The View From Section 241 -- Cincy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 -- Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I like Peart, I have never been high on Obi but admit coaches from P to Diaco are impressed by him. Summers I like but he appears to be vulnerable in coverage against elite receivers.
No corner can handle a top receiver all over the field with no qb pressure and no over the top help. we kind of hung him out to dry in the Syracuse game but we should've been in nickle for that whole game... The positive is they appear to have figured some stuff out from watching Syracuse and Houston game films...

Reaction Score
Changed the offensive attitude, and forced the defense of Cincinnati to account for the passing game. That run by Arkeel in the 4th was a reflection of that.

Also we got fortunate to get the benefit of some crucial pass interference calls. Your not getting those calls if you don't take shots over the top.
This. Ran a lot of 3 and 4 wr sets or had Davis split out. As a consequence Cinci mostly only had 4 players within 4 yards of the where the ball was snapped. Their LBs played a little more off the ball too. Playing double TE sets only invites 7 people in the box and we are not that good of a blocking team including the TEs and RBs. So you spread the field out, play 5 v 4, keep the RB in if need be. You can run or throw or dump to the RB. Someone on the staff 's light went on or someone stopped being stubborn about being a power team.

Reaction Score
Bizlaw and all are on point. I think we saw the elusive switch flipped. ...that sudden leap forward in play making, execution and confidence. Many factors abound for that (slight adjustment in personnel, etc.). But talking about subtlety, I do note that the complexion of the game could have changed dramatically in the absence of a few sustaining penalty calls. But it was precisely those little things falling our way that sparked confidence which then built on itself and resulted in transformation. It's easy to forget how hideously bad they played through 1.5 quarters, then a spark of life, then some fits and starts, then running on full cylinders by Q4 like a different team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom