"The pressure is on UConn" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"The pressure is on UConn"

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Pretty odd narrative that the pressure would affect the coach, staff, and half the roster that won a national title last year.

They are a confident and serious bunch that I believe is focusing solely on the next goal in sight - beating Illinois and winning the east regional.

All the other noise is from the media and fans.

Reaction Score
Easy way to tighten them up, punch them in the mouth early with a 15-pt run and don't look back.

Reaction Score
Pretty odd narrative that the pressure would affect the coach, staff, and half the roster that won a national title last year.

They are a confident and serious bunch that I believe is focusing solely on the next goal in sight - beating Illinois and winning the east regional.

Very strange stuff people try to make up
UConn is a better team and if they play well
They will win everything else is just noise

Reaction Score
I'm obviously not playing, but I don't really feel the same kind of tension I did in the BET. In my mind, anything Sweet-16 or better is playing with house money. I judge coaches and programs based on number of Sweet-16s.

Reaction Score
Newton, Spencer, Castle, Karaban , Kling Kong all have ice water in their veins!

Reaction Score
Pressure is when your car conks out in the middle of a busy intersection, not when you are playing the game you love and have worked your ass to be at.

Reaction Score
I'm obviously not playing, but I don't really feel the same kind of tension I did in the BET. In my mind, anything Sweet-16 or better is playing with house money. I judge coaches and programs based on number of Sweet-16s.
We base them on National Championships at UConn.

Reaction Score
Pressure is when your car conks out in the middle of a busy intersection, not when you are playing the game you love and have worked your ass to be at.
I was comiong back from a concert at Meadow Lands, had half a keg in back seat along with other various party items, my car broke down on the George Washington Bridge, now THAT is pressure!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
This team has had pressure every single game this season.

They wanted to win the 2K MTE event. They did.

They wanted to earn a number 1 AP ranking (and keep that ranking). They did.

They wanted to win the Big East titles. They did.

They wanted to get the number 1 overall seed. They did.

Playing with poise and confidence through it all.

Is there “pressure”? Sure.

But it’s nothing they haven’t executed under all season long.

As a fan base, we probably feel more pressure than the team does at this point…

Reaction Score
I would think there is a lot of pressure..this team could go down as the greatest college team ever.. but it doesn’t seem to effect this team

Reaction Score
They don’t think there is pressure on an underdog whose school hasn’t been to a Final Four in forever playing the #1 team in the country that’s been spanking every team in their way?
This right here. I don't know who will win this game as Illinois scares the hell out of me in the same way Miami did last year. However, to say Illinois doesn't have pressure, mmmmm ... I am not buying that. Hawkins, Shannon, and Domask won't be back next year. This is their last chance to make the Final Four.

Reaction Score
LMFAO. This is true. You know how I know this is true? It happened to me on the fork of Boylston street (left goes towards Prudential Center and the right goes to Fenway Park.) In fact, my car was stuck in front of the traffic light. I laugh about it now, but at that time I hated it so much. I am glad I got rid of that car.

Reaction Score
LMFAO. This is true. You know how I know this is true? It happened to me on the fork of Boylston street (left goes towards Prudential Center and the right goes to Fenway Park.) In fact, my car was stuck in front of the traffic light. I laugh about it now, but at that time I hated it so much. I am glad I got rid of that car.
I know the exact spot...crazy how busy there. I might have just walked away and left the car. lol.

Reaction Score
Pressure is what a team loaded with One-and-Done's feels in every tournament game. The rest of the teams are underdogs.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This team would go down as one of the greatest not to win the championship, up there with 91 UNLV and 85 Gtown so the pressure is definitely on
Whether consciously or not, you wrote your post in the passive voice with the verb "to be." The passive voice states conditions in a way that avoids, hides, or otherwise lacks a clearly articulated subject and action. I mean no personal criticism of you in pointing that out.

Many people who read your sentence will agree with it. Others will not.

The passive voice enables writers to make strong, conclusive statements, without a full measure of personal responsibility. Careful readers will note that I just did that in my previous sentence.

Reaction Score
The idea that Illinois is the loosest team Rob Dauster has seen made me laugh. I have never seen a team as confident as our guys.
I can’t listen to Top Dogs anymore. Dauster just over hypes our opponent everytime. He said Hawkins is the 2nd best player on the court behind Shannon. He also said Illinois is going to get theirs on offense and we don’t match up good with them.

Reaction Score
I like JC’s comment when asked about the pressure of coaching at such a high level in big games , especially in the tourney .

He laughed , “that’s not pressure, real pressure is being a mid major coach with a young family to support .. With a .500 team not knowing if you’re going to be renewed or if you will ever get another opportunity if you’re not.“

Reaction Score

The media feels the pressure to say something intelligent about the game. Most of the time we get noise.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doom---35.jpg

Had to. It feels like we were getting a bit too comfortable.

Reaction Score
Whether consciously or not, you wrote your post in the passive voice with the verb "to be." The passive voice states conditions in a way that avoids, hides, or otherwise lacks a clearly articulated subject and action. I mean no personal criticism of you in pointing that out.

Many people who read your sentence will agree with it. Others will not.

The passive voice enables writers to make strong, conclusive statements, without a full measure of personal responsibility. Careful readers will note that I just did that in my previous sentence.
tricky because I’m talking about something that hasn’t happened yet and hopefully never will. Can you rewrite my sentence using active voice and in fewer words?

Reaction Score
I can’t listen to Top Dogs anymore. Dauster just over hypes our opponent everytime. He said Hawkins is the 2nd best player on the court behind Shannon. He also said Illinois is going to get theirs on offense and we don’t match up good with them.

It is cool to see a UConn guy do well and I love the niche F of 68 has filled so it’s unfortunate that outside of Fanta and TO, all the regulars are db’s. I always try to listen to Top Dawgs and never finish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom