The transfer portal opens today | Page 49 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score

Are we actually still trying to get this guy or are we no longer involved since Reed committed? Potential Karaban replacement?

Yeah I see him more of a Karaban Replacement. Maybe a better handle than Karaban and better D. He is not as good of a 3 PT shooter, but he did shoot 36%, or passer as Karaban. Pretty good rebounder. He can create his own offense at times off the dribble too. I saw him a game and came away impressed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This one caught me by surprise. Not sure how Scheyer is going to make everyone happy next year, even with the mass exodus…

Maliq Brown will hold down the forward position so they can bring along Flagg slowly. A couple minutes here and there will build experience that he will need as a soph. NO!?!? Then how dumb a move is this?

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
Sorry if this has already been mentioned...

Connecticut native and a solid versatile skillset...he on the radar at all?

Reaction Score
This class with Flagg and that Center look a step above talent wise. Idk about anyone else.

Having a 7’1 tank and a generational talent next to him will be different than that Tik Toker and the tweener Flip.
Yeah, but we were talking about Duke.

Reaction Score

Providence might be pretty bad next year. A one-man team of Hopkins coming off ACL tear. They lost Carter, Oduro, Ticket, Dual, and Castro. I guess Barron was alright in limited minutes this year. Couple of okay transfers in, but nobody I'd be super excited about (especially for this upcoming year, Christ might be decent in a couple years).

Reaction Score

Michigan transfer admission strikes again. Might be why they took Wolf over Goldin, too. Easier to get in as an undergraduate transfer (you can often only transfer in 2 years worth of credits so upperclassmen won't be on track to graduate). Though did Davis really not graduate in 4 years at FAU?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Providence might be pretty bad next year. A one-man team of Hopkins coming off ACL tear. They lost Carter, Oduro, Ticket, Dual, and Castro. I guess Barron was alright in limited minutes this year. Couple of okay transfers in, but nobody I'd be super excited about (especially for this upcoming year, Christ might be decent in a couple years).
Hopefully Christ can resurrect his career with the Friars...

Reaction Score
This one caught me by surprise. Not sure how Scheyer is going to make everyone happy next year, even with the mass exodus…

wow! i figured they would get a couple of transfer guards, not a bigger forward. how do they plan on giving this kid minutes? playing a team of five 6'8" guys at the same time?

Reaction Score
wow! i figured they would get a couple of transfer guards, not a bigger forward. how do they plan on giving this kid minutes? playing a team of five 6'8" guys at the same time?
don't have to worry about divvying up minutes when you only have 5 players! :)

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not sure what KE is going for with his current transfer adds. Taking in a bunch of low/mid level starters and role players from non tournament caliber teams isn't going to cut it.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
Disagree, they're about to get Cardet and that dude can play. I like what Kim English is doing.
And UGA transfer Jabri Abdur-Rahim can score, doesn’t turn the ball over a lot, and had was productive in a lot of games, but needs to become more consisten.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom