OT: - The Ringer: 2024 NBA Draft Guide | The Boneyard

OT: The Ringer: 2024 NBA Draft Guide

Reaction Score
Clingan alongside Chet would be interesting.

What helps both Clingan and Castle is that they have very well-defined roles in a modern 4-out/1-in system, Clingan obviously being the 1-in (with capability to develop an outside shot to expand his repertoire to pick-and-pop in addition to pick-and-roll) and Castle being a versatile and switchable defender among the 4-out.

Reaction Score
nice layout, they have Castle @ #4 and Clingan @ #10

Just gonna throw some numbers out there... From the line, Donovan has shot 71% in our last 7 games and 63% since returning from injury. I think he's trending up despite that being one of his negatives.

The #s for Steph are also outdated and will only help his draft position. Like I said in another thread, he's been consistently shooting 38% from deep and is pushing 80% on FTs lately. I bet he will show out in his workouts.

But yeah, this is an awesome draft and it would be amazing if we could get two guys drafted top-10 in a season. Imagine what that would do for recruiting?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I expect Castle to stay top 5 if he plays the way he can in the tournament. Will open some eyes.

I have to admit, the Celtics should run to the podium to take Oso if he's there. Really solid fit.

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I think McCullar does work well there or for any contending team that needs depth and quality play on both ends.

Reaction Score
I know Reed has been playing insane and has deserved a skyrocketing draft stock, but #1 overall for a 170lb CG that comes off the bench is…..a decision. Even a weak class

His NBA floor is higher than Castle’s because of his shooting, but Castle’s ceiling is way higher imo

Reaction Score
Interesting comments on Clingan by Hurley. He said DC doesn't have to hoist threes in games to impress NBA scouts, they can watch him in pre-game and can see what he can do from the arc.

An NBA team that needs a back up point guard could do a lot worse in the first round than Newton.

Reaction Score
There's been some talk about T Newton going in the 1st round
Only first round talk I've seen was Gus Johnson in the Nova game and he didn't really seem to know what he was talking about

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I expect Castle to stay top 5 if he plays the way he can in the tournament. Will open some eyes.

I have to admit, the Celtics should run to the podium to take Oso if he's there. Really solid fit.

I'm not a Knicks fan, but I think McCullar does work well there or for any contending team that needs depth and quality play on both ends.
I have always loved Oso’s game yeah would be nice to see him under Horfords tutelage

Reaction Score
But yeah, this is an awesome draft and it would be amazing if we could get two guys drafted top-10 in a season. Imagine what that would do for recruiting?
If that does happen -

2021 - NYC/MA iso scorer sent to the lottery after 2 years
2023 - DMV sharpshooter sent to the lottery after 2 years
2024 - Local CT big man sent to the lottery after 2 years
2024 - GA playmaking PG sent to the lottery after 1 year

Recruiting net is getting wider. If we can get Stewart to the NBA, Hurley will have sent guys to the league from the tri-state, DMV, south, and west coast. Buy into his system and he'll get you there!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Two lottery picks?

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
I know Reed has been playing insane and has deserved a skyrocketing draft stock, but #1 overall for a 170lb CG that comes off the bench is…..a decision. Even a weak class

His NBA floor is higher than Castle’s because of his shooting, but Castle’s ceiling is way higher imo
Completely agree. Our offense doesn't ask him to do as much as Reeds. Castle, who I've yet to see smile, is the most impressive freshman I've seen play at Storrs.

We've got a lot of basketball left, and his stock will continue to rise. The young man is stone cold.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
This is why you eat you get up early every day and eat your Wheaties. Stephon, 5 years ago, almost to the day.

Attachments

• D0vtguaWkAId68_.jpeg
    D0vtguaWkAId68_.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 151

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member