Things one wants to say to Sir Charles | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Things one wants to say to Sir Charles

Reaction Score
I'd rather have Shaq in the studio than Sir Charles. Shaq can provide comic relief and also better insight.

Reaction Score
Can someone remind me of how his 3rd and 4th weren’t his 4th and 5th foul? I mean first play of the game was his first and the ref below the basket absolutely ignored it. Alley oop to AJ he walked right under him and nothing was called.

Timme only flexed once ‘nuff said!
He looked intimidated from tip but tried to put on a brave front but you could see it. He traveled a couple times, didnt attack as soon as he got it and the fouls were terrible.

Reaction Score
Barkley is not a college hoops expert. But he's sitting at a desk with 3 others that are. He's there for his sometime brutal and often entertaining honesy, saying what others won't. His rant on politicians getting involved with NILs was tremendous. His not being afraid to be bold and at the same time wrong is refreshing.
He’s very good at being wrong, I’ll give him that

Reaction Score
"Same again."

barkley.JPG

Reaction Score
He has an opinion. Lol. I like Charles, knows hoops, enjoys the college game. I just think it’s weird that the doesn’t do college during the year.

And, his opinions are stronger than most college media. He isn’t afraid to be wrong.
He never admit’s he’s wrong, just makes excuses …but even worse, he doesn’t know several of the kids he’s talking about. He gets their names wrong, mispronounces them- how difficult is it to do a little pregame prep?

Reaction Score
Sport’s analysis is so boring so any comedy relief provided by anyone is a gift from the Gods. Even his extra efforts with some words (which seems like a speech issue) is entertaining. They are talking about grown men and women playing games so what is least required is sobering tones and decorum.

Reaction Score
Good segment on Charles on 60 minutes last night. I’m a big fan even if I don’t agree with him. TV is better with him on it.
It was good and shows what a straight up guy Charles is.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is that he consistently comes out unimpressed with UConn. Bilas, who I consider a big UConn backer, came out against them in 2014 and picked the opposing team all 6 times. Charles has done it 4 tournies in a row.

I guarantee he picks Texas/Miami over UConn, though if UConn wins and makes the championship, he'll take UConn.
I knew he would pick against UConn

Reaction Score
I think Barkley is a closet UConn fan, it's why he always picks against them right before the games.
Interesting take……or maybe he just likes looking like a buffoon on National TV?? Either way I hope he keeps it up his record is darn near perfect!

Reaction Score
I think Barkley is a closet UConn fan, it's why he always picks against them right before the games.
He is trying to help motivate UConn and build complacency in our opponents. Well done Charles!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's just a little subterfuge
B M.PNG

Reaction Score

Listen to how tormented and conflicted Barkley sounds when he gives his prediction for the final game. It's hysterical actually. Like he's thinking, "I want to be a troll and pick against UConn, buuttttt, do I really want to completely give up every last ounce of reputation as a basketball analyst for it? Nah"

Reaction Score
No idea why he is on these shows. He and Smith are not expert analysts and they are not well versed on the NCAA game. Pretty much they are clueless. I mean they could put anyone else up there but they apparently gave their whole budget to Wright who is good. Also Johnson is another example I guess they could change him with someone anyone really. Thank goodness we finally get Nance in our next game although the in game call is much better than the studio show. Barkley breaking down a college game is pretty bad tv for a true fan of the collegiate game. It is imo so much better than the nba product. Because you already know among two or three teams that will be the nba champ. And it will be about the player, Giannis, Tatum, Leonard etc…. The college game is the game I fell in love with as a kid. A true team sport. UConn puts together the sum of its parts and the team that has created has been pretty spectacular to watch. I mean they made Gonzaga look bad and they are not a bad team.
I agree but then it does make me feel better about my own inexperienced game analysis. On the other hand he makes me laugh; the best medicine.

Reaction Score
Good segment on Charles on 60 minutes last night. I’m a big fan even if I don’t agree with him. TV is better with him on it.
Was it mom or grandma monitoring the poker games with gun on hip?

Reaction Score

Listen to how tormented and conflicted Barkley sounds when he gives his prediction for the final game. It's hysterical actually. Like he's thinking, "I want to be a troll and pick against UConn, buuttttt, do I really want to completely give up every last ounce of reputation as a basketball analyst for it? Nah"

I’m pretty sure that he usually picks both teams in big games at different points. Tonight he threw on an SDSU shirt at the Capital One Jamfest. I think he likes picking both so that no one really knows who he picks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom