The Samuel/Nolan Flagrant Foul Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Samuel/Nolan Flagrant Foul Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nolan had 0 points and 1 rebound, when did his game changing play occur again?

Is it just that you need to find something? He didn't play much anyway they played small and with Brimah mostly………….Nolans been good, solid the other night……all guys ten toes in! Leave it alone

Reaction Score
Sorry, I'm not the one who inferred Nolan had anything remotely to do with last night's win.

Is it just that you need to find something? He didn't play much anyway they played small and with Brimah mostly………….Nolans been good, solid the other night……all guys ten toes in! Leave it alone

Reaction Score
True, he played 6 minutes. Is the idea his confidence would be shaken if he didn't start? I guess in seriousness just trying to shorten the game for Brimah for foul issues.

He played he had something to do with the win…….anyone else take a charge?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
TSAM is a down and dirty NYC baller like the Pearl, like Kemba, like all the others (not saying talent wise) but they have that attitude.
Even if he wasn't trying to bring down the nova player I know he wasn't afraid and I know it wasn't his first time doing such a thing
I'm not being a jerk - but can you imagine DD doing the same?
We need a bad Azzi Fudd attitude to be successful

Reaction Score
I think Nolan's and TSam's foul were part of an overall coaching strategy... the coaches wanted uconn to send a message to nova early that there were going to be no easy baskets down low and that the players were not going to be scared of contact...Using KO's reference to a heavyweight boxing match, uconn wanted to punch first and punch hard to get into the heads of nova players...and it worked, I think Nova almost set the record for fewest 2point field goals made in a tourni game... Love KO and the big east physicality...

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
7 two point field goals!!! They didn't want any part of the paint!
when they did get in there they missed because they rushed there shots!
Nolan, T Sam, and obviously Brimah put the fear of god in them!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I think Nolan's and TSam's foul were part of an overall coaching strategy... the coaches wanted uconn to send a message to nova early that there were going to be no easy baskets down low and that the players were not going to be scared of contact...Using KO's reference to a heavyweight boxing match, uconn wanted to punch first and punch hard to get into the heads of nova players...and it worked, I think Nova almost set the record for fewest 2point field goals made in a tourni game... Love KO and the big east physicality...
Tied the record I think

Reaction Score
GIF GIF GIF GIF??? ANYONE???
looked like he could play outside linebacker for Diaco yesterday. Never saw him so tough under the boards.
He is playing with an attitude too. Once you get a taste of a National Championship, it's tough to get it
out of your mouth. Giffey is playing like he wants another ring!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I said back during the Louisville game that I loved the fact that T. Sam gave to the Louisville player in the hand shake line. I said something to the effect of, screw it. We need more T. Sam - we need a guy with an attitude to give the other team the big F - U - with a footnote that reads, "I'm not letting you waltz to the rim for an ESPN Top 10 dunk. You can go pound sand."

I took some crap for it, with one prominent poster saying something to the effect of, "he's 9th on our depth chart and he should keep his mouth shut."

Tonight he showed that he's not 9th on our depth chart at all. He came out full of piss and vinegar, lit a fire up under the teams' collective asses, and put a guy 40 pounds heavier on Nova on his ass, with zero regrets.

Phil Nolan sent a similar message, if not quite as timely, a bit earlier in the contest.

I say, I don't give a flying fudge bucket about being polite and gentlemanly. Everybody take a note on T Sam. Get a chip on your shoulder. Play with an attitude.

AND DON'T LET ANYBODY PUSH YOU AROUND IN THE PAINT AND SHOWBOAT DUNK ON YOU.

Man love for T Sam and Phil for making it clear early that we brought big rocks to the rock fight. Love it.
agreed, also giff was the guy doing that freshman year a lot and i loved it

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Napier has done a great job with TSam. The leadership of Bazz has helped TSam become the player I knew he could be as a Freshman.

What better time to have a guy like Samuel play with confidence on the big stage?

Boat was great tonight also. Loved the props he gave TS after the game.

What a game.

We could be witnessing the emergence of the next Ricky Moore.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Napier has done a great job with TSam. The leadership of Bazz has helped TSam become the player I knew he could be as a Freshman.

What better time to have a guy like Samuel play with confidence on the big stage?

Boat was great tonight also. Loved the props he gave TS after the game.

What a game.
TS earned very limited minutes this year, but suddenly in the biggest game of the season, he's out on the court full of confidence and swagger. I wonder if anyone knows about his development this season - we read/heard so little about him, and while he had flashes a few times, he mostly didn't register much PT during the course of the season. Suddenly feel very comfortable with him as one of our main guards next season...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
TS earned very limited minutes this year, but suddenly in the biggest game of the season, he's out on the court full of confidence and swagger. I wonder if anyone knows about his development this season - we read/heard so little about him, and while he had flashes a few times, he mostly didn't register much PT during the course of the season. Suddenly feel very comfortable with him as one of our main guards next season...

Napier has taken TSAM under his wing all season long, and has been bragging about how good he is going to be. He has seen it in practice, and we're starting to find out in the games. He just needs the experience that comes with more PT, and he's going to get it.

Reaction Score
looked like he could play outside linebacker for Diaco yesterday. Never saw him so tough under the boards.
He is playing with an attitude too. Once you get a taste of a National Championship, it's tough to get it
out of your mouth. Giffey is playing like he wants another ring!
LOL - I think GIF GIF GIF in this case means GIF as in JPEG not GIF as in Niels. But...

Reaction Score
TSam making major strides in development and helped our come back with Bazz out. Defense is good and on the tech, he held anything he could to break his fall, just happened to be the guy's neck.

Reaction Score
Also Brimah with the Dikembe Mutombo finger swag, love it.
"The" play that changed the momentum in our favor, IMO. That is what is so sweet and rare in MCBB. Momentum change due to a defensive presence. And we have him.

Reaction Score
To me, it just looked like Samuel was afraid and grabbed whatever he could to break his fall. I don't actually think he was trying to commit a hard foul at all. That's just how it ended up happening.
Dude, what?
It looked like TSam was afraid? Um. No. Frankly I don't think the kid is afraid of anything, including Chuck Norris.

This reminds me of the scene from Unforgiven. I'll edit it.

Clyde, incredulous in response to somebody asking if Little Bill Dagget was scared: "Little Bill? Him scared? Little Bill come out of Kansas and Texas boys. He worked them tough towns.”

In our world:
"Terrance Samuel? Him scared? T Sam come out of New York and Brooklyn boys. He worked them tough towns.”
I think he meant afraid to fall and get hurt so he grabbed on inadvertently. That's how I saw it!

Reaction Score
LOL - I think GIF GIF GIF in this case means GIF as in JPEG not GIF as in Niels. But...
Right now, during March Madness with UCONN going to the Sweet Sixteen in the Garden, sorry but GIF means only one thing, Niles Giffey! Go Blue! Go White! UCONN, UCONN, UCONN!

Reaction Score

Yes this…….

Again no one trying to hurt anyone but they need to stop backing down to certain types…….Harrell, Jackson, Pinkston etc etc…..did you see Harrell play vs St Louis and all those bigs banging him around, he was frustrated as hell didnt play that well at all like he does vs us…….we always say you have to "hit them first" rebounding, post defending etc etc but we didn't vs him, did better vs jackson and Giffey frustrated the heck out of Pinkston……..the 2 foul? Maybe kids are starting to get it…..be a little tougher, nothing easy!! I love it

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
Nolan had 0 points and 1 rebound, when did his game changing play occur again?

He was referring to Phil's hard (flagrant 1) foul that set the tone for no easy buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom