The UConn WBB roster has a lot of love for Geno Auriemma | The Boneyard

The UConn WBB roster has a lot of love for Geno Auriemma

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Found the underwear quote (LOL)
Auriemma was left with his hair and clothes soaked. Someone offered him an extra shirt and jacket to change into before his postgame press conferencs. But even an hour or so later, he still wasn’t fully dry.
“It’s totally my fault for falling into this trap,” Auriemma said before grunting through a smile. “Now I’m trying walking around in something that’s not mine and my underwear is stuck to my (rear). Soaking wet, .”
“He means everything to me,” Nika Mühl said.
“Honestly, the way he never gives up on his players,” freshman KK Arnold said. “We all know it's all love.”
“I mean everybody can tell you the same thing and you see it with the alumni, you see it with the culture he built; I mean that man is just special, different and there's nobody like him,” Mühl said.

Reaction Score
Here's the full final quote by Nika: “I mean everybody can tell you the same thing and you see it with the alumni, you see it with the culture he built; I mean that man is just special, different and there's nobody like him,” Mühl said. “He's just that unique person in life that you never get to meet again and you just have to cherish every single moment, every second that you have with him.”

One from Ice: “Obviously as a coach he pushes me as a player, but as fiery and intense he is, he's extremely patient especially with me because I came in a hot mess,” Brady said. “So extremely patient with me and cares about not just me but all of us off the court as a person. …

It's seldom discussed or recognized but the obvious intensity and depth of emotional investment that Geno puts into not only his players games but their lives beyond basketball is huge. As tough as he can be, his players know that at the heart of it, he is only guiding and pushing them to be the best versions of themselves both during their time in Storrs and in their lives beyond. That end is truly what I think is what he finds most rewarding - the relationships in guiding and walking with them through that journey. It doesn't begin and end on the basketball court and once their time in Storrs ends they remain part of his extended family.

I guess it's possible that other coaches may have a similar depth of relationships and impact with some of their players but no-one can possibly have had more than Geno has had with the legion of players he has coached over nearly 40 years. The fact that he has always been at Uconn and the level of continuing support and connections the alumni have with each new squad makes his 'Husky wcbb family' truly unmatchable. As Nika and Aaliyah move on after their incredible Uconn careers and a remarkable senior season they only move into a different life stage in their ongoing relationship with Geno and as part of the Uconn wcbb family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom