"There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!" | The Boneyard

"There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another nice article about Tierney Lawlor.

Underdog role suits her to a Tee
Ansonia’s Lawlor part of the Huskies
BY ROGER CLEAVELAND
REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN

Each game after warm-ups and introductions, the UConn women’s basketball players huddle around junior guard Tierney Lawlor, and she delivers a passionate message to energize the Huskies for the game. “What is said in that huddle stays in that huddle, but it is definitely words of encouragement,” Lawlor said. “By that time, we all know the game plan, so I am just hyping people up and getting them ready to play.” The players love it. “For Tee to be doing that, it’s huge for us,” Breanna Stewart said. “We couldn’t picture anyone better. She takes a lot of pride in that and takes it really seriously. She is an intense person. When you see her in our practices and that kind of stuff, she is getting on us just as much as the coaches will be.”

Ansonia's Lawlor: Underdog now part of the top dogs, Waterbury Republican

[From HuskyNan - please don't copy and paste copyrighted material in its entirety. You can post a short "fair use" sample and a link, but not the entire article. Thanks]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is great stuff. How're you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they play for UConn? Tee might make a terrific coach. She is already, as I have pointed out several times, the ace cheerleader on the bench. Sometimes I just watch her excitement when the Huskies do something great; it looks as if she's going to jump out of her skin. Love 'er.

Reaction Score
Great article for a terrific young lady. Takes a special kid to do what she has done. I think that we all try to root a little harder when she and Brianna get into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom