The transfer portal opens today | Page 24 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Nova's offense was 5 points better with him on the court and defense about the same (1 point worse).

He'll probably be the worst defender on the floor, but hopefully not a liability (ala Spencer).

I think we’d be lucky if he was close at all to Spencer on that end. Cam certainly had a tough time with fast, quick first step guards but off the ball intelligence and rebounding made up for any weaknesses.

Reaction Score

I can't even wrap my head around Nova sticking with Kyle Neptune. They have such history/recent history and great NIL and they're willingly blowing all of it. The last two seasons were the most talent Neptune will have and they had a .500 record. Everyone around them is improving and UConn is doing historic things. Things are going to get a lot worse for them with their decision to stick with Neptune.

Reaction Score
The assumption here is we don't have ample NIL to offer talented players. That is incorrect.
That's not my assumption. My assumption is that we don't just hand over bags of money to entice players to come, they need to fit the program culture and be willing to work and be coached. They will then have opportunity to earn good money via our NIL.

Reaction Score
He's a solid 6-5

Has a better stroke than any of Purdue's guards. One of best in America imho

good iq and off ball movement, essential in FIBA/Princeton 5 out sets

Who are our 3 pt shooters next year?

I'm really hoping this rumor is correct

6-5? I stand corrected then, that totally changes my picture

For some reason he looked pretty small to me

Reaction Score
I still want Derkack. Classic overachiever vibe there. Good size, can score, moves the ball, DPOY. What else is there?

agree - feel like his stats might not do him justice, if he's playing a clearly defined role on a good team.

Reaction Score
I still want Derkack. Classic overachiever vibe there. Good size, can score, moves the ball, DPOY. What else is there?
Me too.

If Derkack goes to UConn, not sure he'll end up being a full-time starter at any point of his career, but he can play all three backcourt positions at 6'5 205, is a nasty defender and he's got endgame closer abilities in the way he can attack the rim and generate fouls off the dribble (6.6 fouls/40 was ranked 30th in the nation).

Under Hurley, I love hard-nosed defenders off the bench who can score in a pinch a la Diarra this year.

Reaction Score
Hausen seems to be a very good pure shooter but doesn't do a lot of the other things that make a player like Spencer special (ability to create in the lane, passing, rebounding, etc.).

Reaction Score
This is what I posted after our last game against Nova,

"Is Hurley secretly recruiting the white kid from Nova? Jk. But if he does enter portal I’m sure Hurley will be all over him. I guess he was speaking to the kid then pointed at Cam like you could be like him. And praised him as one of the best shooting options in America in his post game presser."

He will be a Husky,

Reaction Score
Nah, Hurley loves him and knows what he could do with him. Neptune is as bad as it gets.

Did we recruit him initially? How do you know Hurley loves him? No argument on Neptune.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hausen seems to be a very good pure shooter but doesn't do a lot of the other things that make a player like Spencer special (ability to create in the lane, passing, rebounding, etc.).
Which is what we thought about Spencer before he got here. Hurley has shown a willingness to use these guys beyond the stand on the line, catch and shoot. I suspect a lot of players have more in their game and don’t get to show it.

Reaction Score
My gut reaction is that if we didn't reach out to someone like Gavin Griffiths we aren't reaching out to Hausen.
Hausen is a proven shooter who made 61 3PA (38%) in only 17 MIN/G this year. I agree he needs to be more involved in all other areas, but he’s been coached by the worst coach in the conference the last two years. He’s valuable as a shooter already, but has potential to open up his game much more under this staff IMO.

Griffiths shot 28% from 3, turned the ball over 1.6x as often and had a ORtg of 85.1 which is genuinely awful. Hausen is way more ready to play so I don’t consider them the same type of prospect per se.

Reaction Score
Hausen is a proven shooter who made 61 3PA (38%) in only 17 MIN/G this year. I agree he needs to be more involved in all other areas, but he’s been coached by the worst coach in the conference the last two years. He’s valuable as a shooter already, but has potential to open up his game much more under this staff IMO.

Griffiths shot 28% from 3, turned the ball over 1.6x as often and had a ORtg of 85.1 which is genuinely awful. Hausen is way more ready to play so I don’t consider them the same type of prospect per se.

Could be. Mercifully I watched very little Rutgers basketball this season but from what I read their offense was incredibly bad. Couldn't create looks for people, limited ball movement, couldn't break down the defense, etc.

Reaction Score
Which is what we thought about Spencer before he got here. Hurley has shown a willingness to use these guys beyond the stand on the line, catch and shoot. I suspect a lot of players have more in their game and don’t get to show it.
Spencer was already a really good player when they recruited him last June, that was an easy plug n play. Spencer is way ahead of where Hausen is now in basically all facets: shooting, playmaking, steals etc. At this point, the staff have obviously showed they can identify the right talent to get into their system and if they want Hausen, I’m all for it. But let’s not pretend like Cam wasn’t an elite transfer option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom