This paper got an A- in one of UNC's bogus classes from Sporting News | The Boneyard

This paper got an A- in one of UNC's bogus classes from Sporting News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bjr6eVVCYAAyS_j.jpg

Link to article UNC Class

Reaction Score
Yet it doesn't matter. UNC will never be punished in any meaningful way, ever, by the NCAA.

UNC is a great school. First and foremost they're an excellent school, and this garbage should embarrass every student, faculty member, and alumnus. Hopefully if the NCAA won't force them to change, public shaming will.

Reaction Score
The writing might not be that lively and the overall structure could use some work, but hey, Mr. Blake's prose is crisp, his lead engaging, and his copy mostly clean (kudos for properly spelling the possessive pronoun 'its' - a point that probably escapes most Deadspin writers). This piece makes me want to visit Johnny Rockets for a burger, so I award Mr. Blake an A-.

Reaction Score
The writing might not be that lively and the overall structure could use some work, but hey, Mr. Blake's prose is crisp, his lead engaging, and his copy mostly clean (kudos for properly spelling the possessive pronoun 'its' - a point that probably escapes most Deadspin writers). This piece makes me want to visit Johnny Rockets for a burger, so I award Mr. Blake an A-.

Yeah I've seen WAY worse from non-athletes. It's not the best I've ever seen but it's not even close to the worst

Reaction Score
I've seen worse on professional sports writers' blogs.
Blake's review of Johnny Rockets was better than what I've seen in my local newspaper. (Not a complement.)

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah I've seen WAY worse from non-athletes. It's not the best I've ever seen but it's not even close to the worst

You have to Google it to find the site it was plagiarized from.

Reaction Score
You have to Google it to find the site it was plagiarized from.

So... there's a yelp review that is exactly the same. But do we know if the yelp review came first? Do we know that the person claiming Blake wrote it didn't just take it from there and say Blake wrote it?

Reaction Score
Hey if it was double spaced and bigger fonts, it would have been a 1 page paper!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So... there's a yelp review that is exactly the same. But do we know if the yelp review came first? Do we know that the person claiming Blake wrote it didn't just take it from there and say Blake wrote it?

C'mon. People, Yelp wasn't even a glimmer in the APP creators eye when Steve Blake was at Maryland.

Reaction Score
C'mon. People, Yelp wasn't even a glimmer in the APP creators eye when Steve Blake was at Maryland.

How does that have anything to do with someone saying that he wrote it? I could grab a Yelp review written today and say Blake wrote it in college.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
yeah, you could absolutely. But the question was "I wonder which came first" , which I obviously misunderstood the meaning intent of, so I may in fact be dumber than Steve Blake. :)
How does that have anything to do with someone saying that he wrote it? I could grab a Yelp review written today and say Blake wrote it in college.

Reaction Score
yeah, you could absolutely. But the question was "I wonder which came first" , which I obviously misunderstood the meaning intent of, so I may in fact be dumber than Steve Blake. :)

Yeah, I meant if it came before the deadspin article, which doesn't have any proof to suggest the text was written 10 years earlier.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That paper wouldn't get an A- at Granite State College- a school I've never heard of but see enough banners for on the boneyard telling me it's a great place to get my bachelor's.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Someone explain to me how this story is basically a non-issue with the mainstream media but I had to hear about our unfairly-instituted APR tournament ban for 3 years.... :mad:

Reaction Score
At Kentucky that gets you a PhD in English Literature. There are levels to this.

Maybe; but Kentucky really needs to help its players draft better resumes, just ask Steve Masiello.

Reaction Score
it's sad that he's writing about rosa parks while unc and the department of AFAM are making a joke of their predominantly black athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom