenzen.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
As my former boss always said in the dark, lips are lips. LOL.

Regardless, Shirreffs is no where near the size of Lorenzen.
I guess the point with those two is that they have similar body builds and playing styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom