This Article Has Meat on the Bones | The Boneyard

This Article Has Meat on the Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
At UConn it is all about the process and not winning streaks

The two most memorable moments of practice came courtesy of highly talented freshman Crystal Dangerfield. Dangerfield was wide open about 15-18 feet from the basket and quickly dished the ball to Samuelson in the corner. I don't even recall if the Huskies scored on that possession but I do remember Auriemma stopping practice for a second to make it clear to Dangerfield and everybody else on the team that not even looking at the basket in that situation was unacceptable and he wouldn't have recruited the players he did if he thought they couldn't make that shot.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
You're right there's a lot here. Thanks for sharing I think I'll read it again.

Reaction Score
Great! my fav:
Many of the teams UConn will be vying with to win the national championship have already played UConn and lost. They will be using their tough conference games and practice time to put themselves in position to turn the tables if they meet in the NCAA tournament. If UConn doesn't improve as well, all the accomplishments during the wins over seven ranked teams will be irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Solid article with a different perspective on some stuff. Thanks for posting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the other paragraph about Crystal:

The next time Dangerfield was in that situation, she took the shot and hit nothing by net. Later on Dangerfield was rushing up the floor and was being guarded by intern Chloe Pavlech, a very solid point guard during her days at Maryland. Dangerfield faked one way, went the other and Pavlech lost her footing. While she didn't completely fall to the ground, the players on the court began to crack up laughing. It was certainly not the first time they have seen Dangerfield's ball-handling prowess leave a defender struggling to remain on their feet.

Note that Crystal didn't need to be told twice to take the shot.

Crystal broke the ankles of the Grad Assistant, who, as Jim notes, was a pretty good player over 2012-16. It's interesting to note that Chloe participates in scrimmages/practices at least occasionally.

Reaction Score
Great! my fav:
Many of the teams UConn will be vying with to win the national championship have already played UConn and lost. They will be using their tough conference games and practice time to put themselves in position to turn the tables if they meet in the NCAA tournament. If UConn doesn't improve as well, all the accomplishments during the wins over seven ranked teams will be irrelevant.
Before I read your post, I had copied this exact quote from the article. The rest of the pre-tournament season in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom