Things we need to discuss in the offseason | The Boneyard

Things we need to discuss in the offseason

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) What does UConn need to do to catch Providence? Maybe the Providence posters on this board can provide some ideas.

2) What is a realistic annual win total for Syracuse going forward? 10?

3) Is it possible for Calipari to continue to suck on the same stratospheric level of terribleness he has maintained for the past 10 years?

4) How long will BCU be able to maintain their dominance of New England college athletics?

5) How many MAAC transfers will it take to return St. Johns to glory?

6) How long will it take Duke to have 3 coaches win national championship? 50 years? 100?

Please feel free to add to the list.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How can we maximize NIL for our players? While Hurley says we won despite NIL, we need to do out part for our athletes in the future so the program isn't at a disadvantage.

Reaction Score
Does our Athletic Department have a plan to capitalize on this great achievement?
Probably raise ticket prices
Laugh GIF

Reaction Score
I for one am proud to be on this list with Syracuse

So much conference realignment during the last 25 years that wins by a conference are different than wins by teams now in a conference, but look at how different the last 24 basketball championships are different than football based on current conferences only:

ACC: 9
Big East: 7
SEC: 3
Big XII: 3
Big Ten: 2
Pac Ten: 0
Everyone else: 0

So the Power 2 in football, in hoops, even giving them credit for UCLA/USC/Oklahoma/UT, have won 5 of the last 24 championships. Proving that, to date, massive gobs of money generated by football is being used primarily for football, and is not buying a dominance in hoops. Will that change? If I knew that for sure I’d buy a supercomputer and move to Vegas instead of posting while I ingest morning caffeine on my way to work for a living.

Reaction Score
So much conference realignment during the last 25 years that wins by a conference are different than wins by teams now in a conference, but look at how different the last 24 basketball championships are different than football based on current conferences only:

ACC: 9
Big East: 7
SEC: 3
Big XII: 3
Big Ten: 2
Pac Ten: 0
Everyone else: 0

So the Power 2 in football, in hoops, even giving them credit for UCLA/USC/Oklahoma/UT, have won 5 of the last 24 championships. Proving that, to date, massive gobs of money generated by football is being used primarily for football, and is not buying a dominance in hoops. Will that change? If I knew that for sure I’d buy a supercomputer and move to Vegas instead of posting while I ingest morning caffeine on my way to work for a living.

Just one small tweak:
AAC - 1. 2014. I get it, I think of us as in the BE then also still…

Reaction Score
“Sampson” Johnson playing like the 2/3 (I feel like I read that somewhere last year.

One I guess a lot of us (me included) we don’t have any guards that can blow by people!!! Glad to put that one to bed! Tristen was awesome last night!

When u think about it Hurley has this program firing on all cylinders, depth for days and a plan for recruiting and the portal. He can be choosy and has been increasingly so, if guys don’t love the game or want to work he can find better fits.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
How can we maximize NIL for our players? While Hurley says we won despite NIL, we need to do out part for our athletes in the future so the program isn't at a disadvantage.
Good point. It is part of the Program so we do need to excel at it. This university has an enormously successful alumni base. University needs to tap into some of that expertise as well as other business entities and individuals in this state and beyond. It seems like this is the beginning of a new era. DH made a wonderful turnaround in mid-season and the unselfishness demonstrated by everyone connected has just been flat out wonderful. So proud of this team from top to bottom and future looks so bright keeping this in mind. I so much enjoyed all the commentators suddenly starting to get what this team is about. You have to see them and experience them to appreciate them!

Reaction Score
I want to be at gampel when the team arrives…is that going to be possible ? I would imagine it’s going to be packed…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom