"The UConn Invitational" | The Boneyard

"The UConn Invitational"

Reaction Score
He's going for, like, anti-bulletin board material, and/or putting pressure on us.

Reaction Score
SDSU Coach Dutcher is quoted by ESPN as calling the tournament "the UConn Invitational". That is some grade A trolling of the UConn fans by Coach Dutcher. Respect.
The dude definitely has lots of bulletin board material. The pundits have significantly dismissed his squad as nothing more than a interesting finals rematch. It being a rematch likely gives him some confidence as well. They've seen some of our guys before.

Reaction Score
His team plays tough, but they’re gonna be undersized against us at every position. Ledee is 6’ 9” and while he is strong and crafty, Clingan is likely going to limit his success inside. We can also double him at will because San Diego St is one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the country. They had their best shooting game against Yale last night (we had our worst). Any type of reversion to the mean results in another 15-20 pt win.

Reaction Score
Was he talking about UConn's "superiority" or was he talking about UConn's regional "home-court" advantage?

Reaction Score
In 1999 there was a team called Duke that the same comment was made about. The Duke invitational is what Dick Vital called it. I will never forget it. They were jinxed and lost to a school called the Connecticut Huskies. Please lets not jinx ourselves.

Reaction Score
He’s trying to butter us up basically calling us soft well that’s how Hurley can spin it to our team.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In 1999 there was a team called Duke that the same comment was made about. The Duke invitational is what Dick Vital called it. I will never forget it. They were jinxed and lost to a school called the Connecticut Huskies. Please lets not jinx ourselves.

I feel like 100% of the board is within the range of appropriate confidence.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I like the guy. The hair, the look, all of it. He looks like a member of my grandparents bowling team in the Czechoslovakian league- Berwyn, Illinois circa 1973

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What we really need is a picture of Taylor Swift wearing a kevlar vest.
That must be an easy instruction for an Artificial Intelligence photo-illustration.

I remain ignorant as to how that's done.

If I knew, I'd do.
Wouldn't you too?
So someone else, but who?

Reaction Score
SDSU Coach Dutcher is quoted by ESPN as calling the tournament "the UConn Invitational". That is some grade A trolling of the UConn fans by Coach Dutcher. Respect.
Clearly Diaco /UCF level trolling. Shows us the trophy damn it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Duke wasn’t jinxed that year. UConn was just better.

Reaction Score
As long as the portable washing machine is working Danny is bulletproof.
That bulletproof coffee DH drinks is just disgusting. I don’t care if it will make you a CEO, I’ll stick with middle management just to avoid drinking it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom