The View From Section 241 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know what was missing? The true belief, leading up to the game, that we could win,that game. More than anything, what this staff has done is screw up what was once a pretty good home field advantage. Even when we were getting thumped by wvu at home, for as long as the game was close the fans were into it. This game, we were up for the event, but collectively we know we are at a severe coaching disadvantage, and that is evidenced by the home losses in the P era. A terrible Temple team(yeah the missed fgs), Western Michigan, Towson? The team that lined up and knocked helmets with Michigan this past Saturday should not be losing home games to those teams.

It's almost over.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember a game vs Rutgers maybe 2007 that was a pretty good atmosphere.

Once again, it's subjective. For some reason, even though they're our "rivals", Rutgers has never resonated with me. Again, subjective stuff here.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Once again, it's subjective. For some reason, even though they're our "rivals", Rutgers has never resonated with me. Again, subjective stuff here.

Rutgers always has for me more than anyone else... we came in the league just about the same time they stopped being a national laughing stock... their fans are obnoxious... and they had a coach that was easy to dislike.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For me the biggest take away is the taste, of what UConn football can be. A packed house and a nationally televised game. Standing toe to toe with football royalty and staring them in the eye. This is what it can be like every weekend. That journey starts after the end of this season.

Reaction Score
The Towson loss was enormously deflating and it's carrying over. It pretty much took a bowl season off the table, as much because of what it revealed as because of the loss to a team that was supposed to be an assured win. This is not a good football team (neither is Michigan for that matter). I don't think it's without talent, but I do think it lacks direction to make it better. Desperately need new leadership........

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
5-7...5-7...0-2 will kill the taste of just about anything.

Reaction Score
Most folks around here, don't have a full grasp, of what the invite for UCONN to join a BCS conference meant to the college football world. We had done nothing, to get the slice of the pie that the Big East started handing out like free candy, to programs around the country, starting with us.

The fact that we did everythign we could, to prove the 'undeserving' tab wrong, and false, went unnoticed, for a number of reasons, mostly from our own Athletic Department's inability to recognize how important it was to promote and sustain the fast successes we had achieved, culminating in the Fiesta Bowl appearance.

THe good news, is that we do have the conference championships, and the bowl appearances, and bowl wins, to talk about - NOW - now that we've got people in place that will actually promote the program.

Got to win though. 0-3 doesn't cut the mustard.

This 2013 team is capable of winning though, they just have to go out and do it.
I usually have a hard time comprehending, appreciating and consequently reading Spackler posts, but the first two paragraphs of this one are entirely credible. We were given a gift, and many in the CF world resented that. Miami spat at it: Donna Sha said, "they're never going to see Miami in the Rent" and others were equally resentful and dismissive. It was a gift, no question about that. And we did well with it. Goes to show that you never share what you have with lessors out there because if you do, they might just prove to be as good as you, and no one wants that. BC is that example. So, Spack, you're right about that part. The rest, however, the rah rah stuff, this 2013 team is just beat dead. 2-3 wins tops.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You know what was missing? The true belief, leading up to the game, that we could win,that game. More than anything, what this staff has done is screw up what was once a pretty good home field advantage. Even when we were getting thumped by wvu at home, for as long as the game was close the fans were into it. This game, we were up for the event, but collectively we know we are at a severe coaching disadvantage, and that is evidenced by the home losses in the P era. A terrible Temple team(yeah the missed fgs), Western Michigan, Towson? The team that lined up and knocked helmets with Michigan this past Saturday should not be losing home games to those teams.

It's almost over.

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member