This means nothing. New brackets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This means nothing. New brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ESPN analytics gives us a 3% chance of having a strength of record inside the top 50. No matter how well this team plays the schedule just isn't tough enough when you consider they are highly likely to drop at least a game or 2 they shouldn't. Have to win the AAC tournament to get berth, good thing its in Hartford.
It is amazing that year after year we discuss this and people still hold an opinion like yours.

If people honestly believe UConn's only way into the tournament is by winning the AAC tournament they should have their poster privileges revoked.

Reaction Score
It is amazing that year after year we discuss this and people still hold an opinion like yours.

If people honestly believe UConn's only way into the tournament is by winning the AAC tournament they should have their poster privileges revoked.
I must have missed the years since we became a top tier program where we lost to teams like Wagner and Northeastern at home to open the season. This year is like no other in the last 20 years when it comes to who we lost to, and who we have remaining on our schedule that gives us a chance to get good wins. If we had played well at Maui it would be a different story, but we didn't, now this is the truth we are stuck with, for this season, whether you want to believe it or not.

Reaction Score
Can't we take the good with the bad w/o complaining about it? I'm trying to look at things this way: next year, some of our subs will be far more experienced, than otherwise anticipated (Vital, Jackson, and Durham especially). We do have a lot of talent out with injuries, but, I don't like to be harsh on a team this young, and with this many injuries. Who does that benefit?

Reaction Score
I must have missed the years since we became a top tier program where we lost to teams like Wagner and Northeastern at home to open the season. This year is like no other in the last 20 years when it comes to who we lost to, and who we have remaining on our schedule that gives us a chance to get good wins. If we had played well at Maui it would be a different story, but we didn't, now this is the truth we are stuck with, for this season, whether you want to believe it or not.
If we finished 20-9 in the regular season our foretasted RPI would be 29. But you believe a potential 28-5 UConn team with an RPI in the top 15 would be left out of the tournament. Truly amazing some of the takes around here.

Reaction Score
The autobid% doesn't take into account home court, so I wouldn't rely on that at all.
If we finished 20-9 in the regular season our foretasted RPI would be 29. But you believe a potential 28-5 UConn team with an RPI in the top 15 would be left out of the tournament. Truly amazing some of the takes around here.
I think you're being asininely literal. Originally he said drop a game or two we shouldn't, not a game or two overall. I don't think anyone would say a team that went 23/24 to end the year from an okay conference would be left out. But that's also not bloody likely based on our play to start the year.

Reaction Score
The autobid% doesn't take into account home court, so I wouldn't rely on that at all.

I think you're being asininely literal. Originally he said drop a game or two we shouldn't, not a game or two overall. I don't think anyone would say a team that went 23/24 to end the year from an okay conference would be left out. But that's also not bloody likely based on our play to start the year.
Except for the fact multiple people in this thread said that. And sadly, this is not new to this year. We had posts last year after losing to Temple on Jan 5th saying our only way in was winning the AAC. I am being literal because there are a lot of posters who off their rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom