There was always something off about naming Fagnano the starter... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

There was always something off about naming Fagnano the starter...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I also missed it for a business event. We clearly got lucky, even though we didn’t see it that way entering the evening. Don’t know that I will be able to make myself watch the replay.
It's worth it. There are things to be learned from it. Particularly Roberson's game management and passing during those empty possessions. But also the inability of our OL to open up holes for the running backs for the 2nd straight game.

Reaction Score
More recency biased hyperbole. We've played wayyyyyy worse. The difference here is that we were told this team improved over last season and a 10 pt loss to a legit P5 program seemed to support that pledge.

Lucy yanking the football out from the fanbase, for what the....fifteenth time, has everyone on the ledge.
Talk about hyperbole. I am very disappointed but certainly not on the ledge. Looking forward to improved QB and team performance against FIU.

Reaction Score
Talk about hyperbole. I am very disappointed but certainly not on the ledge. Looking forward to improved QB and team performance against FIU.
Do you think there anything to the kids showing the letdown of the B12 outcome on the field? They are only human.

Reaction Score
I could just sense that there was something wrong with the team. It was worse at the Georgia State game than the NC State game. The team just did not seem as if they gave a crap hense they played like crap.
I kind of had the same feeling. Something just does not seem right. Maybe Zion Turner brought a "winner's mentality" as QB. It feels like the team is not stringing together enough "winning" plays. Getting a big stop. Making a key catch. Forcing a turnover. Avoiding dumb/damaging penalties. Etc.

As for the GA State game, there were tons of them -- more dropped passes, bad penalties. Not getting a stop on 3rd and long. The missed field goal which would have put points on the board at 7-3. The momentum never swung.

To me the biggest play was the muffed punt / turnover. Only down 7-0, after a good punt deep in GA State territory and a good defensive 3 and out, instead of getting the ball back in great field position, the muffed punt put the defense back on the field and led to a score and a 14-0 game. The game felt like it was over.

Reaction Score
I kind of had the same feeling. Something just does not seem right. Maybe Zion Turner brought a "winner's mentality" as QB. It feels like the team is not stringing together enough "winning" plays. Getting a big stop. Making a key catch. Forcing a turnover. Avoiding dumb/damaging penalties. Etc.

As for the GA State game, there were tons of them -- more dropped passes, bad penalties. Not getting a stop on 3rd and long. The missed field goal which would have put points on the board at 7-3. The momentum never swung.

To me the biggest play was the muffed punt / turnover. Only down 7-0, after a good punt deep in GA State territory and a good defensive 3 and out, instead of getting the ball back in great field position, the muffed punt put the defense back on the field and led to a score and a 14-0 game. The game felt like it was over.

The false starts are a continuation of last season. And that is on Sammis and Charlton.

We commit too many penalties.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I could just sense that there was something wrong with the team. It was worse at the Georgia State game than the NC State game. The team just did not seem as if they gave a crap hense they played like crap.

Body language is so similar to the games over the past decade when they lost to FCS teams or barely beat them.

Most of this goes to the coaches but there a plenty of upperclassmen on both sides of the ball that need to step up help right the ship as well.

Reaction Score
Do you think there anything to the kids showing the letdown of the B12 outcome on the field? They are only human.
You may have a point as anything is possible. I am not arrogant enough to think I know why people do certain things especially my wife. But you would think that confident people like athletes would take matters into their own hands and prove that they belong..

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Kind of had that "here we go again" feeling that we supposedly shed last year.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
There was something off when JF was named the starter.
Big ta-do planned after practice and then practice cancelled and a starter named with No fanfare.
At the time you wonder a bit and then say Jim knows what he’s doing - and the OC too. In retrospect, this now appears another Spanos like shady situation.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Would be interesting to hear from some UCLA fans about Mora's MO during his tenure there- might provide an insight into the goings-on here.

Reaction Score
What was mentioned here and quickly forgotten, Phil Steele was told by HCJM that Fagnano was the starter way back in May.

What was the summer competition?

Reaction Score
There was something off when JF was named the starter.
Big ta-do planned after practice and then practice cancelled and a starter named with No fanfare.
At the time you wonder a bit and then say Jim knows what he’s doing - and the OC too. In retrospect, this now appears another Spanos like shady situation.
My feeling at the time was the head coach wanted Roberson but the OC was pushing “his” guy. At the end Charlton got his way. It happens. This choice had me concerned.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

I was watching this game on my phone at a wedding reception (yeah, I'm that guy. My wife wasn't overly thrilled with me) and had seen Buckman get absolutely pounded a couple times already after catching a punt (I give him credit for the attempts) but said out loud that he was going to cough it up if he keeps refusing to fair catch a ball with a defender only feet away. When it happened, I wasn't even surprised, although the Deja Vu was strong.
The reception was at a country club in Bristol, and a few of the workers there kept checking in with me, saying they all knew or played ball with Rosa. They stopped checking the game after half time. Can't even blame them.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We’re going 7-3 with Roberson as the starter. The team (and I’m thinking Mora knows too) always knew that Fagnano was never capable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom