This is a good team!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This is a good team!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Think it will be a while longer and that much longer with a loss along the way. UConn's schedule has been very weak. They also were taking off huge chunks of time between games (unlucky or stupid). And, UConn has been out of the sports world's stream of consciousness due to their "valiant" willingness to be one of only three FBS programs to decline to participate in college football. Their decision was not viewed as taking a stand against Covid and the protection of student athletes but rather subjected UConn to national ridicule. And then, there was no mention of UConn in the sporting world. The result? UConn will have to rebuild it's reputation - make people remember that they have won 4 national championships.
I'm always amazed that there are people in the world who take the time to write something this unrelentingly stupid, actually believe in their feeble minds that they're making an intelligent point, and then decide the rest of us just have to have a chance to read it.

Reaction Score
I agree this is a good team, but I can’t get over the fact that opposing teams seem to miss the rotation dagger this year when they somehow made it the past 5 years. I’m not really sure what it is, maybe the wrong guy is taking the shot now cause the D is closing on the key shooters as a priority?

Our double on the post has been great but it’s led to open shots in all the games. I’m so conditioned to teams burying the open three off that rotation and it’s like some random mojo has them missing the shots where it always burned is in the past.

Anyone else feel this way?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I actually think we played better today than we would have with him. It forced other guys to step up instead of waiting for the star to make plays before the shot clock runs out.
I don't think for one minute that you want them to play without Bouk for any extended period, BUT I agree that at times it is refreshing to see this. The good thing is that this team knows it can be successful without its leading scorer and yes, sometimes an injury brings out the best in others that may never have come to the forefront. This will make everyone better and I will bet Bouk looks at it this way. They will still look to Bouk for his talents on the court are undeniable.
Anyone who disagrees should see the game and its components from other angles

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm always amazed that there are people in the world who take the time to write something this unrelentingly stupid, actually believe in their feeble minds that they're making an intelligent point, and then decide the rest of us just have to have a chance to read it.
He's looking at things mostly through the lens of a football fan so I can understand his emotion behind it. I don't agree 100% but I also don't feel as strongly as you do. Unrelentingly stupid and feeble minded? That's absurd.
BTW - some will think the Go B1G or go home is a bit ridiculous but that's your thinking and I can appreciate that.
I think the NBE for basketball and soccer and indy football is just fine right now, however I feel for the baseball program

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Handle/Post
I think "Post/Handle" rolls off the tongue more poetically, but otherwise, exactly.

I additionally love how yesterday, a comment that charged you with bloviating got shouted down. And now today, with nearly pitch perfect brevity, you baffled a wordy poster, while others did the heavy lifting and fleshed out the deficiencies of his post, while proving out your observation, which would have been solid whether you agreed with him or not.

Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Nobody and I mean nobody involved in college basketball and who is involved with ranking teams cares at all about UConn football. What a ridiculous take.

To think that is the case and to think UConn football keeps UConn in the sports world's stream of consciousness is as delusional as it gets.
I remember thinking about UConn football just once in a positive frame of mind. “ Oh cool they made it to the Fiesta Bowl, I hope Oklahoma doesn’t run up the score and embarrass us but that’s cool”. I then spent the last decade wishing we never had a Div 1 team to embarrass our state and kill our basketball team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom