This is how a coach embraces a program legend | The Boneyard

This is how a coach embraces a program legend

Reaction Score
I love UConn men's basketball. Can't wait to hear our name mentioned as a premier program again. Pretty cool when I watch games from the past and see a single digit next to our name. Great that DH includes JC. Only an idiot would not. But I won't go there.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I love UConn men's basketball. Can't wait to hear our name mentioned as a premier program again. Pretty cool when I watch games from the past and see a single digit next to our name. Great that DH includes JC. Only an idiot would not. But I won't go there.
you'd see a single digit next to our name for the first 10 minutes of most games in the KO era!

Reaction Score
you'd see a single digit next to our name for the first 10 minutes of most games in the KO era!
1591297534090.png

Reaction Score
What ever do you mean? :rolleyes: :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmm, possible new lock screen? Or do I just put it up in the background and then take a picture to prove I had a zoom meeting with the team?

1591307391451.png

Reaction Score
inject more of this into my veins...Hurley is quietly buidling a powerhouse program. The guy is such an underrated coach, but in 2-3 years I think outsiders will start to realize that he is the real deal. You can't "fake" what he is doing. I just hope we can keep this guy for another 25 years.

Reaction Score
It remains a mystery why Kevin Oliie moved away for the man who groomed him to become his successor. Coach Calhoun did everything to put KO in his chair. And when KO got there, he pushed JC away. It defies explanation.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Another UConn legend joins the zoom chat...

If you like this image and the one with the coaches, then definitely read two nearby related posts: one is on Hurley's stance that it's about more than basketball, and the other is Caron in no uncertain terms.
This IS UConn.

Reaction Score
1st row: all staff members - Eric Youncofski, Tripp Doherty, Taliek Brown, Tom Moore, Kenya Hunter
2nd row: Dan Hurley, Caron Butler, Andre Jackson, Richie Springs, Tyler Polley
3rd row: Matt Garry, Isaiah Whaley, Josh Carlton, RJ Cole, May Johnson (grad assistant)
4th row: Akok Akok, Javonte Brown-Ferguson, Kimani Young, Tyrese Martin, James Bouknight
5th row: Jalen Gaffney, Brendan Adams

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It remains a mystery why Kevin Oliie moved away for the man who groomed him to become his successor. Coach Calhoun did everything to put KO in his chair. And when KO got there, he pushed JC away. It defies explanation.
Most of you will never know but it wasn't all on Kevin. Could he have handled certain situations better? Yes and he understands. If you know JC, you know he digs in and rarely gives an inch, this is a great attribute in many cases but sometimes it's not always the best approach.
It's time to put this discussion to bed and let those directly involved work things out - it will happen.

Reaction Score
Hubris (/ˈhjuːbrɪs/, from ancient Greek ὕβρις) describes a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous overconfidence,[1] often in combination with (or synonymous with) arrogance.[2] In its ancient Greek context, it typically describes behavior that defies the norms of behavior or challenges the gods which, in turn, brings about the downfall of the perpetrator of hubris.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Caron and JC leading the way back to opening up positive and constructive communication.. Awesome to see.. Other former players will follow.. Interesting to note that Taliek and Tom Moore connect DH's teams back to JC's teams/players.. I'm sure DH/staff appreciate them facilitating the dialogue when possible.. Caron has tremendous charisma and intelligence and I'm sure the team was "all ears" during his talk.. He is a natural leader.. Part of his DNA..Feels like its the beginning of some necessary healing among the UConn family..All good!

Reaction Score
Most of you will never know but it wasn't all on Kevin. Could he have handled certain situations better? Yes and he understands. If you know JC, you know he digs in and rarely gives an inch, this is a great attribute in many cases but sometimes it's not always the best approach.
It's time to put this discussion to bed and let those directly involved work things out - it will happen.
Yep, that time is past and Hurley looks like a great hire. But I still wonder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom