The transfer portal opens today | Page 23 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
I feel like decisions need to be made by those in the portal. Do I go to UConn and get excellent coaching, improve my game for the pros and possibly win a championship or do I go for the money now and get okay coaching. Rare kid that wants to be pushed like Castle.

Reaction Score
Can hausen dribble and defend or is he just lights out shooter? What’s his game like? He rarely played when I watched and they had a lousy O when I watched anyways.

Reaction Score
Can hausen dribble and defend or is he just lights out shooter? What’s his game like? He rarely played when I watched and they had a lousy O when I watched anyways.
Nova's offense was 5 points better with him on the court and defense about the same (1 point worse).

He'll probably be the worst defender on the floor, but hopefully not a liability (ala Spencer).

Reaction Score
I wouldnt say either are strengths at all. But he really understands the game. and is one of the better shooters ive seen in last couple years. He is the Spencer ish type player. Will get blown by playing man at times, but positionally will be in right place for help Defense.

Will make the Giffey extra pass, but really can't break his guy down off the dribble. I'd love to add him

Reaction Score
I think they have more faith in Solo Ball's game than you seem to. Jury is still out, and he needs to improve his handle, but I think he is 2G starter quality next year if he can master the sets

I hope its Hausen- bball iq and shooting

We need a 2G the caliber of Newton/Steph/Cam if we want to continue to be dominant. Expecting Solo to make that leap is going to be foolish. If he's on our roster, he's going to fill a Diarra-esque role next year and explode junior/senior year.

Reaction Score
I feel like decisions need to be made by those in the portal. Do I go to UConn and get excellent coaching, improve my game for the pros and possibly win a championship or do I go for the money now and get okay coaching. Rare kid that wants to be pushed like Castle.

The assumption here is we don't have ample NIL to offer talented players. That is incorrect.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt say either are strengths at all. But he really understands the game. and is one of the better shooters ive seen in last couple years. He is the Spencer ish type player. Will get blown by playing man at times, but positionally will be in right place for help Defense.

Will make the Giffey extra pass, but really can't break his guy down off the dribble. I'd love to add him

It's kind of imperative a small guy can drive and finish/ dish if need be. Otherwise they can be easily overplayed and taken out on the perimeter. Joey C. could do that

We just saw this with the Purdue guards

Reaction Score
Do we want Chris Youngblood? Hes a 6,4 Guard out of USF. He averaged, 15.3 Pts, 2.5 Boards and 2.1 assists. He was CO Player of the Year in the AAC sharing it with Johnell Davis. He shoots 45 percent from the field and 41 percent from 3 on roughly 5 attempts and 82.9 percent from FT. He's also very athletic and explosive and could be a great pick up.

Reaction Score
The assumption here is we don't have ample NIL to offer talented players. That is incorrect.

especially if Hurley uses his leverage to get Benedict and the university's boosters to give us the best NIL in the country. I heard $5m is what Cal will have at Arkansas, so let's figure out a way to get that.

Reaction Score
In conference transfers are weird. There seem to be a lot better options out there than a guy who scores 6.2 ppg on a disappointing team. But Hurley has proven he knows best.

Reaction Score
It's kind of imperative a small guy can drive and finish/ dish if need be. Otherwise they can be easily overplayed and taken out on the perimeter. Joey C. could do that

We just saw this with the Purdue guards
He's a solid 6-5

Has a better stroke than any of Purdue's guards. One of best in America imho

good iq and off ball movement, essential in FIBA/Princeton 5 out sets

Who are our 3 pt shooters next year?

I'm really hoping this rumor is correct

Reaction Score
I think they have more faith in Solo Ball's game than you seem to. Jury is still out, and he needs to improve his handle, but I think he is 2G starter quality next year if he can master the sets

I hope its Hausen- bball iq and shooting
I agree. I think we would be looking for more of a Joey California type role player than a Cam Spencer type that would start and play big minutes.

Reaction Score
especially if Hurley uses his leverage to get Benedict and the university's boosters to give us the best NIL in the country. I heard $5m is what Cal will have at Arkansas, so let's figure out a way to get that.

This is a fine line

Hurley himself said he doesn't want the highest bidder type players that will just come for the money. Those will probably flock to the usual suspects, and good luck coaching them

He wants people who come for basketball reasons

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nova's offense was 5 points better with him on the court and defense about the same (1 point worse).

He'll probably be the worst defender on the floor, but hopefully not a liability (ala Spencer).

Neptune was also coaching him

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The only two Nova players currently in the portal are Ware and Patterson.

If it's anyone else, I'd really want to know about how it was done. If there's even the slightest hint of tampering, I will be very disappointed in both DH and the UConn program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom