The only way to save face Sunday morning | The Boneyard

The only way to save face Sunday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The way I see it, Saturday night is going to be brutal. We know it. Everyone knows it. There's only one way to save face. Fire Pasqualoni after the game. At least we get to take back the narrative. At least some will say."well damn, I guess they aren't going to tolerate performances like that". Because we can't, and shouldn't tolerate performances like we've had, and are going to have Saturday night in front of a huge audience. At least by firing Pasqualoni following the game, it will send a message. Best we can do right now, in my opinion.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There will be no narrative to change because no one will be paying attention. Around 10:30 Saturday night, ESPN will switch over to a more competitive game, and whatever national relevance UConn had will end forever.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hell lets do it at halftime. I'm only half kidding.

Reaction Score
Hell lets do it at halftime. I'm only half kidding.

I think you're on to something. One thing I've been thinking is that if the score does end up being lopsided, it might be better for us if we're never in the game at all and hopefully the network cuts away before the stadium starts emptying out in the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
Firing P and GDL restores hope, it wipes the slate clean and resets the clock on a new 9 game season, and most importantly allows us to find out if Weist is the guy.

How great would it be if we went 6-3 down the stretch and snuck into a bowl, at that point there would be no need to look for a coach, we would have our man.

or we can keep P and GDL and continue our slow march to the cemetery, It's your call Warde.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think you're on to something. One thing I've been thinking is that if the score does end up being lopsided, it might be better for us if we're never in the game at all and hopefully the network cuts away before the stadium starts emptying out in the 3rd quarter.
We just need to find a way to combine firing P and GDL along with your halftime show with Emily. Would be the best thing to happen at the Rent in years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are two ways this program moves forward.

1. Win the next two games and make a bowl game.

2. Fire P/GDL.

You can argue which is better in the short, medium and long terms.

Answers: short: 1 by a wide margin, medium: 2 by a hair, long: 2 by a wide margin.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Firing P and GDL restores hope, it wipes the slate clean and resets the clock on a new 9 game season, and most importantly allows us to find out if Weist is the guy.

How great would it be if we went 6-3 down the stretch and snuck into a bowl, at that point there would be no need to look for a coach, we would have our man.

or we can keep P and GDL and continue our slow march to the cemetery, It's your call Warde.

Nice problem to have, but that could also be a trap. I'd still look around.

Reaction Score
Winning wold change the narrative.
tumblr_lkr2cj8vQV1qcpaaxo1_400.jpg

Reaction Score

Problem is that it has not been a "slow march"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom