The Open (Golf) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Open (Golf)

Reaction Score
A bit of excitement when Rahm made his move yesterday but I agree today not too exciting. Harman did what he had to do. Very steady.
Agreed, and I will add, I will be more than happy if I never have to watch his 15 minutes of waggling before every shot again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tee shot in the fairway on 18. There's no Van deVelde'ing this win away. Cripes, he can go PW, PW, PW and just stroll down the fairway.

And for those who went to the Traveler's or watched it on TV, the soon to be Open champion finished second at River Highlands. You were watching a soon to be major champion compete in Cromwell and didn't even realize it.

Reaction Score
2 observations:

1). Harmon essentially won this Open on Friday (Day 2) with a dominant round relative to the field to open up a big lead. Then, played good, smart golf over the weekend to coast to a win.

2). Hard to believe that Rory has gone through his Prime 10 years (ages 25 to 34) with ZERO Majors. And, he's been injury free and with a good swing during the past 10 years. I think that speaks to both the high level of competition and a short game that won't allow him to close big tournaments. I think he'll win a few more Majors, but you never know. At some point, injuries and swing changes will be inevitable as he moves into his late 30s (especially with such a powerful swing torque - he's only 5'9" but one of the biggest hitters on Tour).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How bad is the weather in Hoylake?????? His wife is hanging out in Syracuse, NY instead of taking a trip across the pond and seeing the win in person.

Reaction Score
How bad is the weather in Hoylake?????? His wife is hanging out in Syracuse, NY instead of taking a trip across the pond and seeing the win in person.
Most of us wouldn’t spend more than a day there. Too bad for the lost opportunity.

Reaction Score
Yeah, unfortunately the weekend turned out to be a snooze for the Open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom