The yore of UConn QBs & Coaches past… | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The yore of UConn QBs & Coaches past…

Reaction Score
Despite the consensus that we were overmatched vs Oklahoma, we had several chances to win that game. I'm not saying we would have won, but clearly we weren't as bad as media portrayed us later.

I get it that any team can talk about the "might have beens", but consider the 4th and 1 at the OU 19 when a long handoff to Robbie Frye turned the ball over. The missed pass interference on Ryan Griffin deep in OK territory. The pick 6's off the hands of Mike Smith and Dwayne Difton. And a few back breaking 3rd and long conversions by OU. OU's receivers were superior. Todman was stifled by the Sooners but we played great on Special Teams and pretty good on D. All in all Frazer was competing all night. I spoke with him and Chad Christen the next morning in the lobby. While they all hated losing, they were happy to have played in that amazing atmosphere.
If you have an hour, watch it again. I was out there. I was proud as heck when they ran out on that field. It was exciting. I loved that team.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Despite the consensus that we were overmatched vs Oklahoma, we had several chances to win that game. I'm not saying we would have won, but clearly we weren't as bad as media portrayed us later.

I get it that any team can talk about the "might have beens", but consider the 4th and 1 at the OU 19 when a long handoff to Robbie Frye turned the ball over. The missed pass interference on Ryan Griffin deep in OK territory. The pick 6's off the hands of Mike Smith and Dwayne Difton. And a few back breaking 3rd and long conversions by OU. OU's receivers were superior. Todman was stifled by the Sooners but we played great on Special Teams and pretty good on D. All in all Frazer was competing all night. I spoke with him and Chad Christen the next morning in the lobby. While they all hated losing, they were happy to have played in that amazing atmosphere.
If you have an hour, watch it again. I was out there. I was proud as heck when they ran out on that field. It was exciting. I loved that team.

Thanks for the link... Not much I wouldn't give to see them get back to that level.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree. The overmatched narrative was there before, during and after. It would have hepled if our HC gave us 100%. I never forget this game whenever anyone says to not punt late in a hopeless game because "what have you got to lose?" For one thing, when the other coach is intent on running up the score, you get a final result that's not a reflection of the game. A result still thrown in our face over a decade later.

Reaction Score

When your coach has one foot out the door, it's tough for a team to overcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom