Things we hate | The Boneyard

Things we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I figured it being the off season and this being the boneyard where hate is rampant we could discuss some things we hate.

I'll start.

I hate when ninjas use the auto sensing urinal before me. It never sees them and I have to deal with a bowl full of fresh ninja urine when I really have to go.

What do you hate?

Reaction Score
What do I hate??? I hate the fact that we're not in the Sweet 16 and we need threads like this to occupy our time... ;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Poor spelling. Kills me every time.

"Boatright and Lamb have complimentary [sic] skills."

"I have been waiting with baited [sic] breath for Blaney to call a timeout."

"We are going to loose [sic] this game if our big guys don't box out better."

Reaction Score

"Boatright and Lamb have complimentary [sic] skills."

"I have been waiting with baited [sic] breath for Blaney to call a timeout."

"We are going to loose [sic] this game if our big guys don't box out better."
Yeah, Boatright and Lamb are good at giving compliments. "My, you look nice today coach." that sort of thing.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
People who become oblivious to the world around them when they put a cell phone to their head.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I hate people who come here to unload their frustrations on one of our players and then become instantly offended when they find themselves taking flack.

I don't like Chad Ford. I think he's lazy and careless and the end result of his laziness is that some kids get the wrong idea about their prospects. I also think he is a complete fraud.

I don't like people who are slow and have large asses and feel the need to line up at the front of road races even though they intend on walking the whole thing with a large-assed friend. They always seem surprised when they get run over.

Similarly, I dislike people who randomly swerve during bike races. I have seen more $5000 piles of carbon splinters created by someone making a left turn on a straight road.

I don't like airlines. Specifically, I hate having to buy plane tickets. I always find it hard to believe that taking a plane from point A to point B could have such wildly varying prices depending on whose plane you take.

I hate that my office building is not on FourSquare so I will never overtake my brother in points.

I hate how the people in my office refuse to use the messaging software or the message sheets that I bought them. I still get post-its with phone numbers stuck to the screen of my computer when I'm out.

I guess I hate Post-its.

I don't like profanity filters. They're more childish than profanity.

I don't like the word 'folks'. People who use the word "folks" to start a sentence think they're actually about to tell you something important. They never do.

I don't like people who think that an alternate merge is a competition. Those people are douches and they cause almost every traffic jam in the western hemisphere. I should like to taser them in front of their kids.

I don't like people who honk at old people. Never honk at old people. If you do, one of two things will happen - the old person will mash down their throttle and hit a school or they will jam on their brakes and someone will hit them. Old people are ill-equipped to deal with honking. Don't honk at old people.

Reaction Score

Oh and good list Fishy, odd thing I also hate that your building is not on foursquare.

Edit: I hate when people start a sentence by announcing they don't want to do the very thing their sentence will do. As an example: I don't mean to be an , but...(fill in some sentence).
Or one of my favorites: I'm not a racist, but ...

Reaction Score
I hate the Academic Performance Rate. I hate that the NCAA doesn't trust institutions of higher learning to determine how to educate their students themselves. I hate that the APR model is the same for all sports, even though it doesn't make sense for men's basketball. I hate that the reasons for losing APR points often have nothing to do with academics. I hate that schools are now being punished if a player wants to transfer because he's homesick, his grandmother is dying, or he wants more playing time. I hate that the national media and rival fan bases can so easily assume that Uconn's poor APR equates to "not caring about education," just because the "A" in APR stands for "academic."

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I hate finding a grey pubic hair, especially in restaurant food.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hate getting my pocket picked at urinals. It's happened to me twice, once at O'Hare Airport in Chicago and then again at DFW.

I also hate pasta

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I don't like Chad Ford. I think he's lazy and careless and the end result of his laziness is that some kids get the wrong idea about their prospects. I also think he is a complete fraud.

Interesting perspective. I alwasy viewed Chad Ford's commentary as a compilation/aggregate of inside information from GMs/player personnel representatives, agents, and second-hand sources.

Is there a particular player(s)/incident(s) you have in mind vis-a-vis the "fraud" comment?

caw

Reaction Score
Interesting perspective. I alwasy viewed Chad Ford's commentary as a compilation/aggregate of inside information from GMs/player personnel representatives, agents, and second-hand sources.

Is there a particular player(s)/incident(s) you have in mind vis-a-vis the "fraud" comment?

He has about 60 players going in the first round...

Reaction Score
I hate it when I have to take a dump in the middle of teaching a class. Really makes things uncomfortable.

I hate health insurance companies, or at least their employees who don't know how to read a claim and need me to waste 15 minutes of my day teaching them how to read over the phone. For that matter, I guess I hate the morons who hire the morons who cannot read, and the next moron above that moron for hiring said moron, and so forth...so I guess I just hate health insurance companies (not to be confused with insurance itself).

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I think Chad just outed himself as CamrnCrz1974.

Reaction Score
I hate Ferengi. Romulans are alright though.

I hate the fact that they killed off Shane in The Walking Dead. I also hate the fact that the kid who plays "Carl" can't act.

I hate America's educational system. I swear I've been stuck in school for centuries, wasting time and money, and I have yet to learn anything. How is learning about an Australopithecus garhi going to help me in the business world?

I hate that Rush apologized for his Sandra Fluke comments.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hate getting routed to the Philippines for customer service calls. It used to be India, which actually wasn't too bad, because most of the time the people who answered were actually able to provide, you know, customer service and help solve whatever my issue was. It seems maybe they did too good of a job, because now it is all going to the Philippines, and I can't remember the last time it was India. I've now had customer service calls routed to the Philippines many times in the past few years, and never once has the person who answered been able to provide even the slightest bit of assistance--not even a phone number or a connection to someone who can actually help. It is like the black hole of customer service and there is no way out.

I don't hate many things, but I really hate this.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I hate when these mouth breathers at work don't know how to do basic tasks on a computer that my 10 year old can do, and then blame it on the computer or network or printer being broken.

OR
When people say the network is slow and I find out that it is a non work related YouTube video they are using as the benchmark.

( yes I'm in IT)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
jerk-driver.jpg

Reaction Score
I hate Kentucky, even though I want them to win because I'm pretty sure they'll get their championship taken away for some violation. Then coach Cal will skip town again and cheat somewhere else.

Reaction Score
I hate every time I turn on to watch a TV show its during commercials.

I hate 15 minutes waiting in line to check out, and another register opens up right when I'm about to be next.

I hate walking into a store that's empty and when I check out 10 people come out of nowhere and are in line before me.

I hate going to Starbucks to order a simple black coffee but have to wait 10 minutes while people order special concoctions more suited for a christmas party drink.

I hate having a 100 channels on my cable but having nothing to watch.

I hate getting into the shower and then soon after having to pee, thus jumping out to use the toilet and jumping back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom