The Strain | The Boneyard

The Strain

Reaction Score
This show really isnt good but for some reson i keep watching, i guess i feel the need to see how it ends. I'm surprised it hasnt been cancelled already.

Reaction Score
They might be playing with fire having it crossover so much with the traditional TV season. Used to be strictly a summer show. This year they'll only be up to episode 3 or so when the network shows start coming on line.

I kinda suspect this and shows like The Last Ship are driven by bigtime DVR watchers. A lot of niche stuff out there these days. Especially on the CW, SyFy, etc.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I fell off this wagon 1 1/2 seasons in. My wife is still hanging in there.

Reaction Score
My wife dropped out this week....think it's over for me. We tried....really tried.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great potential....slowly got worse. I knew where everything was heading with the first glimpse of The Master. I quite literally laughed out loud. Looked like a classic 70s cinematic monster. All that CGI and that's the best they could come up with? smh

Reaction Score
Great potential....slowly got worse. I knew where everything was heading with the first glimpse of The Master. I quite literally laughed out loud. Looked like a classic 70s cinematic monster. All that CGI and that's the best they could come up with? smh
yeah its just dumb, it kinda surprises me this show wasnt cancelled.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can I also say that I absolutely LOATHE the young kid? Loathe him. What a completely foolish loser. Would be understandable if he was 3 years old.

Reaction Score
Can I also say that I absolutely LOATHE the young kid? Loathe him. What a completely foolish loser. Would be understandable if he was 3 years old.

yeah i think a lot of people especially on the Strain subreddit complain about the kid, even though they replaced him after the first season. He was almost like Carl in the Walking Dead except Carl kinda grew up and matured and isnt as bad now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
yeah i think a lot of people especially on the Strain subreddit complain about the kid, even though they replaced him after the first season. He was almost like Carl in the Walking Dead except Carl kinda grew up and matured and isnt as bad now.

Carl might not be as bad (he still sucks), but it took him 6.5 seasons to get there. And his hair still sucks too.

/bitching

Reaction Score
This week's episode was good. I'm going to hang in there till the bitter end.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This week's episode was good. I'm going to hang in there till the bitter end.

Better. But the kid, man. Craftily escapes from his room, then sharts his pants by bleating "mom?!?!" when he walks in on her feeding. How about, you know, actually trying to escape? I know he wouldn't have gotten anywhere, but damn, make an effort. Use your brain for me one time kid.

I know it's my fault at this point, but come on.

Reaction Score
Better. But the kid, man. Craftily escapes from his room, then sharts his pants by bleating "mom?!?!" when he walks in on her feeding. How about, you know, actually trying to escape? I know he wouldn't have gotten anywhere, but damn, make an effort. Use your brain for me one time kid.

I know it's my fault at this point, but come on.

He did yank on a door that had 70 pounds of chains on it. To be honest - I think that was fairly realistic (if you accept the premise of the show to begin with). Not sure I could walk away from that sort of a train wreck. Mom kept trying to pretend she wasn't really one of them (with the makeup and all)...and then he sees her feeding. That's exactly how my younger son would act.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He did yank on a door that had 70 pounds of chains on it. To be honest - I think that was fairly realistic (if you accept the premise of the show to begin with). Not sure I could walk away from that sort of a train wreck. Mom kept trying to pretend she wasn't really one of them (with the makeup and all)...and then he sees her feeding. That's exactly how my younger son would act.

If he was 3 years old maybe. I'm just too jaded at this point I think. It's on me now. I still enjoyed the episode a little bit more at least. Just have to accept the fact that every is DAF in this show.

Reaction Score
If he was 3 years old maybe. I'm just too jaded at this point I think. It's on me now. I still enjoyed the episode a little bit more at least. Just have to accept the fact that every is DAF in this show.

He is 13 - and a mama's boy. Some boys never grow out of it.

Reaction Score
I'm sticking with the show also, but I kind of wish they had a 2 or 3 season story arc in mind and were working toward an end right now. If it's an open-ended story and the story will continue for season 4 and beyond, I don't know if I'll keep following it.

In terms of everyone being DAF on the show, why wouldn't Eph tell Fet and Setrakian about the Master having his son and wanting the Lumen in exchange? Wouldn't they have come up with the same plan, except they'd all be working toward the common goal and could support each other, instead of being in 2 separate groups, unaware of what the other was doing.

A larger problem with the plot is that the good guys were set up at a huge disadvantage to start with. The Master was loose in NYC, Palmer and the Stoneheart group had plans to support him and destabilize society and any resistance was dispersed, disorganized and skeptical of each other. With all of that working against them, our heroes have twice managed to severely injure and nearly kill the Master very early into the third season. Where do they go from here? Do they re-organize, reflect on what happened and set out, again, to try and take the Master down? That seems obvious, except that's how they started season 2.

Reaction Score
Season finale coming up on Sunday. The show will, unless things change, return for a 4th season, which will be it's last.

I wasn't sure if the show would continue beyond this season. In the last episode, they killed a few characters and altered the plot enough that they could have wrap the show up in the season finale, albeit in a hurried fashion.

Still, the show has had some head scratching moments in the last few episodes: Fet and company literally taking all day to journey down to the vampire nest under Central Park and then returning to the surface in a matter of minutes, the "A boy and his strigoi" storyline that they haven't done anything with since it was introduced, and Eichorst setting off a tactical nuke deep under NYC and no one noticing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Season finale coming up on Sunday. The show will, unless things change, return for a 4th season, which will be it's last.

I wasn't sure if the show would continue beyond this season. In the last episode, they killed a few characters and altered the plot enough that they could have wrap the show up in the season finale, albeit in a hurried fashion.

Still, the show has had some head scratching moments in the last few episodes: Fet and company literally taking all day to journey down to the vampire nest under Central Park and then returning to the surface in a matter of minutes, the "A boy and his strigoi" storyline that they haven't done anything with since it was introduced, and Eichorst setting off a tactical nuke deep under NYC and no one noticing.

The show had potential, some decent characters and acting, but the writing was an awful fail. . Especially in regards to the most basic of things: the plot.

Reaction Score
yeah, I thought the first season or two with the flashbacks to WW2 and the concentration camps were pretty interesting, but the plot has been a disaster, and I could careless about most of the characters.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Somehow I stuck with this show the whole run thanks to the DVR. I just wanted to see how it ended. For me, the only thing that made it tolerable through the last 2 seasons was the character of Quinlan. He was a badass.

The doc and his kid were absolutely the worst part of the show.

Reaction Score
Somehow I stuck with this show the whole run thanks to the DVR. I just wanted to see how it ended. For me, the only thing that made it tolerable through the last 2 seasons was the character of Quinlan. He was a badass.

The doc and his kid were absolutely the worst part of the show.

def, i finished as well. At times it was really like pulling teeth. I thought the show started out very promising and had some cool parts (the history of the master and the nazis). But overall i think it was kinda sidelined by poor writing and crappy characters that you werent really invested in

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yep me too. Pulling teeth is a good analogy. But I'm glad I finished and still found it entertaining in parts. One thing that annoyed me was the look of the Master in the beginning. He looked like a ridiculous cartoon. They should have made him look more badass. He only felt cool when he took over the rock star dude.

My dream of a totally annihilated stregoy filled world didn't come true. I thought there was an outside chance with Del Toro producing.

Characters I liked:
  • I'll always love the Pawn Broker. Single mindedness to the extreme. DNGAF.
  • Quinland good.
  • Fet good.
  • I always like Eichorst too, just not so much at the end when he became feckless.
  • I like the Hispanic guy too. Good dude
Bad:
  • Zack: one of the single worst characters on television all the way around, from acting, from being a flat out annoying person, that stupid scowl, half wit, pvssy, . Just dumb dumb dumb.
  • Doc: thinks his kids is redeemable. Terrible. Emotional pvssy.

Reaction Score
I hung around to the end too. First season was great then downhill from there. Fet, Setrakian, Eichort were good characters. Doc and and Zach were horrible. The acting was pretty bad too but I can overlook that with good writing.I would have stopped prior to this season but when they announced it was the last season I went for it.

Reaction Score
Yep me too. Pulling teeth is a good analogy. But I'm glad I finished and still found it entertaining in parts. One thing that annoyed me was the look of the Master in the beginning. He looked like a ridiculous cartoon. They should have made him look more badass. He only felt cool when he took over the rock star dude.

My dream of a totally annihilated stregoy filled world didn't come true. I thought there was an outside chance with Del Toro producing.

Characters I liked:
  • I'll always love the Pawn Broker. Single mindedness to the extreme. DNGAF.
  • Quinland good.
  • Fet good.
  • I always like Eichorst too, just not so much at the end when he became feckless.
  • I like the Hispanic guy too. Good dude
Bad:
  • Zack: one of the single worst characters on television all the way around, from acting, from being a flat out annoying person, that stupid scowl, half wit, pvssy, . Just dumb dumb dumb.
  • Doc: thinks his kids is redeemable. Terrible. Emotional pvssy.

Totally forgot about the rock star! Also i didnt really understand, was this whole thing restricted to just Manhattan? Did the different military of the world not try to intervene? Why did the master just go to a different place when they knew the nuke was being brought into the city?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I fell off this wagon 1 1/2 seasons in. My wife is still hanging in there.

I gave up halfway through season one. Glad I did.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Totally forgot about the rock star! Also i didnt really understand, was this whole thing restricted to just Manhattan? Did the different military of the world not try to intervene? Why did the master just go to a different place when they knew the nuke was being brought into the city?

No idea but the last episode seemed to imply it was a world wide thing, which given the story, makes absolutely no sense. But The Strain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom