The Transfer Portal Discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Transfer Portal Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kira Emsbro?

Why does she have this 3-year gap between seasons played?

MORE... appears she was on the team 4 years, but only recorded stats in 2 of them.

1678751475244.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kira Emsbro?

Are you sure Geno wouldn't rather have her twin sister? Kira has played very little -- injuries? -- and almost no game experience. By contrast, Camilla averaged ~30 mins/game and 14 pts. But she didn't play at all this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why does she have this 3-year gap between seasons played?
I see references to an injury in 2019 that sidelined her until this season but don’t know what kind. Her twin sister, Camilla, is a star at Yale, has also suffered injuries

Sophomore point guard Amelia Osgood impressed early, putting up five points, all of which came at the free-throw line, and two rebounds in her 13 minutes. Senior center Kira Emsbo also worked her way to the free-throw line and scored her first point since 2019, when she was sidelined by injury.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you sure Geno wouldn't rather have her twin sister? Kira has played very little -- injuries? -- and almost no game experience. By contrast, Camilla averaged ~30 mins/game and 14 pts. But she didn't play at all this year.
Torn ACL

Reaction Score
I thought Camilla committed to Duke.

Reaction Score
Who knows? Maybe there’s a hidden gem amongst JuCo players. Stephanie Soares from Iowa State is a good example.

Reaction Score
A post player but I don’t think one that can make an impact, will be available
But, if an athletic, Cardoza type materialized, it would be a welcome addition to spell our 6'3" warrior.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Who knows? Maybe there’s a hidden gem amongst JuCo players. Stephanie Soares from Iowa State is a good example.
Soares wasn't a 2-year JUCO player who transferred. She played 4 years at an NAIA school, I believe.

Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I will acknowledge that adding an experienced post/5th year senior might be good in the short run, I really hope Jana’s early enrollment pays big dividends next season. In the video I have seen, she is a really mobile Big, who finishes with either hand around the basket.

Geno has 3 months to evaluate Jana up close before he considers any transfer available in the portal. My hope is that Jana is the post of the future, i.e. next season, backed up by Ice, Ayana & possibly Amari if she develops.

Reaction Score
She looks like a decent post player. But how does she help us? Do we need another 6'3" post player?
Rebounding. Personally, girth and/or athleticism to me is more of a priority than height. An Ayoko Lee type even if she isn't the most athletic.

Reaction Score
Soares wasn't a 2-year JUCO player who transferred. She played 4 years at an NAIA school, I believe.
Well that explains why she has to submit a request to the NCAA for another year.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
I have watched both Ayoka Lee from Kansas State or Stephanie Soares from Iowa State play and their games fit into the UCONN style very well! But I wouldn't take just ANY 6'5"+ big girl to our all ready awesome roster!
If either of THESE 2 were available it'd be worth a look!
Soares would be my first choice if both were available!

Reaction Score
I’m thinking Elizabeth Kitley decides to take her Covid year and help us win a championship. She’s a 6’6”, experienced post player that could step in smoothly for Dorka.
She would be the type of player who could make a big difference for one year, letting Jana and Ice get their feet wet before needing them to play big minutes in important games.

Reaction Score

Yup. This is her 5th year. They are filing an appeal to try to get her another year

Reaction Score
A post player but I don’t think one that can make an impact, will be available
It's not just the portal. Geno has the whole world (it's a big place) to find a good fit. A lot of posters are thinking a 1 year grad transfer, but does it have to be? I'd take a real good big for 3 or 4 years.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I wish she would enter the portal.
Soares already grad-transferred once from her NAIA school to Iowa State. Don't think she would be immediately eligible if she transferred from Iowa State.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Soooo, so far this isn't really a thread about players in the portal and whether UCONN should take a look at them. Rather it's a wish list for a "big". For a team that will/should have about 7 players who can cover the 4/5 spots.

Reaction Score
I don’t think UCONN will just take someone out of the portal for the h—l of it.
It would take the availability of an overwhelming post player.
But I suppose we’re willing to be overwhelmed.

Reaction Score
I thought she played 3 years at NAIA and then transferred to Iowa State for her senior year. Regardless one question I have is if she gets the extra Covid year or not. She was not a division 1 player during the covid season. So do Division 2 or 3 players, Juco, and NAIA all get the extra Covid year, or is it just players who were in Division 1 during the covid year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom