The Samuel/Nolan Flagrant Foul Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

The Samuel/Nolan Flagrant Foul Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I said back during the Louisville game that I loved the fact that T. Sam gave to the Louisville player in the hand shake line. I said something to the effect of, screw it. We need more T. Sam - we need a guy with an attitude to give the other team the big F - U - with a footnote that reads, "I'm not letting you waltz to the rim for an ESPN Top 10 dunk. You can go pound sand."

I took some crap for it, with one prominent poster saying something to the effect of, "he's 9th on our depth chart and he should keep his mouth shut."

Tonight he showed that he's not 9th on our depth chart at all. He came out full of piss and vinegar, lit a fire up under the teams' collective asses, and put a guy 40 pounds heavier on Nova on his ass, with zero regrets.

Phil Nolan sent a similar message, if not quite as timely, a bit earlier in the contest.

I say, I don't give a flying fudge bucket about being polite and gentlemanly. Everybody take a note on T Sam. Get a chip on your shoulder. Play with an attitude.

AND DON'T LET ANYBODY PUSH YOU AROUND IN THE PAINT AND SHOWBOAT DUNK ON YOU.

Man love for T Sam and Phil for making it clear early that we brought big rocks to the rock fight. Love it.

Reaction Score
This rule needs to be changed. The one called on Cuse tonight was crazy just like the one called on Brimah Thurs.

Reaction Score
Time for bed. What a great couple of days. Duke and Cuse went down like sacks of crap thrown out of a 2nd floor window during a 3 day backup in the sewer system. We pull out an OT win versus a game SL team. Then we simply throw down and choke the life out a Villanova team, capping it off with a 10 free throw in a row ending that sends the message to the world that you had better not be down 10 with a few minutes to go, because you're not going to catch us by fouling.

J. Gleason, "How sweet it is!"

Reaction Score
This rule needs to be changed. The one called on Cuse tonight was crazy just like the one called on Brimah Thurs.
Cooney's was so so so so very very weak. Barely graze a guy who is right on top of you and YOU get a flagrant? The wording in the rule of "above the shoulders contact" really has to go. It's hurt us a couple times since adopted too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do we really want to known as a dirty team?

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Cooney's was so so so so very very weak. Barely graze a guy who is right on top of you and YOU get a flagrant? The wording in the rule of "above the shoulders contact" really has to go. It's hurt us a couple times since adopted too.

The way the rule is written and based on what I've seen to date, all you have to do is place your face on on the chest of the guy with the ball and even if you foul him, there's a 50% chance you'll get two FT's and the ball. It's horsesheet and that rule has to be changed.

Reaction Score
Napier has done a great job with TSam. The leadership of Bazz has helped TSam become the player I knew he could be as a Freshman.

What better time to have a guy like Samuel play with confidence on the big stage?

Boat was great tonight also. Loved the props he gave TS after the game.

What a game.

Reaction Score
To me, it just looked like Samuel was afraid and grabbed whatever he could to break his fall. I don't actually think he was trying to commit a hard foul at all. That's just how it ended up happening.
Dude, what?
It looked like TSam was afraid? Um. No. Frankly I don't think the kid is afraid of anything, including Chuck Norris.

This reminds me of the scene from Unforgiven. I'll edit it.

Clyde, incredulous in response to somebody asking if Little Bill Dagget was scared: "Little Bill? Him scared? Little Bill come out of Kansas and Texas boys. He worked them tough towns.”

In our world:
"Terrance Samuel? Him scared? T Sam come out of New York and Brooklyn boys. He worked them tough towns.”

Reaction Score
To me, it just looked like Samuel was afraid and grabbed whatever he could to break his fall. I don't actually think he was trying to commit a hard foul at all. That's just how it ended up happening.

That was my perception too when they replayed it. I think it was an inadvertent reaction to a possible dangerous fall.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That was my perception too when they replayed it. I think it was an inadvertent reaction to a possible dangerous fall.
He was planning on the Nova player going up strong, then suddenly needed a place to land so reached out. I wasn't pleased at the time, that resulted in a foul shot and a 3 to end the half, instead of conceding the easy 2 and getting the last possession. But it all worked out.

Reaction Score
Nolan had 0 points and 1 rebound, when did his game changing play occur again?

I said back during the Louisville game that I loved the fact that T. Sam gave to the Louisville player in the hand shake line. I said something to the effect of, screw it. We need more T. Sam - we need a guy with an attitude to give the other team the big F - U - with a footnote that reads, "I'm not letting you waltz to the rim for an ESPN Top 10 dunk. You can go pound sand."

I took some crap for it, with one prominent poster saying something to the effect of, "he's 9th on our depth chart and he should keep his mouth shut."

Tonight he showed that he's not 9th on our depth chart at all. He came out full of piss and vinegar, lit a fire up under the teams' collective asses, and put a guy 40 pounds heavier on Nova on his ass, with zero regrets.

Phil Nolan sent a similar message, if not quite as timely, a bit earlier in the contest.

I say, I don't give a flying fudge bucket about being polite and gentlemanly. Everybody take a note on T Sam. Get a chip on your shoulder. Play with an attitude.

AND DON'T LET ANYBODY PUSH YOU AROUND IN THE PAINT AND SHOWBOAT DUNK ON YOU.

Man love for T Sam and Phil for making it clear early that we brought big rocks to the rock fight. Love it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At halftime of the game (alluding to the two flagrant ones) either Steve Smith or Grant Hill said "It's just old style Big East Basketball. I love it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom