The View From Section 241 — NC State | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The View From Section 241 — NC State

Reaction Score
McFadden wasn't getting the ball into the endzone on kickoffs. Does anyone remember if he did two years ago, pre-ACL injury? Go with Ruelas on kickoffs?
I would have the stronger leg kickoff. Got to get the ball deeper. You have two kickers. Don’t need to redshirt them, but you have to get the ball into the end zone considering kickoff rules. Can’t allow returns.

Reaction Score
McFadden wasn't getting the ball into the endzone on kickoffs. Does anyone remember if he did two years ago, pre-ACL injury? Go with Ruelas on kickoffs?
He definitely was kicking his kickoffs longer than he did Thursday two years ago.

Reaction Score
According to Football Database 43 Kickoffs, 9 Touchbacks, 1 OB, 23 returns. AVG 56.4 yards per kick.

Reaction Score
Spy or no spy, still have to tackle.
I'm hoping the LB's learned a lot from Thursday and there are adjustments made to the LB scheme and cohesiveness amongst themselves and how they relate to the DL and secondary. A few modifications and we'll have a really tight D.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Agree with BL. Here are my three positives, two negatives, and one question:

Three positives
  1. Awesome crowd and energy at the tailgate and during the game (after everyone arrived mid-way through the first quarter).
  2. Great opening drive.
  3. Running game looks solid.
Two negatives
  1. Planning for their QB so we could contain him.
  2. Offensive game plan after the first series.
One question
  1. Who starts at QB this week?

Reaction Score

Three positives
  1. Awesome crowd and energy at the tailgate and during the game (after everyone arrived mid-way through the first quarter).
  2. Great opening drive.
Two negatives
One question
Fagnano.

Reaction Score

Three positives
  2. Great opening drive.
Two negatives
One question

I'd be shocked if you see a change after 1 week. If we have less than 100 yards passing 55 minutes in again Saturday, then ask me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if you see a change after 1 week. If we have less than 100 yards passing 55 minutes in again Saturday, then ask me.
I really hope we take care of business Saturday, but if we don’t and see a similar performance from Fagnano I’d expect Roberson to start vs. FIU.

We absolutely cannot start 0-3 or 0-4.

Reaction Score
Would like to see more hard hitting from our defense. Jelani Stafford and Pryce Yates were there but nothing stood out from many others on our defense. Using Stafford on offense was good to see after hints about it at the end of last season.

Reaction Score
Victor Rosa..Justin Joly…Malcolm Bell…these three sophomores are players uconn build a team around..I would also include sophomore Zion Turner..what a great recruiting class

Reaction Score
Exactly. And the first td wasn’t even vaguely similar. He was diving for the pylon. Totally different Set of facts. I saw It last year at a Wesleyan game and same thing and a few years ago I think Arkansas. Same thing. It is the rule and is not a judgement call. It is like not getting the play off. You don’t snap the ball when the play clock expires it’s an automatic flag. It was a really stupid thing to do. Maybe he did it at Bristol Central and got away with it (it is a rule in high school too) because he was a star, but you won’t in college. I have never seen it in the NFL so I presume it is a rule there too.
Not true. Look at the first play in the 3rd quarter from Auburn/UMass game. DB runs back an interception and flips into the end zone with no penalty called.

Reaction Score
Spy? Didn’t need to spy the QB. How about the LBs make a play and DE’s don’t lose contain?
I think Mora can run a defense. Saw no scheme issues. Issue was tackling.
Please. So if the LB’s weren’t making plays and the DE’s were losing contain, you want to simply let the QB run for first downs 14 times? Lets not call it a “Spy”—how about a “concentration” on him. Might that have —oh I don’t know —stopped a few of those freaking plays that were killing our ability to get them off the field on 4th down?

Reaction Score
No excuse for the Rosa penalty. That flip into the end zone is called every single time at the college level and I’ve never seen it not called in high school. Every single time. It is a penalty and not a judgement call. Other than that an excellent analysis
No it is not called every time. I was watching another game (Sorry can't remember which one) on Saturday and I saw a player do the same thing with no call, I sat there saying WTF.

Reaction Score
The more I watch the replay the more I am convinced that Charlton sometimes just self sabotage instead of taking what the defense gives him. It's almost as if NC State knew when to load up the box vs the run against us and we couldn't make them pay for loading up the box. Do we not have any RPO's in our arsenal??

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
(e) An unopposed ball carrier obviously altering stride as he approaches the opponent’s goal line or diving into the end zone.
If we were "unopposed" we'd probably score on a majority of running plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom