The Players Tribune- Boat | The Boneyard

The Players Tribune- Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing. (Quick read for everyone hesitating about clicking on the link for whatever reason).

Reaction Score
Pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing. (Quick read for everyone hesitating about clicking on the link for whatever reason).

Disclaimer: contains entire 2014 National Championship game video, so it may not be such a quick stop on this page...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ugh. Iverson? Does Boat have something against practice?

Reaction Score
Disclaimer: contains entire 2014 National Championship game video, so it may not be such a quick stop on this page...
I just watched the entire 2nd half....

Reaction Score
Seriously could any of us even dream of listing men like "Jim Calhoun" and Kevin Ollie" as references

Reaction Score
I'm sure Jamie Dixon remembers that play he diagrammed!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Reaction Score

Very impressive workout by boat. Guy is barely out of breath while going game speed. That's the same guy dame lillard did his workouts with (lillard went Portland after and put up a legendary team workout in which he didn't miss a shot)

Reaction Score
I know that was probably a "mixtape" but that damn impressive...can't help but root for this kid. If we had a little more (even just DD) around him last year I really think he could have had an amazing season and led us deep in the tourney.

Reaction Score
"He’s an unbelievable money-maker in Europe, because he’s the type of guy they don’t have over there. They don’t have the super-quick guy."

He'll be alright either way. Jumper looks good though.

Reaction Score
"He’s an unbelievable money-maker in Europe, because he’s the type of guy they don’t have over there. They don’t have the super-quick guy."

He'll be alright either way. Jumper looks good though.
That's how I feel. Regardless of what goes down state side ; he could be a star in Europe while making plenty of loot .

Reaction Score
Its a long shot anyway but he'll probably be better off going undrafted. Get into the right situation for the summer and he might be able to pull off a Phil Pressey and get a deal somewhere by playing well in SL. If the Clippers are interested like he says they'll be looking into signing guys to cheap minimum deals since they'll be capped out once they likely max out DeAndre Jordan.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I wouldn't think any GM would want to see their 2nd round/undrafted point guard say "let met get the iso" down 2 with 5 seconds on the clock.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Watched the whole game. A little different than I remembered. Daniels did less.

Reaction Score
David 76 said:
Watched the whole game. A little different than I remembered. Daniels did less.

DD had a rough final. Florida was his signature (and a good day vs ISU).

Reaction Score
Article in the New Haven Register about Boat's chances of being drafted. A couple scouts quoted thinking he will get drafted.

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150620/uconns-ryan-boatright-a-longshot-to-be-taken-in-nba-draft

“I think he’s gonna be taken in the second round,” said an Eastern Conference scout. “He’s a tough guy. His size (5-foot-11) is against him, but he’s got plenty of fight and aggressiveness. Anyone who’s seen him in big games knows he comes to play and always competes. He’s a tremendous competitor.”

A Western Conference scout for one of the numerous teams Boatright worked out for in recent weeks also likes his chances of being taken.

“I wouldn’t be shocked if he went somewhere in the second half of the second round,” the scout said. “He was very good here when we worked him out. He’s an undersized scorer, but he’s improved other parts of his game. I don’t think you can really call him a point guard. But (there have been) a number of guys like him in the league: undersized, high-energy scoring types. Put them in the game and they affect the game with their energy.”

He listed Nate Robinson and the Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas as examples.

However, another Eastern Conference scout had a less optimistic view of Boatright’s draft potential.

“I think the prospects of the second round are less than 50-50,” he said. “But there’s a chance of him getting drafted. Even if he doesn’t, for sure he’ll be invited to summer league camps and get a strong look from multiple teams. He’ll be sought after.”

More from the three scouts in Borges' blog: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2015/06/nba-scouts-split-on-whether-ryan.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember well what Kenny Smith said during the 2014 Final Four about Boat (and Bazz). He described in detail how they play underneath the ballhandler not on him and because of that it makes it increasingly more difficult for a bigger guard to drive by them. Point is, Boat can be disruptive as a second unit guy, score in transition and create enough space to get his shot off. Count me in the camp that believes Boat goes in the mid to late second. I just think with his pedigree(coming from UConn matters), his athleticism, and his on ball defense are three things that make him extremely attractive that late in the draft. There is no question in my mind this kid can contribute off the bench for any NBA team.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The thing I don't like about this application...he should have checked lead the NBA in steals as well. He plays great on the ball D.

Reaction Score
Three things I would have him change if I could counsel:

1. Never send a 2 hour video, its like a 10 page resume
2. Area(s) to improve, list one or two don't say 'overall' it could mean everything.
2. Most importantly; for references, he should have used the Boneyard and John Calipiri

Now is this application thingy a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer