This freshman will DOMINATE Womens Basketball! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This freshman will DOMINATE Womens Basketball!

Reaction Score
Few things in WCBB shock me. Watkins going to USC did. No one had any idea which way she was leaning as there was zero news leaked from her camp before her reveal.

I had her going to either SC or UCLA. Few players as high profile as she is are staying home. I wonder if she’ll be able to pull other top-ranked players to Troy. USC WBB has been a second-tier team in the PAC 12 for decades.
Ashlyn Watkins?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins?
Judea “Juju” Watkins. The number 1 ranked player in the 2023 class. She is the only Watkins I’m referring to.

Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins?

As Carnac said, it’s Juju WTkins, whom we recruited heavily. She visited us, Stanford, And SoCal. In the end, she code her hometown school. Just as our Ashlynn Watkins did.

Her agent is our alum, Jade Li English (daughter of Alex), of Klutch Sports. Juju is the first female high schooler Klutch has ever represented and she is hooked in to a number of LA pro sports figures. Her NIL potential is considered huge.

She did a Nike commercial with Lebron two weeks after signing with SoCal

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The PAC 12 will be interesting this last year of existence. SoCal only plays Stanford 1 time this year at Stanford. I am curious how the standings will play out as I think as a whole, the conference is weaker this year than it has been in the past few so the opportunity for Juju to excel is open. The PAC 12 has a lot of talented underclassmen littered across the conference who will all have opportunities to show their skills, so while it might not be elite play, it should be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The PAC 12 will be interesting this last year of existence. SoCal only plays Stanford 1 time this year at Stanford. I am curious how the standings will play out as I think as a whole, the conference is weaker this year than it has been in the past few so the opportunity for Juju to excel is open. The PAC 12 has a lot of talented underclassmen littered across the conference who will all have opportunities to show their skills, so while it might not be elite play, it should be fun to watch.
@DefenseBB, great to see you post! Not sure what to make of the PAC-122 WBB conference this year--I think 4+ teams are capable of winning the conference and/or the Conference Tournament. There will be some high quality teams in the PAC that I believe can play with any team in NCAA. I think UCONN, LSU are at the top of the heap going into the season, but we know that there is more parity than ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom