This hard to buy a football jersey? | The Boneyard

This hard to buy a football jersey?

Reaction Score
Feel free to delete if not allowed. Trying to buy a uconn football jersey and all I can find is the #1 jersey? Am I missing something? Have looked on every website I could think of.

Only non #1 jerseys are on ebay. Anywhere else to buy? Or should I head to the co op?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pre-NIL, schools stopped selling player related jerseys. For awhile they sold #1, the #for the current season, #18 (rarely worn by star players) or numbers of past players whom they could agree on a license.

Now with NIL, schools need to pay to use a players number. So #1 is all you get for the moment at UConn. Other schools eill have slightly more selection.

Gone are the days of selling the QB, RB, and star recruits numbers unless you give them a cut. Even then they will likely have the names on there to avoid future claims.

Reaction Score
Dang. Guess ill look at the ebay route if not I will be a sorry sap with a # 1 jersey

Reaction Score
My gripe on the Co-Op sale practices is that they don't plan ahead for anticipated sales. Example-1st game in October is the Breast Cancer awareness game. Last season, the only pink colored item at any kiosk was a quarter zip ladies sweatshirt sold at the trailer behind the jumbotron: no tees, no baseball caps, nothing else. They would have had a ton of sales if only they thought ahead.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At every major college sport you are going to see this
THANKS NIL

Reaction Score
Feel free to delete if not allowed. Trying to buy a uconn football jersey and all I can find is the #1 jersey? Am I missing something? Have looked on every website I could think of.

Only non #1 jerseys are on ebay. Anywhere else to buy? Or should I head to the co op?
I was at the co op yesterday looking for some football stuff. Forget it. The only thing I found was a football hat. I was looking for a couple new flags, the ones you clip into your widows on your car, not a single one. Anyone know where I can find those?

Reaction Score

Go to www.huskiesgearshop.com and find your player and buy your merch.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Some Chinese websites will sell you custom ones

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One of our local high schools had a sponsorship from a GI doctor. Every time the home team crosses over midfield, the announcer said something along the lines of "The Dolphins have crossed over the 50 yard line...and when you cross over 50 years old you should schedule a colonoscopy with Dr. XXXXX".

Great stuff.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
One of our local high schools had a sponsorship from a GI doctor. Every time the home team crosses over midfield, the announcer said something along the lines of "The Dolphins have crossed over the 50 yard line...and when you cross over 50 years old you should schedule a colonoscopy with Dr. XXXXX".

Great stuff.
Lol! I don’t know whether that post would be better if it’s true, or if you made it up. Either way it is hysterical!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lol! I don’t know whether that post would be better if it’s true, or if you made it up. Either way it is hysterical!

Not only was it true, a good friend of mine is a GI doctor and his son played on our team.
We were in the stands and when his wife heard the PA, she slapped him on the shoulder and asked why doesn't he think of stuff like that.
All in good nature.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not only was it true, a good friend of mine is a GI doctor and his son played on our team.
We were in the stands and when his wife heard the PA, she slapped him on the shoulder and asked why doesn't he think of stuff like that.
All in good nature.
That’s probably better than the original plan which was a red zone ad. “The Dolphins are working to stick it in the end zone and speaking of sticking it in the end zone…”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That’s probably better than the original plan which was a red zone ad. “The Dolphins are working to stick it in the end zone and speaking of sticking it in the end zone…”

I was relieved to read you kept it with end zone. Thought you were going to go the route of a OB/GYN and the red zone.

Reaction Score
What is the co op?
I'm hoping that was a satiric question, but in case you are actually in the dark, The Co-Op is the name used in the 80's-90's for the on campus bookstore located on the opposite side of the street from Gampel Pavilion. It has gone through many incarnations & names (University Bookstore, Co-Op, etc.) over the ages. It is the official on campus, RENT, X-L Center supplier of licensed UCONN merchandise.
AND, as I previously stated, its sales & marketing severely lacks imagination & forethought.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I was at the co op yesterday looking for some football stuff. Forget it. The only thing I found was a football hat. I was looking for a couple new flags, the ones you clip into your widows on your car, not a single one. Anyone know where I can find those?
There's a clip on somewhere in the streets of Detroit which blew off my rental at the Motor City Bowl.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that was a satiric question, but in case you are actually in the dark, The Co-Op is the name used in the 80's-90's for the on campus bookstore located on the opposite side of the street from Gampel Pavilion. It has gone through many incarnations & names (University Bookstore, Co-Op, etc.) over the ages. It is the official on campus, RENT, X-L Center supplier of licensed UCONN merchandise.
AND, as I previously stated, its sales & marketing severely lacks imagination & forethought.
Unfortunately..... I was completely in the dark. I just call it the bookstore. Was hoping (wishful thinking) there was some other UCONN merchandise store that had better options and gear than the extremely poor co op/bookstore. Thank you for clarity couldn't agree more with your diagnosis of UCONN merchandise

Reaction Score
Going off this...I know athletes will soon be able to use UCONN logos and likeness for NIL. Does think also open the usage to UCONN non-athlete students as well? I have always thought art students/graphic design/whoever students could do a way better job creating gear. Just a thought

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately..... I was completely in the dark. I just call it the bookstore. Was hoping (wishful thinking) there was some other UCONN merchandise store that had better options and gear than the extremely poor co op/bookstore. Thank you for clarity couldn't agree more with your diagnosis of UCONN merchandise

Bite your tongue. The Co-op was great.

Mainly because we didn't know any better, but you could get mountains of UConn swag, Kieso & Weigandt Acct. 201/202 textbook (every accounting grad I know still has theirs),, a graphing calculator, and Ramen noodles all under the same roof. There were no Wal-marts around and the Internet, let alone Amazon, didn't exist in its current form in the late 90s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom