The transfer portal opens today | Page 30 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
We legitimately had 4 guys to bring up the ball and facilitate offense at a high level last year. All with PG sensibilities.

Only Hassan is back. Add in Nowell. Thats 2. Is Solo Ball ready to be the third? I hope Roumoglou gets a chance to emerge as a Spencer ish facilitator/shooter in the rotation.

Can we bring in Hausen at that guard spot if we don't add another ballhandler this off-season? Are Hausen and McNeeley mutually exclusive for next years roster construction? (I Hope not) We seem light at 2G with handle. A lot of interesting backroom decisions going on to construct the roster .

Reaction Score
Cherry picking stats is silly. Look at the overall picture.
I don't tell you the way you look at things is silly. It works for me.

When you bet every team in div 1 you look at who they beat, where they beat them, when they beat them, against who they were hot and against who they shat the bed. Its an "overall picture" as you say. Its engrained in me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

When you bet every team in div 1 you look at who they beat, where they beat them, when they beat them, against who they were hot and against who they shat the bed. Its an "overall picture" as you say. Its engrained in me.
It just seems very random when you pick a 4 game sample where he shot 3/3 the game before you started looking and 3/8 the game after. It's just not at all relevant when we have a huge sample to look at, including a sample in the exact conference he'd be playing in

Reaction Score
Calling all the boneyard social media savants…..has the staff started following anyone in the portal recently?

Reaction Score
More bigs!

Why finish my interim grades when I can do more research on Jonas Aidoo?

From what I've watched from Tennessee games, there is a ton to like about Aidoo.

At 6'11 240 with a 7'4 wingspan, there's an enticing physical combination of strength and athleticism as Aidoo is incredibly active, can run the floor and is surprisingly quick-twitch at his size.
  • 2nd highest defensive efficiency rating on Tennessee, a team that was 3rd nationally in defensive efficiency
  • 36th nationally in block rate (also just 3.5 fouls charged per 40)
  • 72nd nationally in offensive rebounding rate
  • 172nd nationally in turnover prevention rate
  • 248th nationally in defensive rebounding rate
There's a frenetic passion to his game that really gets me giddy.

Reaction Score
Why finish my interim grades when I can do more research on Jonas Aidoo?

From what I've watched from Tennessee games, there is a ton to like about Aidoo.

At 6'11 240 with a 7'4 wingspan, there's an enticing physical combination of strength and athleticism as Aidoo is incredibly active, can run the floor and is surprisingly quick-twitch at his size.
  • 2nd highest defensive efficiency rating on Tennessee, a team that was 3rd nationally in defensive efficiency
  • 36th nationally in block rate (also just 3.5 fouls charged per 40)
  • 72nd nationally in offensive rebounding rate
  • 172nd nationally in turnover prevention rate
  • 248th nationally in defensive rebounding rate
There's a frenetic passion to his game that really gets me giddy.
Like him. Would be a good fit. Will be interesting to see if we get involved. May be dependent on the outcome of the mystery recruit's visit this weekend though (tea leaves are saying either Cliff or Tarris Reed from Michigan...my money is on Reed).

Reaction Score
Evan Miya top 10 transfers

Name

Team

New Team

Class

Pos

Projected OBPR

Projected DBPR

Projected BPR

HS Recruit Ranking

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Oumar Ballo
Arizona

SR
C
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Mark Mitchell
Duke

SO
PF
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jonas Aidoo
Tennessee

JR
C
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Vladislav Goldin
Florida Atlantic

SR
C
☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Aden Holloway
Auburn

FR
PG
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Tony Perkins
Iowa

SR
SG
☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Kylan Boswell
Arizona

SO
PG
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Tucker DeVries
Drake
West Virginia
JR
SG
☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Sean Pedulla
Virginia Tech

JR
PG
☆ ☆ ☆
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Robbie Avila
Indiana State

Reaction Score

I could pick any random 4 game sample and make anyone look terrible. You can look at stats however you want; then, when you try to paint a narrative using cherry-picked stats people are going to call you out for being ridiculous.

Carry on.

Reaction Score
I could pick any random 4 game sample and make anyone look terrible. You can look at stats however you want; then, when you try to paint a narrative using cherry-picked stats people are going to call you out for being ridiculous.

Carry on.
I think the only time you can look a such a small sample size if we’re seeing what a low/mid major player looks like against high major competition, when those games are super limited for those types of teams. And even then, you can’t really make sweeping assumptions from such a little data set. It’s ridiculous to even argue at this point. The staff has proven year after year they know how to identify talent and implement said talent into their system. I’m all in on whoever they want at this point.

Reaction Score
A very exciting time right here. Hurley building next year's roster is a sampling of delights. The players we're being connected to, Hausen, a top ten shooter in the country, Tarris Reed, who moves so well for a post up center, tough to push off the blocks, other top centers as well, McNeely, oh my goodness this is a blast. UConn on top of the basketball world, Hurley, Moore, Young, and Murray filling out next year's team with the absolute best players that will fit within Hurley's culture and playing style. Nowell, Abraham, UConn will again be in the hunt for titles.

Just awesome man.

Reaction Score
A very exciting time right here. Hurley building next year's roster is a sampling of delights. The players we're being connected to, Hausen, a top ten shooter in the country, Tarris Reed, who moves so well for a post up center, tough to push off the blocks, other top centers as well, McNeely, oh my goodness this is a blast. UConn on top of the basketball world, Hurley, Moore, Young, and Murray filling out next year's team with the absolute best players that will fit within Hurley's culture and playing style. Nowell, Abraham, UConn will again be in the hunt for titles.

Just awesome man.
these are the very three im hoping for

Reaction Score
Rumor is Tarris Reed
Would be a nice piece. Solid double/double potential with 2 years of eligibility. Averaged 9 pts/7.2 rebounds in 26 minutes. Johnson, Reed and a year older and stronger Singare would work for me as a quality rotation. Then Reed and Singare carrying over into the 2025-26 season. If UConn gets the weapons mentioned in the other posts (Hausen, McNeely) added to Nowell, Karaban, Stewart, Ball, Ross there are lots of offense options.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven't seen any mention here (?) about Harvard FRESHMAN guard Malik Mack, who is in the portal. His stats are amazingly similar to TN's numbers at East Carolina: 17.2 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 4.8 APG.

Scores, assists, and rebounds at the PG position. And he's from Harvard, so probably brings a high BB IQ. My top transfer want along with fellow Ivy Leaguer Wolf.

Reaction Score
Rumor is Tarris Reed
If so, I'd certainly welcome Tarris Reed on board.

He's 6'10 265 with a 7'4 wingspan and entered Michigan 240 as the #40 recruit of the '22 HS class.

I didn't watch Michigan at all this year, but watching tape on him he's a classic big with 84% of his FGAs at or near the rim (59 FG% on those shots), most of which come from post-up attempts and roll/pop situations.

Defensively, he ranked as Michigan's third most efficient defender, which is pretty impressive considering that both Will Tschetter and former Seton Hall forward Tray Jackson are awful, leaving Reed on an island as the last line of defense once Olivier Nkamhoua was out for the year.

Some other stats:
  • 146th nationally in offensive rebounding rate
  • 161st in block rate
  • 262nd in defensive rebounding rate
  • Improved his FT in Big Ten conference play (64%) vs 47.2% in non-conference play and 40% the previous season.
  • His 25.3 turnover rate concerns me, but then again, Michigan was horrible.

Reaction Score
If so, I'd certainly welcome Tarris Reed on board.

He's 6'10 265 with a 7'4 wingspan and entered Michigan 240 as the #40 recruit of the '22 HS class.

I didn't watch Michigan at all this year, but watching tape on him he's a classic big with 84% of his FGAs at or near the rim (59 FG% on those shots), most of which come from post-up attempts and roll/pop situations.
Interesting kid. Has his own clothing line/website, plays the saxophone and has the body of Karl Malone. Underrated footwork. Wide shoulders which would be important for our 5 man screening (the under talked about weapon of DC's effectiveness)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom