This just in: Rutgers = Bad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This just in: Rutgers = Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What about Hayden Rettig? He was set to graduate after the fall, right?

I wouldn't bother. Dude could not win the starting job at Rutgers over two seasons. Think about that. Laviano, if an option, is actually a decent QB. I would talk to him after he graduates if I'm a Uconn Coach.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't bother. Dude could not win the starting job at Rutgers over two seasons. Think about that. Laviano, if an option, is actually a decent QB. I would talk to him after he graduates if I'm a Uconn Coach.

I actually 100% agree with you. I had this side conversation with some friends earlier today. Rettig was the higher rated prospect coming out of high school and obviously came from LSU with a lot of buzz, but they competed against each other and Laviano came out the clear winner. Even after losing the job, Laviano remained as the #2 on the depth chart. Rettig was buried and eventually not even listed.

Reaction Score

I actually 100% agree with you. I had this side conversation with some friends earlier today. Rettig was the higher rated prospect coming out of high school and obviously came from LSU with a lot of buzz, but they competed against each other and Laviano came out the clear winner. Even after losing the job, Laviano remained as the #2 on the depth chart. Rettig was buried and eventually not even listed.

Wasn't there a bunch of noise about a personality/personal clash btwn Rettig and Flood before this year (similar to Kiel and Tuberville)? Clearly Ash wasn't impressed w/ either in the end.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a bunch of noise about a personality/personal clash btwn Rettig and Flood before this year (similar to Kiel and Tuberville)? Clearly Ash wasn't impressed w/ either in the end.

I have no idea about any personality clashes between Rettig and Flood. My commentary was strictly on what my eyes told me. Rettig=Terrible, Laviano=above average. The issue with Ash was that he had some genius notion that he and his OC, the freaking WR Coach from Houston, could install an OSU Style power spread offense in the off season despite the current roster being ill suited for it. When that decision was made they opted for the more mobile Rescignio and the even more mobile Freshman Oden. Laviano, Rettig, and another kid Dare all transferred after the season.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
RU has so few wins I heard that the NCAA Committee on Infractions had to hire special counsel to look into the possibility of sanctioning them by vacating future wins.
Win garnishing. Always the innovators the ole NCAA.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every halfway decent joke in this thread was stepped on. The only surprise is that no one has claimed that Rutgers' issues with the NCAA is going to lead to sanctions for NJIT.

Reaction Score
RU has so few wins I heard that the NCAA Committee on Infractions had to hire special counsel to look into the possibility of sanctioning them by vacating future wins.
Considering Rutgers once went something like 18 years without a winning record by the time they vacate enough it will be current players grandchildren who actually get penalized.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Obligatory Big 10 regrets taking RU over UConn comment. [They don't. It was money grab, that is doing exactly what was intended.]

C

Chief00

So Rutty was humiliated during the regular season on the field in the B1G and now this. Rutty doesn't appear to be a very attractive place to be right now if your are a recruit looking at your options. I think you can rationalize that signing up for UConn football is a better place to be. We are more likely to win and who wants to sign up for weekly poundings by Top 20 programs? Who wants to be the Washington Generals?
Quite frankly, the spin will be just more early playing time.

Reaction Score
Misery loves company. Unfortunately for us our company that continues to embarrass itself is in a significantly better position than we are.

They went 2-8 against a very solid schedule, averaged a 44k attendance (which was viewed as very bad) and in a conference where the FT members are raking in $30M annually. They are certainly in a bad spot, but how many would trade places with them right now regardless of their PR/AD issues compared to where we are currently. That is a very sad thought to try and process....

Very well stated, while many tending to wallow in Rutgers misery can be somewhat understood with the hatred and natural rivalry we can only dream of at this point. With no slander to any of our fans who enjoy bashing The R, I would trade places with them in a heart beat!
Regardless of past records in any sport, win lose or draw they are getting the ching we can only dream of. In today's economic climate it is all that matters. Their light at the end of the tunnel is presently much brighter than ours.
Again they have stuff going on that is laughable but compared to the situation we are in they get the last laugh, sad to say.

Reaction Score
He played at Rutgers for 2009 and 2010. Transferred to Arizona and sat out 2011. Left Arizona When Rich Rod was hired and enrolled at Pitt where he redshirted in 2012. Played one season (2013) for Pitt.

I just learned that today on Wikipedia.

Hahaha I just laughed. Also what a giant do.uche for playing for 3 schools...

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Rutgers is amazing. They can't help but fail. They fail even at cheating. Like a down on their luck Charlie Bucket getting the Golden Ticket in their Wonka Bar, all of Rutgers problems were about to be over. They would tour the factory and then be handed the keys to the kingdom by a grinning Willy Wonka. That said when the day came to visit the Chocolate Factory they proceeded to piss their pants, nearly choked to death on a stolen Gobstopper and burned the factory to the ground while smoking a J with an Oompa Loompa behind a giant candy mushroom. Failure is truly in their blood.
I can't like this enough. You made my day.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's like watching a dot com go bust and then still get bought for billions because of a gross misunderstanding wrapped in a mystery.

ice.com never solved that melting problem.

Reaction Score
Very well stated, while many tending to wallow in Rutgers misery can be somewhat understood with the hatred and natural rivalry we can only dream of at this point. With no slander to any of our fans who enjoy bashing The R, I would trade places with them in a heart beat!
Regardless of past records in any sport, win lose or draw they are getting the ching we can only dream of. In today's economic climate it is all that matters. Their light at the end of the tunnel is presently much brighter than ours.
Again they have stuff going on that is laughable but compared to the situation we are in they get the last laugh, sad to say.

I would not trade places with Rutgers. Their problems go well beyond money.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He played at Rutgers for 2009 and 2010. Transferred to Arizona and sat out 2011. Left Arizona When Rich Rod was hired and enrolled at Pitt where he redshirted in 2012. Played one season (2013) for Pitt.

I just learned that today on Wikipedia.

No recall of Savage at Rutty, but he was pretty good for Pitt. UConn should be so lucky to get a 5th year transfer of that caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom