The problem with court storming | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The problem with court storming

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I agree with your take that she may have been surprised otherwise she would've just shrugged off the contact. An athletes body composition is so much more dense than the average fluffy phone toting fan.

On the other hand, she may have so much flopping muscle memory, that the slightest contact causes her to go limp.
goat GIF

Reaction Score
if I'm that Ohio State player I need to have a conversation with that security guard

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
More likely she was upset at losing and knew the cameras would be on her. She was much less likely to be hurt sticking with her teammates.
I don't pay attention too much, but that seems a bit conspiracy theory-ish. I know she is good and in the news quite a bit in Women's basketball circles, but is she that much of an attention...seeker?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
should have been dropped to the ground, arrested, and throw out of school (if s/he's a student).
He's talking about the Ohio State player that went over to see if Clark was ok not the individual who ran on the court.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't pay attention too much, but that seems a bit conspiracy theory-ish. I know she is good and in the news quite a bit in Women's basketball circles, but is she that much of an attention...seeker?
How do you get this from Hawk's statement. She was avoiding scrutiny after an emotional loss.

Husky25

Reaction Score
How do you get this from Hawk's statement. She was avoiding scrutiny after an emotional loss.
"Super easy. Barely an inconvenience."
"...knew the cameras would be on her. She was much less likely to be hurt sticking with her teammates."

As I said, I am 100% a casual women's women's basketball fan. I pretty much only follow UConn and watch primarily during the Tournament.

As he said, walk off the floor as a team and it's probably a non-issue.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score

"More likely she was upset at losing and knew the cameras would be on her. She was much less likely to be hurt sticking with her teammates."

ctchamps

Reaction Score
"More likely she was upset at losing and knew the cameras would be on her. She was much less likely to be hurt sticking with her teammates."
An attention seeker would never leave a place where the cameras would find her even if she was demonstrably upset. She was avoiding the attention by leaving the bench.

Unfortunately the incident that took place because of her emotional reaction put her into the spotlight she was trying to avoid.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
An attention seeker would never leave a place where the cameras would find her even if she was demonstrably upset. She was avoiding the attention by leaving the bench.

Unfortunately the incident that took place because of her emotional reaction put her into the spotlight she was trying to avoid.

Ah. I read his post as saying she was was seeking the attention of the cameras on the court storming, which seems to be where the cameras were aimed.

You're probably right.

Reaction Score
I pulled this up on twitter yesterday and man with some of the comments. Some people really seem to hate Caitlin Clark.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ah. I read his post as saying she was was seeking the attention of the cameras on the court storming, which seems to be where the cameras were aimed.

You're probably right.
I read the Hawk's response the same way you did.

My thought was she was trying to get out of harms way a fast as she could. The incident is probably drawing more unwanted attention.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not only does it look like a flop, it looks like she specifically sought out contact.

That's stupid. Watch a video that hasn't been manipulated.

Reaction Score
Not only does it look like a flop, it looks like she specifically sought out contact.
She certainly wasn't seeking out contact. She didn't see her until a split second before they collided.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She certainly wasn't seeking out contact. She didn't see her until a split second before they collided.
See the still frame capture above. She had time to put on the brakes. There's not a flinch or any hesitation. Additionally, in the second video you can see that the fall is an afterthought.

1705947337972.png

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think she's that much of an attention avoider. She gets a lot of attention, and that's probably fine when she's winning. We've all seen those somewhat intrusive moments of players (men and women) crying or distraught on the sidelines. The cameras would 100% have found her for that, and is she didn't want to show it, I could imagine her getting to the locker room ASAP.

CL82

Reaction Score
That's not a real time video. It's even dumber than the slowed down version of the actual video.
I guess, but in every one of them it looks exactly the same way. She had the opportunity to avoid the idiot fan running on the court and chose not to. And her fall definitely seems like an afterthought.

But, hey, I agree to disagree on it.

Reaction Score
That's not a real time video. It's even dumber than the slowed down version of the actual video.
I can't tell if he's trolling. Weird troll but that would make more sense than the alternative.

CL82

Reaction Score
I can't tell if he's trolling. Weird troll but that would make more sense than the alternative.
Nope, 100% serious. To me, it's very, very clear from the video. But I get you see it differently, which is fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom