This means nothing. New brackets | The Boneyard

This means nothing. New brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got a lot of work to do before we get in there but I think it started with Syracuse. If we can steal a game from OSU Saturday and then take care of UNF and Auburn we could be on our way. This might be one year we're glad to be in AAC, we can pile up some wins there for sure....

Reaction Score
How is 2-5 Wagner not in the field? They just kept it to 10 against a loaded Monmouth team

Reaction Score
Got a lot of work to do before we get in there but I think it started with Syracuse. If we can steal a game from OSU Saturday and then take care of UNF and Auburn we could be on our way. This might be one year we're glad to be in AAC, we can pile up some wins there for sure....

I see it the other way. I'd have more confidence that this young but somewhat talented could pick up a few scalps and go 10 and 8 in the ACC. They won't be consistent enough to go through the AAC with 2 or few losses, which they would likely need to do to snatch a berth.

Reaction Score

We need the AAC to be as highly ranked as possible. 20 wins with our schedule is not enough to get in. 22 should be enough, which means we can only afford to lose 4 more regular season games, or 5 if you assume we'll win our first AAC tournament game.

Reaction Score
UConn will have to win the AAC tournament. A win vs Syracuse and Ohio State wont mean much.

Reaction Score
How is 2-5 Wagner not in the field? They just kept it to 10 against a loaded Monmouth team

You know some things are funny and some things are just monotonous. If you are attempting funny or sarcasm you suck at it and are pretty much an idiot. If you aren't attempting humor in some way then you're just an idiot! We get it, you hate the Huskies, the players and the coaching staff. You can find somewhere else to play if you can't at least be somewhat within reason of a fan.

Reaction Score
Honestly, where did I ever suggest I hate the Huskies, maybe worry about the tourney in late Feb. if the team gains some consistency

How bad is that Wagner loss, it's bad, no options other than basically winning AAC conference

You know some things are funny and some things are just monotonous. If you are attempting funny or sarcasm you suck at it and are pretty much an idiot. If you aren't attempting humor in some way then you're just an idiot! We get it, you hate the Huskies, the players and the coaching staff. You can find somewhere else to play if you can't at least be somewhat within reason of a fan.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The funniest part: Wagner is in the linked bracket. In addition to being a giant as$hole, he's completely illiterate as well.

Reaction Score

Auburn has a legit shot to be 10-1 when they come to Hartford on the 23rd. They're also #18 in RPI right now...which, while RPI means little at this time of year, it's a pretty good indication that they gamed the formula well and might end up being a top 100 win.

Reaction Score
Honestly, where did I ever suggest I hate the Huskies, maybe worry about the tourney in late Feb. if the team gains some consistency

How bad is that Wagner loss, it's bad, no options other than basically winning AAC conference

Wagner is also history drop it for crying out loud. We all get that, no turning back.

You can't like them if you continually have negative posts 99% of the time.

Reaction Score
Wagner is also history drop it for crying out loud. We all get that, no turning back.

You can't like them if you continually have negative posts 99% of the time.
Wagner is not history. It's baggage we have to carry for the entire 16/17 season. It's an epic fail we have to live with.

Reaction Score
Wagner is not history. It's baggage we have to carry for the entire 16/17 season. It's an epic fail we have to live with.

No but hear it every day? Idiocy, we all know it was bad. Our expectations at this point, in case you haven't noticed, isn't anything to celebrate in case you haven't noticed so grow some thick skin, enjoy the growth of those who will be here to bring this program back to where it should be whole watching those seniors who tried their damnedest to keep it there. Also some gave us big moments, even an NC.

It is what it is, if you want the Elite 8 you're on the wrong wagon.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No but hear it every day? Idiocy, we all know it was bad. Our expectations at this point, in case you haven't noticed, isn't anything to celebrate in case you haven't noticed so grow some thick skin, enjoy the growth of those who will be here to bring this program back to where it should be whole watching those seniors who tried their damnedest to keep it there. Also some gave us big moments, even an NC.

It is what it is, if you want the Elite 8 you're on the wrong wagon.

Mau - I couldn't agree with you more
I will say up front that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion and I respect that BUT, I, as you, am tiring of the KO haters/bashers/doubters, those who love the program and the coaches when things go good but are Debbie Downers when things are not bright.
One thing I used to love doing is get in that chat room on game days and interact with the others as the game progresses. Last year was tough, especially in the first 20 games. This year has been almost unbearable. There is always derogatory statements about players, systems and coaching, I get that and am responsible for a very little part of that - its emotional and human nature, But there is a group of posters who, no matter what, always are negative.
The team is not good right now but for cry'in out loud - it lost its best 3 players from last year and arguably, their two top players for the season this year. All you hear is - "its on KO", "he should not see any playing time", "worse team ever" "do they practice>", "fire Miller"..... Once or twice is ok but to say it with every entry gets to be BS
One particular poster blasted RP with every comment and someone pointed out that, after hitting his 4th 3 pointer, that RP had 21 pts this poster says, I'll never say anything negative about RP again!
This team is what it is, we've seen some real bad play - there will most likely be more to come
The new players are getting more playing time than they would ever dream and it cannot bode for anything but positives for next year and beyond.
I know folks will say get real gtcam and I accept this but I don't see everything UConn with rose colored glasses. Being a family season ticket holder since 1965, Ive seen lots of ups and downs but never have heard such pointed barbs and hate as I have this year. Winning and success does breed contempt when things go sour as some say but these are kids. You don't think they understand the history?
Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You guys like the double "in case you haven't noticed "in a sentence. Just wanted to send this in case no one noticed I didn't proofread my post.;)

Ha, I was going to talk about your expectations point there, but realized you didn't actually make the point with that wtf sentence. So I went for the shorter version.

Reaction Score
Mau - I couldn't agree with you more
I will say up front that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion and I respect that BUT, I, as you, am tiring of the KO haters/bashers/doubters, those who love the program and the coaches when things go good but are Debbie Downers when things are not bright.
One thing I used to love doing is get in that chat room on game days and interact with the others as the game progresses. Last year was tough, especially in the first 20 games. This year has been almost unbearable. There is always derogatory statements about players, systems and coaching, I get that and am responsible for a very little part of that - its emotional and human nature, But there is a group of posters who, no matter what, always are negative.
The team is not good right now but for cry'in out loud - it lost its best 3 players from last year and arguably, their two top players for the season this year. All you hear is - "its on KO", "he should not see any playing time", "worse team ever" "do they practice>", "fire Miller"..... Once or twice is ok but to say it with every entry gets to be BS
One particular poster blasted RP with every comment and someone pointed out that, after hitting his 4th 3 pointer, that RP had 21 pts this poster says, I'll never say anything negative about RP again!
This team is what it is, we've seen some real bad play - there will most likely be more to come
The new players are getting more playing time than they would ever dream and it cannot bode for anything but positives for next year and beyond.
I know folks will say get real gtcam and I accept this but I don't see everything UConn with rose colored glasses. Being a family season ticket holder since 1965, Ive seen lots of ups and downs but never have heard such pointed barbs and hate as I have this year. Winning and success does breed contempt when things go sour as some say but these are kids. You don't think they understand the history?
Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine

Couldn't agree more. I live on the West coast and most of the games are on while I'm still at work. Can't stream at work, so I venture to chatroom every now and again......it truly is unbearable how negative people are in there. Most of the time I spend about 10 mins in there before I have to exit before I get in a internet fight with some losers that are suppose to be fans of the same team as me. Very little insight going on in there other than complaining and criticism.

Reaction Score
If we finish in top 3 of AAC and beat OSU, Auburn, Gtown, we're in.....

This is almost certainly not true. If we had beaten all the cupcakes, maybe.

3rd means probably 5 or 6 AAC losses.

If those losses are to the best teams, then we only have 1 or 2 top 50 wins.
If those losses are to middling teams and we beat the better teams, then we have only 3 or 4 top 50 wins and 4 or 5 bad losses.

Reaction Score
How the ACC get 10 bids according to Lunardi. What a joke. Syracuse deserving of a 9 seed? Florida State? Virginia Tech? Miami? Pitt? how do these teams get a pass with such weak resumes right now?

I think Lunardi secretly gets paid by the ACC... no way they deserve 10 bids. Max 6-7

Even DePaul/Seton Hall/Providence more deserving than these teams right now...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is almost certainly not true. If we had beaten all the cupcakes, maybe.

3rd means probably 5 or 6 AAC losses.

If those losses are to the best teams, then we only have 1 or 2 top 50 wins.
If those losses are to middling teams and we beat the better teams, then we have only 3 or 4 top 50 wins and 4 or 5 bad losses.

Which is why it would be great if teams like Houston, SMU, Temple, and Memphis have solid seasons. They've been doing alright.

Reaction Score
ESPN analytics gives us a 3% chance of having a strength of record inside the top 50. No matter how well this team plays the schedule just isn't tough enough when you consider they are highly likely to drop at least a game or 2 they shouldn't. Have to win the AAC tournament to get berth, good thing its in Hartford.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I could not agree more also. Young team, losing 3 from last year. Rebuild it, they will come. Bringing up the top 25 referencing UConn. First of all, It is way too early. Second early loses kind of killed us. No sense crying in your beer. I am taking it one game at a time. Watching these freshman is nothing short of fun. They looked way better in the Cuse game. I see this team melding. The heart and hustle of these players is exciting. I cannot predict what is going to happen the remainder of the year, however, I cannot wait until next year. We must respect free speech but to continue on the same same mistakes or "what if's" for topic is really wasting ink and paper. The only direction for this team is up. Lets wait for them at the top. Enjoy the reality at the moment.

Reaction Score
Baylor as a 1 seed? No friggin way. Every year it seems like Baylor jumps out with some early wins against highly ranked teams and everyone pumps them up. Then they get in conference and Scott Drew becomes Scott Drew and they muddle along to a middle of the pack finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom