The Open (Golf) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Open (Golf)

Reaction Score
R+A going to give the guys a break on the pothole bunkers next three days.. Raking sand to the sides of bunkers so more balls will roll to the center when they enter the bunkers for flatter lies and higher percentage shots on exit strategies.. Hitting out of those bunkers is not my idea of fun..

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
When Spieth is on, he is the ultimate Open golfer. Just has every shot and isnt afraid to use the ground. Love watching him play
I'm curious as to what happened to him. Five years ago he was well on his way to pile up more majors than anyone not named Niklaus or Woods. He had a very complete game and a demeanor that appeared suited to not falling off after a bad match or two.

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to what happened to him. Five years ago he was well on his way to pile up more majors than anyone not named Niklaus or Woods. He had a very complete game and a demeanor that appeared suited to not falling off after a bad match or two.
He really lost his swing for a bit. He was never a great driver of the ball, but he was a damn good iron player and the best scrambler on tour from 2015-2018. Then he just kind of lost his swing and had a long ways back. He's almost back with the iron, but hes actually having his best driving season on Tour.

Reaction Score
He got himself a bone chip in his left wrist while lifting. Elected not to have surgery. He then developed many different techniques and habits to overcome/compensate for the injury...messed him up. Don't know what has happened to Justin Thomas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He got himself a bone chip in his left wrist while lifting. Elected not to have surgery. He then developed many different techniques and habits to overcome/compensate for the injury...messed him up. Don't know what has happened to Justin Thomas.
Speculation is JT has had a lower back injury for the last 6-8 months

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seems less of a shouting golf culture. "Get in the hole!" type stuff. Just a personal preference. I would love to play in The Open.
Edit; Starting to hear a lone wolf here and there who wants to be heard after any applause.

Agree the crowd has a different vibe. Less aggressive and more appreciative. Overall crowd size isn't any larger than most other majors.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Spieth had no confidence onbthe tee. He had the double miss going which is worst thing for a pro. If they hook everything or slice everyrhing they can compensate. The double miss leads to double crosses which leads to OB off the tee. And them he got the yips on short putts.
He has a lot of scar tissue on his golf mind and that is tough to rid yourself of it.

If I was betting I still say he gets one or two more majors but now he's all over the place on leaderboards at majors.

Reaction Score
Agree the crowd has a different vibe. Less aggressive and more appreciative. Overall crowd size isn't any larger than most other majors.
maybe it was the LA crowd size thing. I thought the crowds here were limited to about 40-50k per day. St Andrews last year was 290k. Port Rush 260K bur probably course dependent, some of the others were about 160k.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hatton just carded a 9 on 15. Went into the hole 11th on the leaderboard now is squarely on the cut line.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's my cable service or USA, but I can't watch the thing. Audio is OK but video freezes every 5 seconds.

Anyway, Hovland's attire is mild compared to stuff Parnevik and Poulter used to wear. Was amused by this:

Let's see if a seagull craps on this outfit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if it's my cable service or USA, but I can't watch the thing. Audio is OK but video freezes every 5 seconds.

Anyway, Hovland's attire is mild compared to stuff Parnevik and Poulter used to wear. Was amused by this:

Let's see if a seagull craps on this outfit.

I dont hate the loud outfits but J. Lindberg takes it to a new level. Even the birds were disgusted enough by it yesterday to poop on him!
Now if he went straight whalers color, THAT would be awesome

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When Spieth is on, he is the ultimate Open golfer. Just has every shot and isnt afraid to use the ground. Love watching him play

I do think Day and Spieth are a good pairing for each other.] Both real creative around the green and fighting irons off the tee and fairway.

Reaction Score
The 17th is interesting for a 132 shot huh? I mean these guys usually throw darts at a number like that but the look alone on set up drivers them nuts I think.

My buddy has some nice dollars on Harman and Fleetwood. Long way away and I'm getting sick of his bag of money texts, but he has a chance.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The 17th is interesting for a 132 shot huh? I mean these guys usually throw darts at a number like that but the look alone on set up drivers them nuts I think.

My buddy has some nice dollars on Harman and Fleetwood. Long way away and I'm getting sick of his bag of money texts, but he has a chance.
Harman has such a lead he'd have to implode to not be in one of top two pairings on Sunday - but if Fleetwood closes the gap, crowds will go nuts, and can Harman handle that?

Bunch of big names have already folded. Scheffler needs a bird on 18 to make the cut, Fowler is on cut line with 4 holes to go, Morikawa, Niemann, Rose and Finau already headed to airport.

Reaction Score
Speculation is JT has had a lower back injury for the last 6-8 months
Yeah, he definitely seems to be less than 100% speed on his swings. Trying to guide it.

Reaction Score
Harman has such a lead he'd have to implode to not be in one of top two pairings on Sunday - but if Fleetwood closes the gap, crowds will go nuts, and can Harman handle that?

Bunch of big names have already folded. Scheffler needs a bird on 18 to make the cut, Fowler is on cut line with 4 holes to go, Morikawa, Niemann, Rose and Finau already headed to airport.
I haven’t been able to watch much but I saw Scottie miss a couple of shortish putts yesterday. Has his putter imploded again?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom