the sec effect | The Boneyard

the sec effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
they need some teams. if they take 2 or more acc teams lets be honest. most likely fsu/gt/clem/vt/ncst(mk really) are the short list. if they take any 2 or more? that league is worse at fball than wvu/usf/lville/cincy/uconn/ruty/ucf/ecu/navy/army
if cuse and pitt didn't jump the gun like rtards then look at it the other way. no matter who the sec grabs, the acc still has
-miami who will be hurting the next couple years for sure, then rebuild
-unc same as miami
-duke = horrible, they beat bc
-bc= face palm horrible
-wake= bottom feeder, 2 out of 10 years they are good, rest they stink as usual
-uva is a lift time ok program. some horrible years some good, never great
thats 6 teams that do nothing for fball, half the league. if the sec touches the acc, i go from wanting to be in the acc to wanting to build a ssolid league on our own. splitting from the BE and forming something like i wrote up top is a great start. and down the road having the navy/army may change nd's mind when that day comes. i think if the sec does touch the acc and we do split, pitt and cuse may cancel there move as i expect that its in there contracts...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
they need some teams. if they take 2 or more acc teams lets be honest. most likely fsu/gt/clem/vt/ncst(mk really) are the short list. if they take any 2 or more? that league is worse at fball than wvu/usf/lville/cincy/uconn/ruty/ucf/ecu/navy/army
if cuse and pitt didn't jump the gun like rtards then look at it the other way. no matter who the sec grabs, the acc still has
-unc same as miami
-bc= face palm horrible
thats 6 teams that do nothing for fball, half the league. if the sec touches the acc, i go from wanting to be in the acc to wanting to build a ssolid league on our own. splitting from the BE and forming something like i wrote up top is a great start. and down the road having the navy/army may change nd's mind when that day comes. i think if the sec does touch the acc and we do split, pitt and cuse may cancel there move as i expect that its in there contracts...
I been discussing this for quite a while. How does Pitt and Syracuse give them leverage with the media to bump their contract? How does it stabilize the league? They improve significantly in bb. But this new ACC bb conference is still a step down from the BE bb conference before Pitt and Cuse bolted.

Swofford looked like a genius when he grabbed VT, Miami and BC. But time proved that grab to be underwhelming. He's getting accolades once again with grabbing Pitt and Cuse. And you and I are sitting here saying doesn't anyone remember what happened in the recent past and isn't anyone looking at the details you mention?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Swofford is a genius IF he gets Texas or Notre Dame. If not... the jury's out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i can easily see this chain of events, just as easily as "uconn & nd to the acc"

-sec grabs fsu/vt lets just say 2 for now.
-cuse and pitt have a cancel contract clause if the sec....they get out for no $ penalty.
-the BE schools split and welcome back the 2 idiots.
-meanwhile the new big south if forming so count tcu out. good for them i say, uh.smu as well...that will be a fun conf if texas ever stops acting like a . anyway
-the BE is uconn/cuse/pitt/ruty/wvu/cicny/lville/usf
-they then call uva/md/gt/clemson and say guess what, were getting a fat $tv contract and were no touching the 4 idiots on tb road who play shity fball, were going to only take the best fball school in north cary. we get them to bite eventually but it takes work.
the BE now?
=uconn/cuse/pitt/ruty/wvu/cincy/md/usf/lville/uva/gt/clemson
thats 12. who are the last 4? bc knows they just got screwed in the a! and tb road knows it also. we just flipped the script of a life time. thanks espn!:)
nd still just being nd, but we make a huge move. we grab them with psu who sees the joepa conf happening and the midwest flavor is getting to be to much for them.they see these huge aditions and geography coming together which will = long term rivals and $$$. boom goes the dynomite.btw between pitt/ruty/psu/md-the phili mk is covered. no phili talk is needed now.
=uconn/cuse/pitt/ruty/wvu/cincy/md/usf/lville/uva/gt/clemson/nd/psu
now were looking for 2. tosu/vandy and others say no. thats fine, worth the try, so now we revisit tb road. for the mk. we taunt them. ncst will leave in a second, but we dont want them. we want unc to face reality and have to leave duke, the ultimate diss of the expansion ear. they bring the mk, the big name, the fanbase that can be a good addition fball wise in the long run and every1 knows the bball...but they won't budge until some1 else is #15 and they are #16 or they lose the million they invested in fball. so we continue to look around, at this point we know we can get unc as #16 and worst case we grab ecu and let them on that state, we just want the tv mk in the end but would prefer the bball program/fanbase/tradition of unc. so we explore navy/memphis/revisit miami but we have usf and we want them to suceed just like uconn vs bc in new england. were looking to kill them off and give them the ultimate send off of shame. but who is that #15 to force unc? who is it? i'm not sure. md doesnt want navy/we dont want bc/usf says no to fl schools and guess what, this conf was built on killin the other off so we respect the members here already. so we have 14 and unc is sitting there. who knows who 15 is to get unc to 16, maybe its uab for the (mk and inroad to there). any way we own new england to south fl and every inch of 95, f the sec! were coming for u. the acc is now-tb road left overs/miami/bc/ enjoy u ja's

just woke up from a dream, what happened?

Reaction Score
-unc same as miami
-bc= face palm horrible

I disagree -

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I disagree -

okay^ argue it then. match it up???
i'm trying to have some fun and enjoy these times why we can....not trying to be a .
lets say 2 of those 5 go.
3 of fsu/vt/ncst/gt/clem vs wvu/usf/tcu. u have the acc winning that? vt barely best ecu last week. fsu lost to ok, they are good but not better than a wvu/tcu imo. ncst just got a beatdown from cincy.

wake lost to cuse, unc beat ruty, theres a W for you. duk couldn't beat any1 cept bc who wouldn't win a game either. uva? md is good, they would prob win a game, oh wait they lost to wvu already.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

BE vs ACC this year:
-ruty lost at unc
-cuse beat wake
-wvu won at md
-cincy beatup ncst

still to come:
lville at unc
usf vs miami

the best possible outcome for the acc at this point is 3-3. i have faith that the BE can at worst split the last 2. i'm think the BE goes 5-1 actually.
also(take a look at non bcs schools who are BE hungry) ucf beat bc, ecu gave vt a game.​

Reaction Score
-unc same as miami
-bc= face palm horrible
You're right, it's ugly.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its real ugly. with the tv contract coming and a split just a phone call away. cuse and pitt are rtards. they got happy feet and got talked into it. if we get into the acc with another team and the sec doesn't touch the acc, then its a solid conf with some good some bad and some average teams, im ok with that for uconn. we can be competitive in fball and still have a top notch place for bball. but if the sec does touch the acc, then holy its ugly. i have faith that uconn will always be a bball power post JC. so i just want to find uconn a home in fball that makes sense for us, not everyone else. we built from nothing to something in less than 15 years, same can be said for usf. lville/cincy went from barely something to something quickly as well. these schools including us have done something very impressive. why cant we help a couple other schools out and do it again and build a heck of a conf for the future. its our turn to extend the olive branch. i hope we realize it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
its real ugly. with the tv contract coming and a split just a phone call away. cuse and pitt are rtards. they got happy feet and got talked into it. if we get into the acc with another team and the sec doesn't touch the acc, then its a solid conf with some good some bad and some average teams, im ok with that for uconn. we can be competitive in fball and still have a top notch place for bball. but if the sec does touch the acc, then holy its ugly. i have faith that uconn will always be a bball power post JC. so i just want to find uconn a home in fball that makes sense for us, not everyone else. we built from nothing to something in less than 15 years, same can be said for usf. lville/cincy went from barely something to something quickly as well. these schools including us have done something very impressive. why cant we help a couple other schools out and do it again and build a heck of a conf for the future. its our turn to extend the olive branch. i hope we realize it.
I'll keep echoing you. Hope you don't mind. Like Cuse and Pitt. For all we know UConn into the ACC can work for football even if FSU leaves. But getting it to work would be just as difficult as any of the other ideas being thrown out there by people.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'll keep echoing you. Hope you don't mind. Like Cuse and Pitt. For all we know UConn into the ACC can work for football even if FSU leaves. But getting it to work would be just as difficult as any of the other ideas being thrown out there by people.
i enjoy your input and think we have close to the same view. in the ned i just want a good home for the school my family has alot invested in and that i route for. i just think ppl here don't see whats happening. the b12 had a trust issue that was $ generated. they will work it out some way, tex/ok won't let it happen any other way, its just posturing all day from them. that leaves the rality that the sec will go after the acc. from there its a choice that has to be made for uconn. just becuase cuse and pitt got happy feet doesn't mean no matter who is left in the acc that its the better spot. look at bc. what happens when the acc has bc/pitt/cuse/md/uva/nc/ncst/duke/wake/gt/miami. cuse and pitt become 2 more bc's. meanwhile uconn is in a growing conf with sucess and building programs, not traditon and has beens.

but uconn bball will suffer so much from not being with pitt/cuse/unc/dook. WRONG! we can play a good ooc every year so that our aulity/rpi is fine and guess what. az is doing fine in the pac, mich st is in a good conf and is a fine program, but they dont play a be/acc schedule. kansas? same thing. a conf with wvu/lville/cincy gives us enough bball wise to continue to be a top 8 program all time and a future where that doesn't disapear.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
i enjoy your input and think we have close to the same view. in the ned i just want a good home for the school my family has alot invested in and that i route for. i just think ppl here don't see whats happening. the b12 had a trust issue that was $ generated. they will work it out some way, tex/ok won't let it happen any other way, its just posturing all day from them. that leaves the rality that the sec will go after the acc. from there its a choice that has to be made for uconn. just becuase cuse and pitt got happy feet doesn't mean no matter who is left in the acc that its the better spot. look at bc. what happens when the acc has bc/pitt/cuse/md/uva/nc/ncst/duke/wake/gt/miami. cuse and pitt become 2 more bc's. meanwhile uconn is in a growing conf with sucess and building programs, not traditon and has beens.

but uconn bball will suffer so much from not being with pitt/cuse/unc/dook. WRONG! we can play a good ooc every year so that our aulity/rpi is fine and guess what. az is doing fine in the pac, mich st is in a good conf and is a fine program, but they dont play a be/acc schedule. kansas? same thing. a conf with wvu/lville/cincy gives us enough bball wise to continue to be a top 8 program all time and a future where that doesn't disapear.

I don't see the B12 as being able to resolve their problems. OU/OSU are doing the same thing Mizzou is doing, insisting on Texas making changes that they know Texas won't make, or if it makes them they will significantly benefit at Texas's detriment, and therefore won't need the SEC or PAC. And that isn't happening. And they know it. So they are doing the logical thing that both the SEC and PAC have asked them to do. Put the responsibility of their leaving on the unwillingness of Texas to remove its unfair network advantage. This will make things difficult for Baylor or Iowa State to win a legal challenge against these teams and the conferences they are joining. This was the dance all these schools had to play to lessen legal issues.

So the landscape of possibilities really hasn't changed that much since all of us found out about Pitt and Cuse leaving. But I'm with you about both sports. I want both football and bb to succeed and football is in a delicate position. And like you I'm not sure the ACC offers that much benefit if FSU leaves the conference.

The funny thing is that no matter which way things turn out I think UConn will be fine. They just have to make sure they get the right coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom