The silver linings: what I like about the NCAAW bracket | The Boneyard

The silver linings: what I like about the NCAAW bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Here's what I like about the bracket:
  • UConn is in the Albany regional as expected, so the crowd should be partisan.
  • I would have preferred that USF, Louisville, and Kentucky not all be in the Albany region, but UConn wouldn't have to worry about any of those three teams, if at all, until the regional final.
  • Texas or Cal project as possible regional semis opponents for UConn, and I don't worry about either squad at this point.
  • If UConn had to have a remtach with South Carolina, Notre Dame, or Stanford, it wouldn't be until the national championship game...if indeed UConn makes it that far.
  • Conversely, a potential national semis opponent (If UConn makes the Final Four) would be one of the quartet of Maryland/Tennessee/Oregon State/Duke. I believe that is a favorable draw for that stage of the tourney.
  • Notre Dame has the toughest path to the Final Four of all of the #1 seeds. A potential second-round matchup pits Brianna Turner against Amanda "Wowy Zowy" B. Stanford would be a likely regional semis matchup, and Big XII champion Baylor probably waits in the wings. Better the Irish than UConn, I say...
  • UConn-Rutgers will be a fun and well-attended game for old times' sake if that is indeed the second-round matchup.
SO get pumped up! Six-game win streak, here we come!!!

Reaction Score
  • I would have preferred that USF, Louisville, and Kentucky not all be in the Albany region, but UConn wouldn't have to worry about any of those three teams, if at all, until the regional final.
  • Texas or Cal project as possible regional semis opponents for UConn, and I don't worry about either squad at this point.
  • If UConn had to have a remtach with South Carolina, Notre Dame, or Stanford, it wouldn't be until the national championship game...if indeed UConn makes it that far.
  • Conversely, a potential national semis opponent (If UConn makes the Final Four) would be one of the quartet of Maryland/Tennessee/Oregon State/Duke. I believe that is a favorable draw for that stage of the tourney.
  • Notre Dame has the toughest path to the Final Four of all of the #1 seeds. A potential second-round matchup pits Brianna Turner against Amanda "Wowy Zowy" B. Stanford would be a likely regional semis matchup, and Big XII champion Baylor probably waits in the wings. Better the Irish than UConn, I say...
  • UConn-Rutgers will be a fun and well-attended game for old times' sake if that is indeed the second-round matchup.
Refreshing to hear someone who's happy about the brackets.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I noticed and liked the potential final four arrangement. Less likely to have the toughest games in the semis. Of course everyone has to get there first...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I agree, pretty easy path for UCONN (but most would be). Cal or Texas (without Enemkpali), should be no problem. UCONN has never had any problems with Louisville or Kentucky. Nice to keep a SEC team out of the FF also. Don't have to play both ND AND SC in the FF.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You used the word "worry" twice in relation to UConn or you. Just relax, don't worry, be happy, and just watch where the Huskies go. The best is yet to come.

Actually there is one thing to worry about -- whether the AAC can prove itself the most dominating conference again following up on its 90% Tourney winning percentage last year. This year it is going to be a bit lower than that, but it would be cool if the AAC could get double figures in wins.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While anything is possible, in the UConn bracket the only team that I see that would have a chance against UConn would be USF. Not because they're the most talented team, but because they've managed to play UConn even in the 2nd half of two games. Have to believe a 4th match up they would not get down by 20 plus points by half time. Don't think they would win, but would make the game interesting. Don't see Louisville or Kentucky staying even and UConn should win by 20 plus points. Also don't think Cal and Texas can stay with UConn, not enough scoring for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom