This board is Unreadable | The Boneyard

This board is Unreadable

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This board is literally unreadable right now. UConn lost a close game to a good team with one of UConn's starters out and another starter playing his first game since November 26. UConn is maybe a Top 20 team on its good days, and missing one starter and just getting another starter back means this was unlikely to be one of our good days. If you don't recognize that, then you are too stupid to post about UConn basketball. There is a difference between being critical and what is happening on the board right now. There are threads shredding backups that are up to 30+ posts. A lot of you really need to take a break from the Internet.

Overreacting to a win over a marginal mid-major like St. Bonaventure (that was missing its best player) was ridiculous. Overreacting to a loss over a good conference opponent is also ridiculous. Nothing that happened today was new, and the same posters losing their spit right now were trashing anyone who was even mildly critical of Hurley at the beginning of the season. Hurley has issues, but he is still a decent coach. Polley, Whaley, Gaffney and Cole are not perfect, but they are the team we have. If you want perfection, then you need another team to root for. Otherwise, chill.

Reaction Score
This board is literally unreadable right now. UConn lost a close game to a good team with one of UConn's starters out and another starter playing his first game since November 26. UConn is maybe a Top 20 team on its good days, and missing one starter and just getting another starter back means this was unlikely to be one of our good days. If you don't recognize that, then you are too stupid to post about UConn basketball. There is a difference between being critical and what is happening on the board right now. There are threads shredding backups that are up to 30+ posts. A lot of you really need to take a break from the Internet.

Overreacting to a win over a marginal mid-major like St. Bonaventure (that was missing its best player) was ridiculous. Overreacting to a loss over a good conference opponent is also ridiculous. Nothing that happened today was new, and the same posters losing their spit right now were trashing anyone who was even mildly critical of Hurley at the beginning of the season. Hurley has issues, but he is still a decent coach. Polley, Whaley, Gaffney and Cole are not perfect, but they are the team we have. If you want perfection, then you need another team to root for. Otherwise, chill.
When this board relies on Nelson to be the voice of sanity — no more need be said.

Reaction Score

Perfection? Hardly. How about improvement on the offensive end? Too much to ask to ask? Maybe for you?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They aren’t a good team. When we scrape by Grambling and UMES and other bottom of the barrel teams and people are content with that, we lose games to west va and PC. Teams we should beat and our issues never get fixed

Reaction Score
From the the guy that starts threads titled "This is on the coach" after losses. And yes, this time I realize it's an old thread. Doesn't not make it hilarious how you accuse others of doing the same thing you do after losses.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
From the the guy that starts threads titled "This is on the coach" after losses. And yes, this time I realize it's an old thread this time. Doesn't not make it hilarious how you accuse others of doing the same the you do after losses.

When you have dug yourself into a hole, the best move is to stop digging.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Reaction Score

Ez. Providence isn’t that good. Watson did nothing and if it wasn’t for reeves , we wudda won by 10—- and we played horrible!!! U can’t lose a game like this— 7.5 faves at home, crowd rocking , supporting the team. We were down a steady 10-15 for most of second half. Yer Deff looking at it glass half full. 3/4 full at that. Bad loss. No way around it. It Wasn’t like we lost a Nip and tuck great game at the buzzer. This was the game to win. No way around it. No sanogo or not. If Tyrese didn’t play, we still shudda won. Your reeeeaaaalll overly positive. Stop

Reaction Score
Thank u. I can be an ass but Im not a phoney.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson, what do you think our BE record will be?

You tell me when we get Sanogo back and Martin at 100%, and I will tell you what the BE record will be.

I said that this team is one of the worst teams in the Big East without Martin and Sanogo. My opinion has not changed at all.

Reaction Score

Losing a home game in this league is huge .
Just no way to sugar coat that. I wish I could. Can we overcome it , of course we can but starting in a hole hurts.

Reaction Score
You tell me when we get Sanogo back and Martin at 100%, and I will tell you what the BE record will be.

I said that this team is one of the worst teams in the Big East without Martin and Sanogo. My opinion has not changed at all.
No team has control of injuries. Answer the question.

Reaction Score
This board is always half unreadable. That's what fanatics do. Injuries, bad shooting nights, whatever. Every team has them. The only thing that matters is the final score so losing at home on a yuge opening night to pc is reason to blow a gasket. And to be worried.

Reaction Score
This board is always half unreadable. That's what fanatics do. Injuries, bad shooting nights, whatever. Every team has them. The only thing that matters is the final score so losing at home on a yuge opening night to pc is reason to blow a gasket. And to be worried.
I was there and what i saw was very concerning and im almost always a glass half full guy.

Reaction Score
If Nelson is the voice of reason maybe the board has gone too far lol.

Reaction Score
To down play how bad our offense was is ridiculous. Even if you are a fan you have to realize that an offense like that is getting us no where. I'm not ready to hang Danny boy, but he has to do a better job of adjusting and mixing it up when things aren't going our way. Bring some players in there haven't planned extensively for. Notice what is working and do more of it (attacking the hoop). So much could have been done different. Providence didn't best us, we beat ourselves.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Nelson I hate your Carlton take you know this but you also know that this board has no idea what it’s watching when it comes to basketball day to day… so this is to be expected. Many on this board thought we could hang with the likes of Baylor, Duke and the Zags.

Reaction Score
Yep. Lets be cool with scraping out 53 points in 2/3 games. Let’s be cool with not getting a basket in 8 1/2 minutes. Let’s be cool with literally showing no progress in our half court offense for 3+ years. Sorry, when Sanogo is back and against actual non-mediocre competition, we’re still gonna struggle to get 60 points. That’s just a fact. And it comes from absolutely no penetration on offense. If they had a stat for it, i’d wager we’re in the bottom 10% in drives per game. We have Cole and Gaff dribble the ball for 20 seconds at the top of the key then chuck up a contested 3 in half of our possessions for gods sake. But yeah, we’re all good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom